It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

imagine if someone would prove there is no God heaven and hell

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I see it now company would make money off of freezing people until they came up with a cure for whatever they had

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Saiyan]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   
It's impossible to prove something doesn't exist, if it never existed. Can you prove that there's no Santa? How would you go about this task? Would you start at the North Pole? Or would you just take the testimony of people to be your proof?
Let's say there was a Santa, and he died. I say he came back to life, although there's absolutely nothing to support this, except my testimony, and the testimony of all the people who believed me. Would you believe me? Keep in mind, you must have unwavering faith in Santa. How many kids do you think would buy it?

[Edited on 11-24-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Religion was one of man's greatest accomplishments. It gave us morals a sense of direction a sense that if we lived a good life believed in Jesus etc there would be an afterlife. To bad it�s also going to be its downfall. As a society we are not ready for the truth about how religion actually came about. For now it�s best to let the simple minded be happy living there life for Jesus and believing everything that can�t be explained is gods work a miracle. I use to hear it everyday Sunday in church people thanking God for our strong leader George W. Bush it�s really just a way for them to deal with the facts they have lost there job or know someone who has a son or daughter killed in Iraq. Christianity has changed even 10 years ago we didn�t love the Jews now we do love them. We questioned people who said they where saved if they didn�t walk the walk now that has become taboo try and tell a Christian our president isn�t a Christian it�s borderline blasphemy to even question it that is why I don�t go to church anymore btw. The Christian ways I grew up in would never allow such a thing. The dogma has changed so the religion is null and void. Most of the Bible is simply about doing what you master wants you to comply and obey and go to heaven which is still going on today. But really think where we would be without that fear of hell that is in the back of everyone�s mind simply because you heard about this place since you where a child. That�s why it is mans greatest accomplishment and also will cause through abuse its undoing.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I HIGHLY doubt any religion that is a major one, can be PROVEN to be fake. Most religions rely on FAITH, not PROVEN FACT. This means there is no certain way to disprove it. Think about it. . .faith is no proof, we don't have proof (aside from ancient findings and digs and the such)

Think about it...

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
not to even mentan most if not all relegions are based around the same old religion

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   
E, good point. And as someone said, religon is based on faith, not logic and facts.

Also, evolution has been proven. Hell, I've known it was true ever since I saw evidence of it. I don't believe in christianity for have never seen any proof. Anyways, proof of evolution? Dolphins. They went from land to sea and they have the #ing fossils to prove it! Wait, Helen is blind, so it's not proof, the fossils suppose to be older than 6,000 years old so that proves they were placed here by satan. Then fish, several specis of fish fossils have been found showing minor changes but in the en the fish today better than the one of the past. Then plants, the original Oriental Cherry tree had lots of fruits. But they were hit by a bug infestation that nearly wiped them out. The main thing that attracted the insects were the rich ripe fruit. So after about 200 years, no more fruit on the Oriental Cherry. Well, not as many or as big. Nowadays in the US they have none due to forced evolution by scientists to breed out berries so now they have none whatsoever.

I know, that science and facts and logic and proof. Religon can't have that now can they? People might think for themselves. Well, Mono religons anyways. Notice that? Poly religons have freedom of choice, male and female gods, and of course older than christianity. Christianity has a male god, be a mindless sheep or I kill you, and of course 80,000,000,000,000 stupid rules after the first ten rules they stole from the Jews that they killed for a few hundred years to clean the planet of them.

Why the christian cross the road? Because god told him to, if he didn't god would rain down fire on his home town and kill everyone.

Why did the athiest cross the road? To get to the strip club across the street!

Also, saying that if god was disproven people wold kill each other. Damn, ou mean a church is the Manson family convention? You mean the little old lady is actually the next Ted Bundy but doesn't kill because she fears god? Wow, you christians are twisted if you need a god to tell you not to kill. Sad, athiests don't need that, they know that killing is wrong. Christians don't kill just because of god. PEOPLE! WARNING! DO NOT SHOW SCIENCE/FACTS/PROOF/LOGIC TO A CHRISTIAN< HE WILL REALIZE THE TRUTH AND GO ON A MURDER SPREE!

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Why, in "What if..." posts, do people still answer with stuff like, "It couldn't happen"? Isn't the purpose of asking "what if" to ponder a hypothetical scenario? Theorizing about things like "What if God were to decide not to exist, could It?" is how we learn and solidify our beliefs.

I think that if they were to prove that God, Heaven, and Hell don't exist, people would react 1 of 2 ways. The stedfastly religious would simply deny the proof and go on believing what they believe. The church would teach that the proof was fabricated and would not suffer too much, though it would take a hit, I'm sure.
The rest of those who previously believed, would suffer through a period of confusion and depression, since they would now lack a sense of direction. Eventually, they would level back out and life would proceed as usual.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 05:00 PM
link   
If one had proof that God, heaven, Sheol, Satan, etc. didn't exist, do you really think anyone would belive him.

Not a whole lot of people belive those that say they have proof that God, etc. do exist.

When dealing with matters of faith, Proof is rather a moot point, as the very nature of faith is "the evidence of things not seen."

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

imagine if someone would prove there is no God heaven and hell

IMO it would be a total chaos!

there would be no more "if"

people would be shooting each other, damn i have to shoot at least 18 man

Total Chaos?
Did you miss out on WW1,WW2?
Its already almost total chaos in the world.
Deep

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 05:24 AM
link   
If one bothers to look at the origins of the word "God", one would find that it found its way into the English language from the Old German - "Gotte" supposedly from the Latin "deus" - but actually from the Latin "Numen" which literally translates into the etherial presence that exists within all things.

This word "Gotte" was first used at the time of the split between the Catholic Church between Germany and Rome when there were 2 separate Popes - around 1390.

The root of the English "God" and German "Gotte" can be found in both the Aramaic and Sanskrit words "hub" and "emu".

The real root meaning of the word is "to sacrifice" or "to be a sacrifice to".

Sometimes I wonder why the necessity to either prove or disprove when all one has to do is look at the origin of the word - and so many of the terms used in today's spirituality emanate from the original Roman Religion with influence from the Ancient Greeks.

Religion - Latin "Re-ligere" means to "tie someone down" or "bind one back to something.

Interestingly, the opposite (antonym) to "re-ligere" is "re-laxare" - to stretch out, to widen to, to open to, to loosen, to set free ...

That's pretty good, isn't it - from the etymology (origin of words and their meanings), the opposite of religion is freedom ...

oh .. and before anyone wants to tell me that "Jesus said" .. firstly, Jesus never spoke English ...

and, just as an aside to show how Religion has corrupted, "sin" as used in the Bible cormes from the Ancient Aramaic - its originaly means "from the feminine" or "of woman" .. and there aren't too many children born who did not come out of a woman. Immersion in water (baptism) was merely what the midwives did to the new born.

Christopher Wynter
www.anunda.com...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join