It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"A funny thing happened on the way to the moon"

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
who

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:01 PM
link   
My movie arrived yesterday, I bought the DVD on Amazon last week. I have always been a firm believer in that we went to the moon, I even went to a benefit dinner and met Jack Schmitt, one of the men that walked on the moon during the apollo missions. After seeing this movie, I am amazed at the evidence that we didnt go there. I cant beleive it. Has anyone else seen this movie? Any thoughts?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
any evidence you can pull up can be disproved. its been going on like this since we landed on the moon. someone thinks they have the clincher bit of proof, only to be acknowledged, disproved, and ridiculed.

who

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   
There is "new" footage (I know, i never believe it when I hear that either) that includes a faint voice in the back telling the astronauts what to say and the fact that there is no burn on the surface of the moon from the engine underneath it. They were actually worried that it would burn a hole too deep to get out of. I dont know how to talk out of that one. Also, why on the way to the moon were they sending back much higher resolution color images the whole time, but when they got to the moon they didnt have anything but a crappy black and white camera? They bring up a few good points in that movie. They even explain how to make it look like you are in 1/6 the gravity of earth's, slow motion. In the movie they show exactly how to do it. It really opened my eyes.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Read over this website, and let me know if you find anything that's not already explained.

www.redzero.demon.co.uk...

Here's one answer....

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by Satyr]

who

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Thats a great site, much is explained there. Any explanation though for the view of the earth from there? There are no stars, and in the video they made it pretty obvious that it was taken from inside the space ship with all the lights turned out. I know it sounds crazy, but if you see the movie its much easier to understand.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
All of the questions sounded valid, until they were easily explained. I think that one is covered too.

Unfortunately, you got gypped on the DVD. I don't think there's anything that hasn't been explained, to my satisfaction anyway. I sat and read that whole site.

Info about Bart Sibrel...

[Edited on 11-23-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by who
My movie arrived yesterday, I bought the DVD on Amazon last week. I have always been a firm believer in that we went to the moon, I even went to a benefit dinner and met Jack Schmitt, one of the men that walked on the moon during the apollo missions. After seeing this movie, I am amazed at the evidence that we didnt go there. I cant beleive it. Has anyone else seen this movie? Any thoughts?

I heard about the Moon hoax as well and thought that perhaps Nasa was showing faked screen incase something like a meteor hit them of something really bad that they just didn't want the public to see.

I got the dvd as well and was blown away by the Astro nots staging a picture of ( half way to moon) Earth that they were saying had the camera up against the portal only to see it was on the other side of the compartment. Why stage or even attempt a false imagery when clearly they were still in orgit around Earth. This information along with what we now get out of our Goverment tends to only reinforce were being lied too. Nasa is no longer a civilian angency it was created to be and has been taken over by Cia, Nsa,Fbi or whoever and everything is censored before being published.
Did we go, I feel sure we sent probes to the moon and with that the ability to alter pictures with our Astro nots standing somewhere here on Earth and the background all Bleak being the robotic shoots we took with them being real lunar shoots. This has me wondering JFK and his desire to go not because it was easy, only to watch him fall with a bullet from those wishing him removed. His death has caused a split with the people and Goverment to this day, we just don't trust what they tell us do we!
Did we walk on the Moon, I'm still open on this one and will keep looking. This film has me wondering and I need to fill that void with truth.

Michael

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
im tired of arguing. yea we didnt go to the moon. no we dont have moon rocks. whatever. i dont care. keep telling yourself whatever you need to hear that gets you through the day.

who

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Its not an argumment. Its called a discussion. You know, "discussion board"? Complicated, I know. I was just looking for a friendly discussion. I am not set on either side, just interested in the evidence. And I didnt get ripped on the DVD, anyone who worries about $15 or $20 is in sad shape. I bought it to satisfy my curiousity.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:30 AM
link   
These might help satisfy. (Also they are free
)

www.badastronomy.com...

www.clavius.org...

