It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hell is a pointless concept

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Ralph, your thread was to bash Christianity, and you feel it veered from that direction because a Christian who is knowledeable in his faith, rather than being merely a child with faith, spoke up.
What that knowledgeable Christian told you was that Hell was created not for humans, but for Satan and his followers. When Satan tricked Eve, who in turn dragged Adam, into biting the forbidden fruit, mankind rebelled as well. God gave His only Son to pay the price for our transgression, so that we do not have to go to Hell, the place created not for us but for Satan and his.
All you have to do is accept the gift from the God who not only created you, but created the path to Heaven for you. Its up to you to take that gift. You can find any stupid excuse you want to, but the choice is yours.
You say you turned from the religion, so you must have a little more knowledge of it than you show right now. Therefore, I'd say you know enough to know of the Gift from God to you. Don't blame anyone else, take it or leave it, it is all up to you. But remember, if we are right and you chose wrong, the words that you read in this thread from Netty will blaze in your mind forever, as the Bible tells us that Hell is also a place of memories. You will remember everytime soeone tried to tell you the truth and you wouldn't have any part of it.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:28 PM
link   
So who inhabits hell then? cos you guys seem to be saying humans dont.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
Ralph, your thread was to bash Christianity, and you feel it veered from that direction because a Christian who is knowledeable in his faith, rather than being merely a child with faith, spoke up.
What that knowledgeable Christian told you was that Hell was created not for humans, but for Satan and his followers. When Satan tricked Eve, who in turn dragged Adam, into biting the forbidden fruit, mankind rebelled as well. God gave His only Son to pay the price for our transgression, so that we do not have to go to Hell, the place created not for us but for Satan and his.
All you have to do is accept the gift from the God who not only created you, but created the path to Heaven for you. Its up to you to take that gift. You can find any stupid excuse you want to, but the choice is yours.
You say you turned from the religion, so you must have a little more knowledge of it than you show right now. Therefore, I'd say you know enough to know of the Gift from God to you. Don't blame anyone else, take it or leave it, it is all up to you. But remember, if we are right and you chose wrong, the words that you read in this thread from Netty will blaze in your mind forever, as the Bible tells us that Hell is also a place of memories. You will remember everytime soeone tried to tell you the truth and you wouldn't have any part of it.

just because it was created for satan doesnt mean ppl who reject God cannot go there

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown

just because it was created for satan doesnt mean ppl who reject God cannot go there

If you reject God then you follow the satan.'

If you do the opposite then the oppisite will happen.

You cant be in the middle.

Its either God or satan.

And I choose God!

If you want to then go to hell.

Its warm there!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by drunk

I'm not saying that people will not find themselves in Hell, I'm saying that people do not have to go. God did all the work to keep us out, all we have to do is accept His Son as our savior, the Son that paid the legal price for our rebellion against the Creator.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:53 PM
link   
i think i was agreeing with you Russian. right?
sorry, i cam be a very confused person sometimes

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
i think i was agreeing with you Russian. right?
sorry, i cam be a very confused person sometimes

I just proved your point right just ones again!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   
Pinnaple, you are correct, and I agree with you that people will be there. The Book is clear that the way to Heaven is narrow, but the way to Hell wide. This goes in direct contradiction to the current multireligious garble, but it is true.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne

Originally posted by drunk

I'm not saying that people will not find themselves in Hell, I'm saying that people do not have to go. God did all the work to keep us out, all we have to do is accept His Son as our savior, the Son that paid the legal price for our rebellion against the Creator.

What do you mean "they do not have to go" when your dead your dead you have no say in where you go, if somone1 diess and relatives pray from him/her to go to heaven he may end up in hell .

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Drunk, the decision you make in your life determines where you go after you die. Praying for people after they have died is just wasting breath.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Netchicken
Drunk, the decision you make in your life determines where you go after you die. Praying for people after they have died is just wasting breath.

Of course it is wasting breath but even though you make a decision in life sometimes you end up where you dont wannabe.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Hell as a place? This is a concept given to children when they want answers. As for an actual place? Most likely no. Hell is when something terrible is around you, hell is when extreme pain is suffered, hell is bad. War. War is hell for many. Hell is what you think hell should be, so the concept is not useless. Hell is what you make it to be.

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Thats a nice idea web, but what brings it into reality as an actual event?

Certainly the bible is VERY sure about the physical reality of hell.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
You have all clearly misunderstood the attitude problem I was talking about.
Let me begin with what I observe from you guys.
You are continuosly trying to witness to me, telling me that God's path is layed out before and he's done all he can for me, you tell me I am ignorant and emotionally unstable, that I'm 'searching', and whatever.

Let me ask you a question, and this isn't to be rude, but every time I feel like I'm getting 'preached' to by people like you it seems appropriate to ask, do you know me?
I am not emotionally or spiritually troubled in any way.
I am not denying "clear truths", I am denying what I believe to be unclear false truths.
When I first let my Mother know that I was no longer a Christian, she asked, "what harm can it do being a Christian," seeing as I had already showed her the grand insecurities in it and she agreed with my views.

I responded by saying "you just don't need it." Besides a social aspect, feeling good about yourself and things you've done (which I can honestly say that I feel better about myself and everything w/o religion), what do you really need religion for?

