It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

French Hating

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
To you people who keep calling the French "cheese eating surrender monkeys" and the like... leave the damn French alone! As a student of history, trust me when I say that they have kicked more ass in the last 1500 years than America ever will. What would you expect a nation to do when faced with that kind of military might. They weren't the only nation to surrender either.

What you French-hating morons don't ever meniton is the Marquis or French Resistance, that saved the lives of countless American pilots. Without them the invasion of Europe wouldn't have gone so well.

Even more importantly, you always fail to mention WWI, where Germany invaded France and MILLIONS of French soldiers died fighting them off. Wake up and smell the FRENCH VANILLA people!!!

Statue of Liberty? Hello? French assistance during the Colonial Rebellion (American Revolution)?? If you want to play the "you owe us" game...without French help, America might not be here.

Vive la France, bitches!

[Edited on 11/24/2003 by Flinx]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Err dont live in the past french back then were cool
but French today.....nuff said.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Flinx
To you people who keep calling the French "cheese eating surrender monkeys" and the like... leave the damn French alone! As a student of history, trust me when I say that they have kicked more ass in the last 1500 years than America ever will. What would you expect a nation to do when faced with that kind of military might. They weren't the only nation to surrender either.

What you French-hating morons don't ever meniton is the Marquis or French Resistance, that saved the lives of countless American pilots. Without them the invasion of Europe wouldn't have gone so well.

Even more importantly, you always fail to mention WWI, where Germany invaded France and MILLIONS of French soldiers died fighting them off. Wake up and smell the FRENCH VANILLA people!!!

Statue of Liberty? Hello? French assistance during the Colonial Rebellion (American Revolution)?? If you want to play the "you owe us" game...without French help, America might not be here.

Vive la France, bitches!

[Edited on 11/24/2003 by Flinx]

Do you know how the WW 1 start?

No you dont!

Let me educate you.

If it where not the ALLIANCES that were in place.(half of europe was on one alliance and the other was on the other)

When one country attacked the other country then the rest of the ALLIES put their noses in to the war and thats how it became a WW!

Dont blame the Germans!

Blame everyone!

Austrian nation that was allies with Germany was having a quarrel with Russia about who was going to get the countries that were surrounding Bosnia and when the Austrian Empire started taking those countries over Russia declared war against the Austrian Empire.

The Germans declared war against Russia. When the war started to really go, all of the Russians allies which included France and Britain started to fight against Germany and then The United States started fighting the Germans.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:08 PM
link   
You really kick azz. I think most Americans are foolishly ignorant. They forget to realize that France is their own nation and have the right to disagree with America any time they want. They also have to realize France is a much older nation with it's OWN culture, and incredible history. They deserve a lot of respect, more than America does at least. If not for France, America would've never existed. Let's leave it at that.

As for surrendering, I recall that Americans surrender pretty easily too. Most recently, Jessica Lynch? Sure, she may not have had an option, but it's rather hypocritical to call the French "surrender monkeys" when the average American citizen would probably surrender immedietely to a foreign invader. Unless you're a soldier, that is.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Student of history?

Ahem.

I have seen a lot of articles that not only address the current French passion for appeasement but detail the long history of lost wars, draws and denouments and at best costly battles that gained little.

The left keep trying though, like the forces that power the dark side, they keep rambling on...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:12 PM
link   
Russian, the point was not who started the war, but the fact that they didn't just roll over and surrender like people say they always do.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
French today ?
Last time I wen't to France I found them very open minded and friendly, food is nice, crime is low and they got a lot of cultural monuments that worth the trip IE: Chateau de versaille. Far more important they got a high education level and they have one of the most powerful country in Europe...

Never seen Paris ?
Paris is from far ( And I've been in a lot of places in europe, asia and even more in america. ) the greatest city I have ever seen.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Salem]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
And there you go using a term invented by the French, Neo...

"The left"

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
All you guys are basing opinions on what happened in the past, you cant judge todays French nation by what their ancestors were like.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Then why use the so called history of lost wars???

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
I've heard Parisian French are alot different that other French. I could go into the history as to why that is but, I'm going to

But anyway, people get badmouthed or experience rude behavior in Paris and think all French are like that. But that happens everywhere, the condemnation of an entire group because of the behavior of a few. :shk:

Oh, and yes, France has been as slippery and tricky as any other nation in history. Not the point of the post.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:18 PM
link   
#@$%^&*%$ ... Excuse my French

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Not like that Saphire,
Like that:

Christ de tabernacle !

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You beat me to it!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Paris is a beautiful city but stay clear of Leon, a dump and proof that everything French is not beautiful.

The french are decadent, like the mature Roman state but without the power.

That is why no-one takes them very seriously.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Leon ? you meant Lyon... I agree that it's not the cutest city they have, but their is a lot of city that are nice, Marceille, Orl�ans and Toulouse.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:48 PM
link   
I'm not French but been there a few times, been in Quebec a number of times and have known many French people. Most of which are good people btw.

They have a different philosophy to life which does not match well with the rigours of global politics.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THENEO
I'm not French but been there a few times, been in Quebec a number of times and have known many French people. Most of which are good people btw.

They have a different philosophy to life which does not match well with the rigours of global politics.

Thought that only your brother has ever been into Qu�bec?

Any way....

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You beat me to it!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Was It the "surrender' remark or the Bathing crack ?
Peut-on acheter du parfum pour cacher l'odeur ?
Im sorry i really dont dislike the French its a cheap shot

I love a lot of French things
Peugeots..all the french women ive dated..escargot
Benedictine...camembert .....Damn Im Hungry !

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join