join

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by davedan978

the future is bright, a tinge of red.

posted on Jul, 27 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Got Shaolin monks?

They're lethal, wise, compassionate, and spiritually realized.

IMO, no other individuals can compare. These are the elite's elite.

[edit on 27-7-2010 by seasoul]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 02:51 PM
link   
...and Shaolin are utterly untrained in actual fighting. Notwithstanding their historical roots, the Shalojn themselves acknowledge that their techniques are primarily for the purpose of body-assisted meditation.

Most of the theories regarding the effectivity of martial arts, especially the "traditional" or especially "lethal" ones are blown out of the water by watching a simple boxing match, or rather any competitive fight.

Just like in a real fight, the first rule of any sport fight is to uphold a defense; and if a boxer can dodge and parry the lightning jabs of his opponents, he can also dodge and parry any other secretive or stylized technique by sheer physical and mental capability - even the infamous "one-pinky death punches" of Hong Kong lore.

The own fighting technique and capability is absolutely secondary IF the defense is solid. That is why almost any of the standard hand to hand technique trained to soldiers is started with a defensive move.

In this context it is irrelevant that sport fights are hampered by caveats; the important thing is that in a square-off of sufficiently trained individuals, it becomes obvious that fights are won by a combination of luck, concentration and perseverance.

[edit on 28/7/2010 by Lonestar24]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Lonestar24

Kung Fu is still one of the most useful martial art in a combat situation IMO

Here you can see some KF ground fighting:

and Sanda, which in my opinion would whoop any MMA technique in a real fight

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
www.fightauthority.com...

here is a nice list of martial arts and their histories.

Having tended bar for years and seen real hand to hand street violence
nightly....ring styles don't do well against street styles.
Trust me: Ring fighters' own egos gets them as often as not.

One which comes to mind is Defendo which was developed for police and military action and is not seen in the ring.

Having worked with MPS who worked in the Bar I was a shift supervisor in, and who had adapted CORE Defendo with real experience and other martial arts...and who delt with many forms of combat on a nightly basis, I would give a high mark to Defendo as parcticed by soldiers and police
from the US and the commonwealth countries.

You will find the odd fighter in a style that is superlative ..but for traning the rank and file quikly and effectivly Defendo is very good.

Krav maga looks like it will work but it is very similar to defendo which is much older.

[edit on 28-7-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
the u.s. navy seals are the best at hand to hand fighting i think

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
As far as "Military training" strictly, I would have to say Israel. As far as over-all, If a whole country taught every soldier jiu-jitsu I don't think their would be an equal.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

Though I have to say Russian police, not military, are taught some seriously wicked stuff.

posted on Jul, 28 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamwalker74

It would be interesting to see a Israel military trainer go up against a Russian police trainer. Yeah, pretty sure I'd pay the $39.95 on pay per view to watch that one.

posted on Aug, 1 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Cyrus

I would venture to say that maybe that is true about the pain tolerance of a russian soldier being higher than that of a marine on average. A 10-15% ratio of people dying in russian training is acceptable.

posted on Aug, 3 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by America?
... A 10-15% ratio of people dying in russian training is acceptable.

This is utterly ridiculous.

There isnt anything more to say to validate a second line.

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I beat the guy who whopped Bas Ruttens trainers ass in jail.

Why y'all testin' my gangsta?
These bitches test my gangsta!
Why y'all testin' my gangsta?
These bitches test my gangsta!

I don't understand why people keep tryna test my gangsta?!

Fools get slapped in the face just for living!

posted on Aug, 4 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Many different fighting styles have their merits. In hand to hand combat you are fighting for your life. Much of the hard training is forgotten when the adrenaline kicks in. If the fight is not over within the first few seconds, it will normally go to ground and grappling takes over.

The base line is basically, who gets the first good strike or who can adapt the fastest, utilising what is available to use as a weapon. There are no rules, no styles no sport. There is only a winner and a loser. Do whatever you need to do to be the one that walks away. Punch, bite, claw, scrape, stab, bludgeon. It matters not. If you have some level of expertise, all the better, if not, remember that you are fighting for your life. Nothing else matters.

For my tupence, watch the Philipino SF and their knife fighting techniques.

posted on Aug, 8 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bryce_Prine
the u.s. navy seals are the best at hand to hand fighting i think

Based on....? Utter balderdash.

