It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hacked

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I have a problem where someone is hacking into my computer through firewalls and antivirus because they are upset at one of my family members for quiting a online gaming club and i was wondering if anyone knew what legal action or pages can be referenced so i can stop this person or file charges against them

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by genesiss
I have a problem where someone is hacking into my computer through firewalls and antivirus because they are upset at one of my family members for quiting a online gaming club and i was wondering if anyone knew what legal action or pages can be referenced so i can stop this person or file charges against them

1:this belongs to BTS...or is it? depends who u r

2:dont file legal charges untill you're sure, you are likely to lose if you dont have sufficient evidence.
3: what do you mean hacking??

as in....a port probe? your firewall's squealing...? are you sure you have his IP address in hand? are you sure it's him you're talking about? how much damage has he done? how CAN he do any damage without specifically installing smthng on your system, eg: a trojan.
has he remotely connected to you and attempted to get through your passwords? assuming you have any...
hacking isnt the proper term, if this is the case

and lastly, why bother with suing this guy?? surely he hasnt delayed your email-checks that long!!
or are you a lawyer

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
just make sure the "hacker" isnt localhost or 127.0.0.1

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
do you have this persons IP? you can go here www.dslreports.com...

typ the ip in there, then u shouild beable to get the isp's email/phone report to them the IP and what ports there trying to us

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 06:58 PM
link   
If you have their IP, run a WhoIs and send an abuse report to their ISP.

top topics

join