It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawyers condemn 'sniper confession'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:07 AM
link   
qo, I see your point. Though I think placing them in a state that is most likely able to put them to death IS justice. These two people are cold blooded killers. The worst. Execution is justice for these guys, imho. (and again, I am not a big fan of the death penalty)

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:20 AM
link   
as an aside: you'd be happy to see a cold-blooded CIA operative put a bullet through saddam's skull though, wouldn't you? be careful of what you condemn. cold blooded killers are what make up the majority of the US and UK's special forces....

anyway, this is why i don't get the american justice system. in one area, the death penalty is 'justice'. in another, its not. surely justice should be universal?

taking that its not, why should one justice be chosen over another? can you justify why the "death penalty justice" is more applicable than the "life imprisonment justice" they could receive?

- qo.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 07:33 AM
link   
"These two people are cold blooded killers"

*Bangs head on table*

NO THEY'RE NOT!!!!!!!

they are ~accused~ of being cold blooded killers and one of them ~might~ have made a full confession that was accurate, and not coerced out of him while he was of sound body and mind, assuming that he's not just deluded and looking for attention.

Innocent until proven guilty is a fundemental part of our society and recently we've been happily forgetting that so long as the paper says the person "might" have been a terrorist or "is accused" of being a sniper.

thats one of the reasons why moveing the trial to a state that endorses the death penalty is ludicrous, it inferes guilt on two men who could well be the snipers or indeed could be a couple of local priests.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:24 AM
link   
How about we just send all of our death row inmates to Britain and you can pay the 50-60 THOUSAND dollars a year each to keep them in prison...

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:34 AM
link   
yes, or how about you stay on topic rather than throwing tired and weary old platiduous arguments into the mix and confusing the matter.

This thread isn't about gun control, the death penalty, or your deluded idea that 75% of the population owning guns some how makes you safe, its about the confession, its implications and the sniper trial.

comprende?

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:41 AM
link   
OK, I'm not sure about your courts but lets see here...

Found with the VERIFIED murder weapon...not good enough
Found with a stolen laptop that maps out locations of many of the shootings...nope still not enough
Witnesses placed him at shooting in Alabama....naaa they must be lying
Confession....Oh god no!!!! it just can't be true, he just wants attention

Damn man, what IS good enough proof for you?!?!?!?

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by Fry2]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:54 AM
link   
"Damn man, what IS good enough proof for you?!?!?!? "

easy. when he's been to trial and the jury has found him guilty or innocent then he's guilty or innocent. before that happens you can find a bazooka up his arse and a note written in nuns blood telling everyone that satan made him do it and HE'S STILL NOT THE KILLER!

its called the legal system, people seem to be far to eager these days to say people are guilty before people have been through it.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join