It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mars moon has a mind of it's own...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I was reading an artical that one of Mars's moons "Pheobe" actually rotates around Mars faster than Mars's gravitational pull and that the pictures of the moon show that the there are impact craters on the side of the moon closest to Mars but should not be there do to the fact the the moon is to close to Mars for the meteors not to escape Mars's gravitational pull and collide into mars.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Which article was that??? Magazine, journal, newspaper or website?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
a post such as this is uselss without some kind of link or proof

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I'd love to read the article, I've never heard of this.

BTW, it's "Phoebe".

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Side closest to Mars? So I take it that it either doesn't rotate, or that it's similar to our moon? Besides, nothing saying it couldn't have been turned around/knocked into a faster, present orbit by something else....

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Reading about this as well... that the two moons do move faster than what they are supposed to; I think the explaination given was the fact that they were minor asteroids pulled from the Belt, and that they kept their trajectory.

But what puzzles me is this: if they were in fact removed from the asteroid field, why would their speed be that same... what I mean is, wouldn't their speed have slowed due to Mars' gravitational field? If they (the moons) were of a higher, more moon-like orbit, their current speed would free them from Mars.

*Don't forget, Phoebes also has "mysterious" track/road marks leading from a large crater*

I think, knowing that the planet was dying... alien colonists did indeed remove an asteroid, and placed it within a more satilite style orbit (thus the speed), and are inhabiting the moon... which would explain the Russian Mars probe (from the 60's or 70's); the one that was headed towards the moon, and on video showed a large ovalish shadow mere moments before the satilite went off-line.

The planet is dead. I honestly, in my opinion, don't even think there are aliens living beneath the surface... but the moon(s)... that's different.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Isn't the moon's name Phobos?

???

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Phobos and Deimos. You're right.
Phoebe is a satellite of Saturn.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
Looking it up right now...

oops... wrong answer! The one above this is it...

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by soothsayer]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Well, they could have both been part of the same asteroid/metor a long time ago and they broke up.... That would explain the same speed...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Very good statements Soothsayer. For all you out there looking for reference I believe I read it in a book of scientific mysteries while bored off my azz, wondering through a Barnes and Nobles sipping my Mocha Latte frappichino w/ choco sprinkles not having to worry about looking for references.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:38 PM
link   
People actually drink that? I thought it was an urban myth...

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It's either that or straight whiskey baby.

new topics

top topics

join