posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:07 PM
Originally posted by Dreamstone
How did Bush act like an ass again? I missed that part. I thought the issue was the helicopter. It seems that our POTUS has only to exist and he is
promptly attcked. Kind of sad that you guys have so few other issues that you can only jump on that.
But then again, Colonel has never been noted for his willingness to keep a topic from degenerating into random crap.
Nice going *mod*
Look, ass, you're little sideway disses don't contribute # and so far, the only thing your being known for now is being one of my little groupie
bitches that diss my forum but just "happen" to show up everytime I post in it.
Now, to your point: Bush acted like an ass:
1) Two jumbo jets, two liveried presidential helicopters, four more US Navy helicopters, a motorcade of limousines, 200 US secret service agents and
1300 English police were required to unite Mr Bush safely with his fish and mushy peas. Total cost? £1 million ($2.3 million).
Not all heads of state choose to travel in such style.
2) The issue of immunity is one of a series of extraordinary US demands turned down by Ministers and Downing Street during preparations for the Bush
visit. These included the closure of the Tube network, the use of US air force planes and helicopters and the shipping in of battlefield weaponry to
use against rioters.
3) Demands for the US air force to patrol above London with fighter aircraft and Black Hawk helicopters have also been turned down.
4) The Americans had also wanted to travel with a piece of military hardware called a 'mini-gun', which usually forms part of the mobile armoury in
the presidential cavalcade. It is fired from a tank and can kill dozens of people.
5) Home Secretary David Blunkett has refused to grant diplomatic immunity to armed American special agents and snipers travelling to Britain as part
of President Bush's entourage this week.