Also you will find many hundreds of posts on this subject on this very board. Containing many and varied pieces of information and points of view, can be quite informing to have a browse back to see what others think on the subject.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by who

Nah... but I watched the original flights and Armstrong on the moon.

Just kick back, watch some REAL footage there, and look at the stuff that's going on -- things they could not have faked with the tech of that day, and some things we can't fake now. The astronauts are clearly in a new environment (you can see by their clumsiness) that took awhile getting used to. And there are thousands of links that take Sriebel apart.

The "never happened" bunch relies on your not knowing very much about science to make their claims work. Furthermore, they think that the scientists at NASA knew as little about science as the "never happened" bunch... and this isn't true.

Next thing you know, they'll be claiming we couldn't have done the math computations with slide rules. I'll get out my old slide rule when that happens (I taught competitive slide rule) and smack them over the head a few times. Maybe they'll get a clue.

who

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I apologize for not being extrememly clear in the first place about my thoughts. I have always believed that we went to the moon. I just like to see what others have to say about different topics of debate and after reading the ad for this movie decided to buy it. The only thing that really interests me about all the evidence, is the lack of a burn mark on the surface of the moon. Why is there no sign of the engine ever firing on the ground? BTW, thanks for the replies.

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by who]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Perhaps you should actually read the links?

I'm pretty sure all of them cover that point.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Since I'v came to ATS I'v seen a few post's on this, and to be completly honest I"M SHOCKED that people where actually doubting that we did land on the moon. I always thought that we have, but the eveidance from what I'v seen does make me think twice. I do know that the Gov't is full of #, but I always this topic was just about 100%.

I look forward to doing more research on this topic, and reading what everyone else has to say about it. I'm glad that I was brought to the "unknown"

Glan

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Don't you realize people will say anything to get you to believe it?

When disney land first started people claimed that the fountains poured out cola.

When pop-rocks came out people said if you drank it with soda you exploded!

When people land on the moon, now you say it was fake?

What will you believe next? What if I said I had complete and perfect, unscrutinizable evidence that our moon didn't really exist and that it's really just an optical illusion?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Perhaps you should actually read the links?

I'm pretty sure all of them cover that point.

Yep...

Here's another, from the horse's mouth, so to speak...

liftoff.msfc.nasa.gov...

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by eagle
What will you believe next? What if I said I had complete and perfect, unscrutinizable evidence that our moon didn't really exist and that it's really just an optical illusion?

I'd ask for the proof, and ask you to explain the tides.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:35 AM
link   
Everythings been an illusion since the middle of the Roman empire.
The Empire never ended....

You are all absolutely free

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I arrived in this thread while researching the Sibrel video A Funny Thing Happened On The Way To The Moon. For me there where 2 claims I had not heard before and I had to research further.

1. Van Allen Belts
2. The faked Apollo 11 video

The links provided by Kano (back in 2003) were really good and debunked most claims made by Sibrel, (including #1,
Van Allen Belts). The only claimed not address in any of these sites was the video of “Apollo 11 crew faking some footage of them in the craft on the way to the moon.”

Satyr got me in the right direction about #2 here, however I found it a bit heavy on the character bashing (2005 version at least) - so i continued by search. Finally I found this.

Here's the heart of it:

In order to provide 1969 TV viewers back on earth with the best possible view of our planet from space, it was necessary to eliminate the glaring reflected light and direct sunlight that was streaming into the spacecraft and interfering with the shot. The official Apollo 11 mission documentation from 1969 contains astronaut Michael Collins' own discussion of these lighting problems and the difficulties he experienced with the window shades in the Apollo spacecraft.

posted on Aug, 4 2005 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Give the unbelievers a break
consider that people havent changed as much as technology, early last century the thought of going to, let alone landing and walking on the surface of the moon, was thought of in much the same way as these folk think of it now, and as most think of the idea we didnt go, that its fantastic and simply stupid beyond words!
one accepts another does not, i say the earth is flat and one day im going to bungee jump off the edge!!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join