It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Army's "Future Combat Systems" Program

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
This is probably going to turn into a 'database' of sorts dealing with the US Army's program called:
Future Combat Systems.

I'll start with this:
"Army Seeks Short-Term Payoff From Future Combat Systems"
Link:
www.nationaldefensemagazine.org...

"United Defense Unveils Thunderbolt 120mm Demonstrator: Thunderbolt Illustrates Rapid Integration of Devastating Firepower and Transformational Technologies into Existing Platforms"
Link:
www.uniteddefense.com...

"A Future Abrams Tank"
Link:
www.geocities.com...

"Diesel Tank Engines"
Link:
www.g2mil.com...

"Non-Line-of-Sight Cannon"
Link:
www.uniteddefense.com...

"United Defense Cannon Demonstrator Fires 6 Rounds Per Minute: Rate of Fire Confirms New Levels of Lethality Possible from 20-ton Manned Ground Vehicles"
Link:
www.uniteddefense.com...

"Future Combat Systems (FCS)"
Link:
www.globalsecurity.org...
(Very good site with links)

"DARPA/Army Collaborative Future Combat Systems
Demonstration Program"

Link:
www.darpa.mil...

"Future Combat Systems (FCS)"
Link:
www.fas.org...
(Also has good links)

"The Crewing and Configuration of the Future Main Battle Tank"
Link:
www.fas.org...

"ARMY'S FUTURE COMBAT SYSTEMS PASSES MAJOR MILESTONE "
Link:
www4.army.mil...

"Army and Boeing-SAIC LSI Team Selects Future Combat Systems Partners"
Link"
www.boeing.com...

If anyone has anything to add or comment on...feel free to do so.
Peace.

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
My mouth is really drooling...

Let's see, there's Land Warrior, Objective, Force XXI, the M1A2, Longbow Apache, Comanche, so much.

What's after that? Battlemechs?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Actually you are not that far off. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:52 AM
link   
explosive reactive armor now thats what Im talking about. that type of armor will be impervious to small arms fire. Boy o Boy.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Great article, i was glad to hear about the *new* crusader

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   
You need a giant suit, like a bomb suit and bullet proof, go into enemy grounds not caring who shoots at ya

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Does the word future 'do it for you'?

Seriously,

Words US Army and FUTURE arent anykinds of magic words..

Really..

But sadly it seems that this kind of BS sinks to you people like hot knife into butter..

Like the M1 gas-turbine thing..

Or new and future 'Thunderbolt'..

OMFG!!!!!

Nobody else than US Army hasnt ever had a Gas-turbine engine in a tank.. as EVERYBODY know that it eats even more insane ammounts of fuel that diesel engines does..

And this Thunderbolt thing..

Systems like that have been in-service in all other nations than US more than 20 years..
(Or at least many..)

Only future i see for US Army is more pics like these:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Does the word RUSSIA and FUTURE mean anything? I mean Russia = poor = no home = whine and complain = try to sound good. Russia is POOR and they lost to AFGANISTAN. After that they FELL. Now they t United States = Rich, Fat (Yes
) = dont brag = Secret Projects. Nuff said. TEAMGOD.NET loves you poverty russians.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Fulcrum....let me give you some advice buddy......
BACK OFF!
The articles I presented were to discuss the future plans that the US military was and is working. Fact beknown, this does not even cover half.
The point?
The point was for discussion not offense...comprehend?
You have a problem with the use of "FUTURE", take it up with the articles and the program names...if not....start your own thread on the FUTURE weapons, etc. of Finland?

Give me a break.......

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   
HAHAH FULCRUM GOT OWWWNED, Nice try but America still owns Russia.
Russians=poor=anorexia
USA=rich=CAN AFFORD FOOD LIKE PRIME RIB, STEAK, FILLET MIGNION= over weight

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Facts that matter..

Did you know that the USAF will have all its ground (aircraft support equipment) MADE IN FINLAND..

By Patria..

Also that modular vehicle system you posted some info here looks 100% like the PATRIAs AMV 8x8..

Also many of 'US' and Israeli high tech systems are actually designed and build in Finland..

In Israel everything that has SOLTAM or GALIL label in it is 100% Finnish..

And Valmet, BR-Tuote and Lapua supplies US SF and Secret service with ammo and silencers and Silenced weapons as you dont have the know how..

You check your facts..

And you back down with all this shyte..

Or are you just here trying to impress Jetsetter and other ignorants that actually think that US is even something..

