It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Whats for real?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 09:48 AM
link   
My brother came home from working at a construction of an extension to a medical research facility in south Australia.

I was standing in the front yard when he arrived and he told me about what had happened at the research facility that day.

He was working alone at preparing scaffolds before the other workers could start work on the construction.

He heard yelling and shouting and he saw two medical personnel chasing a small dark humanoid creature towards him.

The researchers yelled to him to stop the creature but it slipped past him.

He ran after it with the people and it went into an open doorway of a room. He followed after it and found it sitting in a squatting position on a shelf above a fireplace.

It's shoulders were heaving up and down as it puffed and panted.

It was about 3 feet tall, it had sharp pointed teeth, and an expression of a bat, although completely human-like.

The scientists threw a net around it and all of the men carried it back to a room, where there was an identical creature in an arched shaped wire cage.

That's all I remember from what he told me that day many many years ago.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
it would be dissapointing if Bigfoot was the only cryptid that existed. So we are all sure on Bigfoot and Chupacubra, right?
Lets under the sea.
I think some sort of Giant squid must be there somewhere.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Aztec, can you match that description to any cryptid you know?

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Monk
it would be dissapointing if Bigfoot was the only cryptid that existed. So we are all sure on Bigfoot and Chupacubra, right?
Lets under the sea.

We know the Giant Squid exsists, so it's no longer a cryptoid.

There are so many things that just cannot be explained away and so many things we dont understand that I dont think anyone can say one way or the other whats real and what isn't.
However, IMO, the most likely to exsist are Bigfoot and something living in the ocean or large body of water.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Giant Manta rays? ( i think i spelt that wrong) you know what i mean, i have a photo of mean standing next to a giant manta ray. Small, but believeable.

ID

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Monk, just searched for giant mantas and they are very real. Here is one site with pictures of them.

www.oceanlight.com...

And I also found another site talking briefly about them.

Quote from the site:
"This ray can achieve a maximum disc width of 29.5 feet (9 m), with an average width of about 22 feet (6.7m). The largest specimens of the manta weigh up to 3,000 pounds (1350 kg). Estimated life span for these giants is approximately 20 years."

www.flmnh.ufl.edu...

And just like that cryptozoology becomes fact!

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Aztec, can you match that description to any cryptid you know?

No I don't have a match for it. Unless it is some kind of strange elf-type creature?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Lets under the sea.

A friend told me that he stayed on an island somewhere and one day a man went swimming alone in a lagoon and didn't return. Later the people found his body and it had been sucked dry of all its guts by a giant octopuss

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:52 AM
link   
This is all great! So we are sure that some cryptids are of course hostile.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:01 AM
link   
I suspect that the majority of Lake Monsters are really old really big Sturgeon.

There are probably either a heretofore unindentified species of Large eel, archival whale (zeuglodon), and enormous cephalopoda (probably an Octopus, maybe another couple of big squid).

We'll find more when we find a way to record images in the pitch black of the deep without light, and infrared won't cut it either.

The Thunderbirds are probably off course Andean or California Condors. I truly doubt there are any Teratorns left.

There is most likely another large terrestrial lizard Komodo sized or larger in the Aussie outback.

Nessie(s) is either a visiting seal and/or a unknown amphibian of unusual size, and a Sturgeon. Pleisiosaur is right out.

there is probably several unknown hominids/apes in existence. Bigfoot/Sasquatch, NAPE, Ama (which is likely vestigal populations of Neanderthal), etc.

What's not a Cryptid are Cats. The UK has them stop calling them a cryptid. We know where they came from, we just don't know how many there are.

The verdict is still out on Chupa though...I know when I've drank tequila in appropriate quantities I've seen funny things too.

hrxll

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
The more we post, the more evidence we seem to collect. Remember i have now started a Cryptozoology Research Group on ATS, and if you want to join please U2U me and i will update you.

Thunderbirds? Definatly some sort of eagle. Eagles can have massive wingspans. there was a man who was suddenly covered in the darkness of a shadow, when he looked up he saw a massive bird flying over him.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join