It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Who Builds Them?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
At its peak, the Nevada Test Site employed 250 miners, 5,000 people.

Today they keep it running with about 15 miners.

The real question: Where does the muck go? Muck is what miners call the rock removed from the ground, to create the tunnel.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:31 AM
link   
they might use it for gravel roads....

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
MONEY is a big incentive to keep your mouth shut. These things are done on very lucrative government contracts. By law workers doing construction on government projects have to be paid what is referred to as a DAVIS-BACON wage named after the bill that mandates it. When you bid on a government contract it specifies what that wage is for the work you are bidding on. I have bid on government painting contracts and the wage specified is always VERY SWEET. I know the wage for CONSTRUCTION far exceeds the one for PAINTING.

The pentagon pays sub contractors to build them.

There was a story about how concrete truck drivers were ordered to deliver truckloads of concrete to Greenbrier, Congresses former facility for days and days and days.

The most difffuclt part has to be driving the trucks out during excavation. Im sure thats probably done at night.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
Well the people who build these places really dont know the intentions of the government to ecactly what the uses of the these installations,so there really is not a whole lot the can talk about...

Indeed. And I think it'd be pretty safe to assume that when the contractors have finished, the structure is just pretty much a brand new empty concrete shell. Installation of any equipment/electronics/computers etc can all be done by the Govt's/Army's/Airforce's own personell.

Think on a smaller level. When a house gets built one bunch of guys will build the structure. Then they leave when that structure's complete, but it's just a brick and concrete shell. Then then electricians and plumbers come in and do their bit. Then finally the people that bought the house come in and decorate and add their own belongings. Now if you were to ask the original builder what's inside that house, he'll have no idea. So you go ask the Electricians. All they've seen is a brick shell which now has fitted electrics. So you ask the plumber. He's seen a brick shell with fitted electrics which now also has plumbing. Not one of them can tell you what colour the carpet is though. See?.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Its not all that complex. You use a bunch of different contractors. Each individual thinks they are only building one or two levels, they have no idea how deep they are underground or even where they are.

If you have a whole bunch of contractors, each one thinks they have helped build a decent sized nuclear missle silo, then they have nothing to tell except "i worked on a secret missile silo, i dont know where it is". If they dont suspect a conspiracy, they have nothing to tell and you dont have to bother keeping an eye on em.

I know that this is how tunnels and underground installations in some other countries were built. The locals suspected work was going on but had no concrete proof, so its just rumour. They know some kind of installation is there, but dont know where it is nor what it is (which is fine really, if a site is semi-secret it may be less suspect). Many of the workers were foreigners, so they didnt even know which country they were in let alone what they were working on.

So each individual worker has nothing to tell, you dont have to worry about information being leaked out.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
hmm I know that in the Chicago area a few years back there was a thing called " The deep tunnel system" made to diveret water in case of floods from the Des Plaines river I remember seeing the construction going who knows maybe thats a underground facility

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Miners dig underground structures. Miners are very intelligent and capable people, and an experienced miner knows many things and has many skills.

When an underground tunnel system is built, the miners stay on. Not a complete crew, but you need about a dozen. They have to do safety inspections daily, monitor the condition of the rock. Would you know what a 5000 PSI bolt looks like, how to tell if its indicating a problem?

For the safety of the stucture and the personell, you need to have people with the full package of skills that miners have. It wouldn't do for one person to recognize a problem, then have to chase another person down to solve it.

There is no way for underground structures to exist and operate without a crew of miners. Miners are, as a rule, Union and well paid.

Where underground structures exist, you have miners. Where you have miners, you have a miners union.

Miners need mining equipment. Vast, ungainly monstrosities that can't be confused with anything else.

These are three insurmountable obstacles: Miners, machinery and muck. You must have the first two, and dispose of the third, to maintain an underground structure.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:15 AM
link   
My thought is that they are told they are doing something different. Then they make in seem unimportant when it really is.

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup
What if you had no family. You hate your life. Or you come to know you are going to die soon, why not become famous before you die?

They would probably "weed" you out in the employment process, make you disapear if you talked (thus fulfilling your suicidal tendencies) or discredit you and make you look like a total moron like Bob Lazar...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join