Lets face it.. you have invented nothing.. all your inventions are German or Russian designs copied..

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Yes, I have a good friend who thinks Russia is the world dominate super power...it annoys the hell out of me. I mean, seriously..they are poor lol! In the future? The U.S. will still over power Russia because of better technology. Technology is definately an important factor.

-wD

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Hee, hee, hee, hee. But were are all right FULCRUM.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Russian, Why are you using a United States Plane Alias if we copy? Well, nukes? Spacecraft? Man, i cant lower myself to your level.

USA OWNS FULCRUM AND RUSSIAN

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laxpla
Russian, Why are you using a United States Plane Alias if we copy? Well, nukes? Spacecraft? Man, i cant lower myself to your level.

USA OWNS FULCRUM AND RUSSIAN

That is cause you cant SURFACE to my level..

Your level is sunk and lost in some dark corner of underworld..

And yes,

GERMANS BUILD AND DESIGNED NUKES FOR US.

Also GERMANS BUILD/DESIGNED THE ROCKETS FOR YOU TO PUT THE MAN INTO THE ORBIT AND INTO THE MOON..

Von Braun.. Same man that made V-2 Rockets for NAZIS..

And for my nick.. here..

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Here are a few of the concepts

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Wow, must i be stupid? Run ur mouse over the link, dont click? cool. But, umm.. USA created the spacecraft used today by GERMANS. Ever watch October Sky? Guess not ( True Story) . Germans DIDNT invent the nukes, USA did during WW2 (Einstein) (Jew) (Germany hated jews) Well, thats what you get for hating jews, your allies nuked and soon of you. I take it your german? WTF, you are foreign

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:07 PM
link   
Yes Fulcrum.....that may be fact but here's just a small 'tidbit' of fact for you to cypher through......
The "vaunted" Mig-29 is so "superior" that it can go "head-to-head" with a F-22 and win?

Please........
Try this:
"MiG-29s Battle F-15s Over Sardinia"
"November 22, 2003: Last September, at the NATO training base in Sardinia, German MiG-29s fought simulated air battles with Israeli F-15Is (similar to two seater U.S. F-15Es) and single seat F-15Ds. The agile MiG-29s, with their "see and shoot" helmet systems, fought the well trained Israeli pilots to a draw. The German MiG-29 pilots are probably the best to ever fly that type of aircraft, as the Germans get much more air time than any other nation using the MiG-29."

Lets apply this to Russian tanks also, shall we......

Whats the come back on this one......Israeli F-15's are made in Finland too? Maybe those Israeli pilots are trained in Russia for that matter?!

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by Seekerof]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 05:15 PM
link   
www.jsf.mi... I am about 90% sure that will destory the f22, anddd... whats that say? USA AND BRITIAN OWNS

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Happened to run across this site giving further detail and imagery of the Future Combat Systems:

"General Dynamics Land Systems: Future Combat Systems (FCS)"
Link:
www.gdls.com...
**Look under Programs--->MBT & AFV--->Future Combat Systems (FCS)**

Excerpt:

"The integrated design team of General Dynamics and United Defense has responsibility for manned ground vehicles before the Systems Development and Demonstration (SDD) phase, during SDD and in the Low Rate Initial Production phase. General Dynamics is leading the manned ground vehicle common design development with United Defense, Lead Systems Integrator and U.S. government participation. General Dynamics also has leadership of the Mounted Combat System [formerly the Line-of-Sight/Beyond-Line-of-Sight System], the Reconnaissance & Surveillance Vehicle, and the Command and Control Vehicle designs. Our teammate, United Defense, has leadership responsibility for the Infantry Carrier Vehicle, the FCS Recovery & Maintenance Vehicle, the Medical Vehicle, the Non-Line-of-Sight-Cannon, and the Non-Line-of-Sight-Mortar designs."

Pictures can be clicked for enlargement....very cool pics also.

This (The ThunderBolt) is part of this same program and is being designed by an affiliate company in conjunction with General Dynamics: (as previously mentioned in the initial post).

Source:
"United Defense Unveils Thunderbolt 120mm Demonstrator"
Link:
www.uniteddefense.com...

The ThunderBolt conception may have had a hand from this: M8 Armored Gun System: M8 "Buford", after Major General John Buford, US Cavalry, of Gettysburg fame.

regards
seekerof

[Edited on 25-1-2004 by Seekerof]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join