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Russian Krav Maga and Muay Thai are most likely the top two. However I saw a great video of some American squad (not like an army squad, they were a group of higher up special combatants) showing some of their training equipment etc.-

It made me feel real good to see our men practicing stealth neck breaks on dummies who mimic the actual amount of force neccesary

posted on Aug, 9 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Oh but surely the best fighters arent trained in groups like you are thinking/hoping for Fighting at a high level has little to do with a system of trained techniques. Its much more personal than that

posted on Sep, 20 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Ghurkhas of indian army..[Its an army regiment not special force as such]

special forces best in india would be

1]MARCOS[Indian navy]
2]NSG[recruits from police,army,paramilitary]
3]Paracomandos{indian army]
4]GARUD[IAF]

posted on Apr, 20 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   
www.commandokravmaga.com...

I've always believed the Israeli's to be the elite of the elite when it comes to hand to hand combat, with the Russians right up there.

posted on Apr, 21 2013 @ 12:29 AM
link   
Not a military event but many years ago in Thailand they brought known fighters from China, Japan, and Korea to fight in a big even in Bangkok.
The Biggest baddest 9 degree? kung-fu guy fought a retired Thai fighter who looked to be 35ish with a rice belly; again he had been retired for almost 10 years..... Not one of the import fighters lasted past the first round..Broken jaws or collar bones and one's arm was horribly broken by a Thai kick delivered to one Japanese fighters..

The Thai's use to wrap hemp rope around a pole and spend hours kicking the rope which ended up making their legs as hard as a steel bar. For their size at one time they were right up there as far as being tough SOBs... ..

Muay Thai is not the stuff you see in MMA or it was not back in the 70s yet even today many MMA fighters go to Thailand to train....again not military but to be honest I have seen a couple of bar girls kick the crap out of an English guy...

Are they the toughest on the planet no...But at one time if everyone fought with swords I would have bet on some of the Thai warriors of old being triumphant in any battle....King of Siam did not establish his kingdom by baking cookies...That was then and this is now so the only thing I would say is, "no matter how good someone thinks they are there is always someone better".

P.S. there is a story where 35,000 Thais killed 400,000 Chinese in a valley in Northern Laos after they revolted and won their freedom from the Chinese....Thai means free.......obviously I was not there but a hell of a story it was..

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lonestar24
...and Shaolin are utterly untrained in actual fighting. Notwithstanding their historical roots, the Shalojn themselves acknowledge that their techniques are primarily for the purpose of body-assisted meditation.

Most of the theories regarding the effectivity of martial arts, especially the "traditional" or especially "lethal" ones are blown out of the water by watching a simple boxing match, or rather any competitive fight.

Just like in a real fight, the first rule of any sport fight is to uphold a defense; and if a boxer can dodge and parry the lightning jabs of his opponents, he can also dodge and parry any other secretive or stylized technique by sheer physical and mental capability - even the infamous "one-pinky death punches" of Hong Kong lore.

The own fighting technique and capability is absolutely secondary IF the defense is solid. That is why almost any of the standard hand to hand technique trained to soldiers is started with a defensive move.

In this context it is irrelevant that sport fights are hampered by caveats; the important thing is that in a square-off of sufficiently trained individuals, it becomes obvious that fights are won by a combination of luck, concentration and perseverance.

[edit on 28/7/2010 by Lonestar24]

Dont know what planet you're from, but on this one, the shaolin monks developed a fighting style for self defence. Long story short. shaolin monks harden every part of their body for at least 3-5 hours every single day of their lives.
FFS you can't kick them in the balls or the neck..which are like the only vulnerable points on any other spetnaz/devgru/marine/etc type of soldier...on monks balls and neck are pain proof. it only leaves you to target the eyes. Good luck with that.
Give me one example of another type of person or group of persons on this planet that hardens their entire body like that. I think a 25-40 yo. shaolin monk would be untouchable by any other single opponent. They start training at age 5 or something like that. By 25 they are hard as nails, after that they improve fighting styles which are a lots of them to learn. A 80 y.o. monk may still be a deadly killing machine for all we know. they just don't pick fight, but would you risk getting hit by a fist that's been hitting solid wood and rocks for the last 75 years ?
edit on 10-5-2013 by Choice777 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join