Are you so Naive to claim that you hold the answers to a universe, which you've never even seem, ever even explored, and which millions of other shameful people on Earth are claiming their rights to. That is the other great problem I hold with that, especially because Christians try to witness it to everybody. If you're going to have a religion, I say keep it secret...

And I wouldn't think to find quote's like these from someone who claims to be a true Christian:

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Raph]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raph
You have all clearly misunderstood the attitude problem I was talking about.
Let me begin with what I observe from you guys.
You are continuosly trying to witness to me, telling me that God's path is layed out before and he's done all he can for me, you tell me I am ignorant and emotionally unstable, that I'm 'searching', and whatever.

Let me ask you a question, and this isn't to be rude, but every time I feel like I'm getting 'preached' to by people like you it seems appropriate to ask, do you know me?
I am not emotionally or spiritually troubled in any way.
I am not denying "clear truths", I am denying what I believe to be unclear false truths.
When I first let my Mother know that I was no longer a Christian, she asked, "what harm can it do being a Christian," seeing as I had already showed her the grand insecurities in it and she agreed with my views.

I responded by saying "you just don't need it." Besides a social aspect, feeling good about yourself and things you've done (which I can honestly say that I feel better about myself and everything w/o religion), what do you really need religion for?

Are you so Naive to claim that you hold the answers to a universe, which you've never even seem, ever even explored, and which millions of other shameful people on Earth are claiming their rights to. That is the other great problem I hold with that, especially because Christians try to witness it to everybody. If you're going to have a religion, I say keep it secret...

And I wouldn't think to find quote's like these from someone who claims to be a true Christian:

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Raph]

You include me this ?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Why would someone thrash the idea of Hell?

Cause they are afraid they are a good candidate for it?

Thus I destroy the idea of it and then it does not exist for me?

What frocking logic is this?

Whether there is hell or not if someone only does what they want then there must be consequences and since there is little justice on this earth then we need a heaven and hell!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Obviously Ralph you are a little sensitive on the topic of Christianity. If so why then do you bring it up?

How do you expect someone to answer your intial question, (if in fact you DID want someone to answer it for you, and you just wern't trolling or christian bashing,) without mentioning Christinaity?

Obviously you can't.

So if you REALLY wanted to find out or discuss the reality of Hell, and the philosopy behind it, then this is what you should expect to find.

Sorry if you are so disillusioned that we are going to talk about it in a Christian context (Considering its a christian concept is that suprising?).

If you don't want to hear about christianity, then you have 2 choices.

1) Don't post in this forum or read it
2) Don't post topics about christianity that you are not prepared, or capable of, debating and supporting.

If you expected me to remain silent on this topic and let you rant on, as I have on others of your threads, then sorry, I picked on this one to show you how much hot air you are generating

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Well, Net, you got me there. I guess I have to submit to that one. . .but, I do believe that hell might be a place, but where could it be? If it is a 'physical' reality, where would it be? Down in the fires of Earth like most people believe? I doubt that...its rock and magma and flame down there...If it is a physical place, what would be the most likely candidate for places??

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:27 PM
link   
A form of dimensionality.

The "cleaner" your spirit the higher you go, the "blacker" the lower.

The border between the 2 is the acceptance of Christ and what he did.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:30 PM
link   
Please, it's RAPH not RALPH

Maybe I'm not matching my answers up to your highest expectations. By the way, this is my first post.

No drunk I'm not including you I must've have done something by mistake.

Perhaps I did wrong by posting what I did because I was not expecting answers or debate, I mean, I was, but what I desired was agreement in the sight of the illological concept of hell (at least to me.)

My sensivity on Christianity is only that it greatly troubles and bothers me, and, being overwhelmed by no backup on this thread and too much to answer to, allow me to just state why I am not, and will not ever be, a Christian.

(By the way, Christ had great teachings, it is modern christianity I'm worried about)
Like I said before, a Christian claims the knowledge to the answer of the universe, and other people's lives. Seeing as no human is perfect, and unseen laws of the universe cause by necessity humans to be very unlike each other at times, some people are supposedly 'destined' for punishment while others for eternal bliss

Christianity also belives that if you make a choice to follow God (ignorantly, to fit in somewhere, to fill a 'gap' in your life, out of fear, or because it appears as a 'romantic' concept to you), by basically using none of the wonderful capability of the brain he has given you, you will be eternally rewarded. Even if at times you were a hypocrite, or you disobeyed the commandments, as long as you ask for forgiveness you're fine. Even though he used to forgive people for burning animals, he's upped the annie to actually having to privately ask for forgiveness. He also sets aside certain families that were descendants of his 'famous' people and reserves seats for them in heaven.

However, if you choose not to believe in him, which by all clues in this world seems to be a grand fairy tale that has been preserved over time, he loses grasp of you and you are sent into eternal suffering. This including Jewish people (the holocaust) and many countries of different religions who have never had the oppurtunity to hear of him where millions of people die horrible deaths of disease. They deserve to be punished too, right?

Also, let this God pick some of his greatest evangelists to be scams, crooks, and perverts. And let's go along and create many other feasible religions in the world, but magically hope that you will choose this one.

On top of all this, let this God's first followers, believers and preachers continue to fight constantly for the next, hmm, forever? (the holy land area.)

Ladies and gentleman, I'm tired of this and I feel like an idiot. I want this organized religion gone, and there's nothing I can do about it. So I come here and write, but it makes no difference. Don't even feel inclined to respond to this, because of ATS is feeling like a place I am just about to leave.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join