It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Swords

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:54 PM
link   
*grumbles* These ARE my student days.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
*grumbles* These ARE my student days.

Thought so m8.
Ah well, one day you'll be a real member of society. enjoy your student days while they last. Wish I could go back to them. Damn, I'm making myself seem ancient. I'm only 31!! - early mid-life crisis methinks

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Okay, enough farting around. Down to brass tacks:

What's everyone's favorite model/type of sword?

Pics are fun, you know...

DE

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
my favourite is the good old Katana.

The katana is the longer of the daisho. It is not just a weapon, but the soul of Bushi.
It is the most sophisticated form of the beauty of killing. The more beautiful it is, the more deadly sharpness it has.
The katana is distinguished from other swords from their extremely sharp edge and the slightly curved blade.
The beauty of a katana appears on its blade and edge. Its grace, form and grim beauty has been fascinating many warriors.
Muramasa ( swordmaker ) or Katanakaji ( swordsmiths ) are the craftsmen who forge swords ( not only katana but also wakizashi and other edged weapons ).
Forging katana is art rather than manufacture. They heat and hammer iron repeatedly with extreme keen sense.
A finished katana has stratified structure which makes extreme beauty when it is wetted.
The quality of a finished katana depends on various factors, such as a bit of impurities within raw iron, temperature of fire, water, etc.
Even a master swordsmith cannot maintain the good quality all the time.
Today, Japanese law prohibited people to have edged weapon, including the katana.
All edged katana must be registered with the government. However, Yakuza members still possess edged katana.
There are also replicas of katana, which has no edge. Such replicas are popular as interiors

www.geocities.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:32 PM
link   
sorry dont know the name but these are for the british collection

some beautaful swords.

Conan the Barbarian Sword

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   
my favorite would be a hand-and-a-half longsword. such as the glamdring replica i own (garbage blade etc i know, but i like it anyway) 52", end to end. admitted, a katana is probably the better weapon, but i like the hand-and-a-half better.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:46 PM
link   
A samurai sword, chinese sword, a broad sword, a short sword and nine daggers between 8-15 inches. My favorite though is my broad sword, " The Sword of Odin" , its here below.

www.martialartssupermarket.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal
got a nice katana which was given to me as a gift several years ago by a friend

But it can't be a HOZON katana, and specially a TAKUBETSU HOZON...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
I took an interest in swords about 12 years ago. I now own three.

One is a cheap knock-off katana. Very poor quality but good enough for practice. One is a replica of a US Cavalry saber -- a gift from my parents five years ago.

The third one is my baby though. It's patterned after the Immortal villain Kane's sword from Highlander III. That movie may not have been as good as the original, but I love my Dark Magic katana. I sleep with it by my bedside, propped up alongside my headboard. I pity the poor soul who tries to break into my apartment while I'm here.

It tasted blood before I even brought it home. The shop owner decided to polish the blade for me before I came back to pick it up. First and only time he's ever cut himself with a blade rom his shop from what he tells me. He still had it bandaged when I showed up. Needless to say, I'm very careful with it.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
here's an interesting looking sword you might like. Volkoth Battle Sword .. i wouldnt' want to run into anyone holding this thing

www.mwart.com...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Here's mine...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Gah! All you people and your fine swords make me sad and longing for mine. Oh well. Over the holidays, I'm going to try to pick one up.

DE

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire
here's an interesting looking sword you might like. Volkoth Battle Sword .. i wouldnt' want to run into anyone holding this thing

www.mwart.com...

A Klingon Battleth! (sp?) Sweet!

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny

I wish I had a Tokubetsu Hozon. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll be able to afford one

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

I wish I had a Tokubetsu Hozon. Maybe if I win the lottery I'll be able to afford one

If any of us hit the lottery, I think there would be a rapid expenditure on all manner of weapons and protection, along with a house built in the middle of nowhere, complete with a sealed bunker. Tell me that thought hasn't crossed your mind.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Seems we both have similar dreams...

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
actually, that thought has crossed my mind. we could build a kickass bunker in the middle of nowhere. t-1 internet hookup. the works.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheDemonHunter
If any of us hit the lottery, I think there would be a rapid expenditure on all manner of weapons and protection, along with a house built in the middle of nowhere, complete with a sealed bunker. Tell me that thought hasn't crossed your mind.

What a beautiful vision... The ATS forum posters would make an excellent army. We would sit in the nuclear vault and train while waiting for WW3. After the nuclear holocaust, we would set up our own NWO. yeah.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

What a beautiful vision... The ATS forum posters would make an excellent army. We would sit in the nuclear vault and train while waiting for WW3. After the nuclear holocaust, we would set up our own NWO. yeah.

Okay now that I caught my breath.....

We might not make a great army, but I know we'd keep busy. If I actually built a house, it would be more like the X-Mansion. Not necessarily as secure, of course, but I'm just crazy like that. If I hit the lottery though, I'd be eccentric instead. And eccentrics can do anything.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Not a whole lot of sword gurus in here. There are 3 different types of swords you can buy. Authentics, replicas, and reproductions. Reproduction are the very cheap wall mount types that can't cut butter and bend and break by just looking at them. Replicas are the most commonly found. They are made from around 440 steel give or take and can be honed for battle use. Authenticsare the ones you have to sell a kidney to be able to purches. