It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is a pointless concept

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Anyone care to respond to my post?

Not really. I don't know where you polled most Christians, but that is not the understanding that my Christian friends have. I've explained the reasoning for Hell, who it was created for, why we were placed in the peril of going there, and what measures were taken to prevent it. It is not rocket science, it is no secret, just people in denial who want to ignore spiritual laws.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:36 PM
link   
What about people who have experienced and seen HELL???
There are many accounts of people who have experinced and seen hell and heaven...a foretaste of things to come!
Not ones where OOBE...out of body experiences!
but true accounts of HEAVEN and HELL!!!

Do we just dismiss and DENY IGNORANCE???

Those who want to beleive do so..those that do not want to...... will continue to believe what they want to beleive!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye
Anyone care to respond to my post?

Not really. I don't know where you polled most Christians, but that is not the understanding that my Christian friends have. I've explained the reasoning for Hell, who it was created for, why we were placed in the peril of going there, and what measures were taken to prevent it. It is not rocket science, it is no secret, just people in denial who want to ignore spiritual laws.

Where is your reasoning at? I can't find it.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raph
This is a civilized bashing of the idea known as "hell" to Christians and many others. These opinions are some of the original reasons I abandoned christianity.

If hell were an actual place, created by God, that the majority of us humans in history would be going to, what would its real purpose be? Let's give some options pretending for a moment that we are God.
Should I:
Play a big confusing trick on the entire human race by not providing any real tangible evidence of myself, even though I gave humans wonderful logical minds (except for some), and then punish the ones who fell for this trick (the majority) by sending them to an eternal place of suffering while rewarding others who hardly even thought for themselves in the becoming of christians with eternal bliss and happiness, while, through in through, I designed humans to be diverse and they are all hypocrites in some way or another.

Orrr, should I:
Make a world full of rich experience, good and bad, but in the end resort to pure love and happiness for all my beautiful creations to join me for eternal bliss in heaven, forgiving them ultimately even for not believeing in me (I did give them inquisitive logical minds, after all.)

Placed with these choices, you as God, what would you do?
I do not understand how a God that is supposed to be infinitely more forgiving and just than we are could choose the first option, making him seem like some big annoying unfair trickster.

Everything I say here is not against God. It is against the hell. Anyone who believes in hell out there, consider this, and consider what's more to come on my inquisitive posts to the ending of these world religions that separate the human race and do not unite it.

OK I'm convinced, I'm going out to KILL, RAPE, MOLEST CHILDREN, STEAL, CURSE GOD, NOT ACCEPT JESUS AS MY SAVIOR, There is no Satan, Devil/Devil's, Beelzebub, Lucifer. I'm in good shape. I have nothing to worry about I'll just end up in Heaven "THERE IS NO HELL"

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Jez, if He weren't those things, how could He have taken John in the spirit to see the future? For that matter, how could he have allowed any prophet to know the future?

Okay, so if God is all those things,

1. Wouldn't God have to have known, BEFORE making them, that Adam & Eve would eat the fruit and cause the fall of mankind? Doesn't that mean, since he knew the events to follow, that God intended to send most of mankind to a place of torture and pain?

2. If God knows all things, wouldn't God know who would and who would not believe in him? Would this not mean that some people were predestined to go to hell? How can it be our choice to believe in God, if God already knows who goes to heaven and who goes to hell?

3. If God is infinite, meaning to envelop and surpass all things, how could he make a "hell" that was separate from him? Wouldn't "hell" have to be contained within God, since by definition, nothing can exist outside of the infinite?

TC, what do you think?

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:26 AM
link   
From my PERSONAL EXPERIENCE, I am not sure there are really PLACES called Hell or Heaven.

I am a "walk-in". I walked into this body after having been a dead "Grey". I was PUT into this body. So where was Heaven or Hell in my case? I DEFINITELY had a soul. That is what is in this body.
If God really wants us to behave so we don't go to Hell, then He would be the ultimate "control freak", so to speak. In modern terms, God's attitude would be "It is MY way or the highway!" (Highway to Hell)
I tend to think that we see in death.....or in near-death what we expect to see.
I also tend to think we have some choices as to what we can do after death.... unfinished business, etc. (for a period of time). It seems to cross species, too.
It is too bad that "organized religions" use Hell as a way to get money and keep people nervous and frightened.
By the time we find out "the truth", it won't matter.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
Hmm, God or Satan eh?
If you choose to live without God then you go to Hell.
A place withou God.
Right.
Except that I thought God was supposed to be everywhere?
And that God was a part of everything, including us?
So surely God would be in Hell?

Is this just another one of those Christian lies?

Like Satan being the serpent of Eden and about us being lesser than God?

Man... Christians are hilarious...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan

Originally posted by Raph
This is a civilized bashing of the idea known as "hell" to Christians and many others. These opinions are some of the original reasons I abandoned christianity.

If hell were an actual place, created by God, that the majority of us humans in history would be going to, what would its real purpose be? Let's give some options pretending for a moment that we are God.
Should I:
Play a big confusing trick on the entire human race by not providing any real tangible evidence of myself, even though I gave humans wonderful logical minds (except for some), and then punish the ones who fell for this trick (the majority) by sending them to an eternal place of suffering while rewarding others who hardly even thought for themselves in the becoming of christians with eternal bliss and happiness, while, through in through, I designed humans to be diverse and they are all hypocrites in some way or another.

Orrr, should I:
Make a world full of rich experience, good and bad, but in the end resort to pure love and happiness for all my beautiful creations to join me for eternal bliss in heaven, forgiving them ultimately even for not believeing in me (I did give them inquisitive logical minds, after all.)

Placed with these choices, you as God, what would you do?
I do not understand how a God that is supposed to be infinitely more forgiving and just than we are could choose the first option, making him seem like some big annoying unfair trickster.

Everything I say here is not against God. It is against the hell. Anyone who believes in hell out there, consider this, and consider what's more to come on my inquisitive posts to the ending of these world religions that separate the human race and do not unite it.

OK I'm convinced, I'm going out to KILL, RAPE, MOLEST CHILDREN, STEAL, CURSE GOD, NOT ACCEPT JESUS AS MY SAVIOR, There is no Satan, Devil/Devil's, Beelzebub, Lucifer. I'm in good shape. I have nothing to worry about I'll just end up in Heaven "THERE IS NO HELL"

So the only thing stopping people from murdering, raping and stealing is the fear of Hell?
I never knew we lived on such a knife-edge.
I'll have to hide from all my atheist friends now knowing that they will kill me because there is no Hell.

Don't be silly, I doubt that everybody in the world refrains from killing only because they will be punished for it, they refrain from killing because they don't want to kill.

I know I'd much rather share a lift with somebody who doesn't want to kill and doesn't believe in Hell than someone who does want to kill and DOES believe in Hell.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Imzadi
I am a "walk-in". I walked into this body after having been a dead "Grey". I was PUT into this body.

Would you mind expanding on this statement a little further?

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join