It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Disappearing Thread???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:36 AM
link   
That's weird, on the home page I saw a thread titled "I am leaving ATS" yet when I went to Todays Posts it was gone. What's all that about?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There has been an update of the Terms.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

link   
says not permitted to view

link   
Goodbye threads get deleted.

Not a policy i like, but thats not my decision.

Lucifer will be missed anyway

xn

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
hmm, maybe a mod took it out.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
weird yeah, i just psted there..but its gone..dont like it neither :]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:46 AM
link   
*gets inspired by georgians and starts a silent protest to repeal the no-goodbye rule*

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Clause 13 is the one to look at in this case.This has been policy for a while but now it's clear in the terms.

The problem is that people are always saying goodbye and then coming back.Send a u2u to your friends if you are leaving.

By using this message board, you agree to the following:

1.) You will not post any material that is knowingly false, misleading, or inaccurate.

2.) You will not behave in an abusive and/or hateful manner, and will not harass, threaten, nor attack anyone.

3.) You will not post links to images or use avatars and signatures that are offensive, abusive, distruptive and/or hateful.

4.) You will not use profanity in our forums, and will neither post with language or content that is obscene, sexually oriented, or sexually suggestive nor link to sites that contain such content. This applies to material posted to collaborative fiction and member short story forums.

5.) You will not to impersonate any person or entity, forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any posting, nor collect or store personal data about other users.

6.) You will not post any copyrighted material, material belonging to another person, nor link to any copyrighted material (with the exception of publicly available sites and pages that the legal owners of the copyrights have created to make that material freely available to the general public), unless that copyright is owned by you or by this website.

7.) You will not copy material from these discussion forums, to post on other websites, quote in offline research, or any other publication without my (Simon Gray) permission.

8.) This is not a personal publishing forum. You will not post long material (over 500 words) that pre-exists on the Internet without prior permission from me (Simon Gray).

9.) You will not advertise or promote other discussion boards on ATS without prior written permission from me (Simon Gray). You will not use ATS to bash other boards or engage in so-called "board wars".

10.) You will not use these Forums for the purposes of sharing or distributing viruses, licenses, registration information, software keys, "cracks," or other information designed to do harm to or allow unlawful access to any computer hardware, software, networks, or any other systems.

11.) You will not post advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations, all of which are inappropriate and prohibited by this website. You will not, furthermore, collect personal information about forum members for the purpose of sending them any such advertisements, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or solicitations through other means (email, messaging programs, etc.).

12.) You agree not to cultivate the membership of the AboveTopSecret.com discussion board for the sending of private messages (board U2U or e-mail) for the purposes of marketing, mass mailing, or recruitment for other groups (offline or online) such as activist groups or other online discussion board websites.

13.) You will not post messages that are clearly outside of the stated topic of any forums nor disrupt a forum by deliberately posting repeated irrelevant messages or copies of identical messages (also known as "flooding"). You will also not create threads or post messages announcing your departure from the board unless approved by me.

14.) You will not attempt to access any protected sections of the message board, nor make use of any hacks, cracks, bug exploits, etc. to bypass or modify the features of the forum software.

15.) You will, if asked by myself or a moderator, cease posting any content, and/or links to content, deemed offensive, objectionable, or in poor taste by the representatives of the message board.

16.) At all times, you remain solely responsible for anything found within your posts and agree to indemnify and hold AboveTopSecret.com, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys' fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of any material you submit, post to or transmit through the message board, your use of the message board, your connection to the message board, your violation of these terms and conditions , or your violation of the rights of another. By posting on this message board, you grant me non-exclusive rights to publish your posts in digital form in perpetuity.

17.) This website does not and cannot review all of the content of every message posted and does not accept responsibility for the contents of any messages. We reserve the right to delete any message and/or restrict posting rights on the message board for any reason whatsoever. Should you continue to post messages that violate the rules of the message board, your account may be terminated, your access to the message board may be banned, and your service provider(s) may be contacted about your behavior. Furthermore, AboveTopSecret.com expressly reserves the rights under the law to take any other actions deemed necessary.

18.) As the main representative (founder, owner, webmaster) of AboveTopSecret.com also reserves the right to disclose personal information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to conform to the law or comply with a legal process served on myself or the AboveTopSecret.com website, protect and defend the rights or property of the AboveTopSecret.com website, or visitors to AboveTopSecret.com, identify persons who may be violating the law, the legal notice, or the rights of third parties, and cooperate with the investigations of purported unlawful activities.

Violation of any aspect of the Terms and Conditions of use are subject to our Actions for general abuse and violations. Or, in extreme cases, immediate banning of your username and IP from the discussion board. In all disputes, the decisions of myself and administrative staff are final.

Lastly, and most important, this is a privately owned discussion board community. The administration and senior moderator staff reserve the right to take action against any member who is deemed to be devoted purely to disruption. This action may include complete banning of your username and IP address.

new topics

top topics

join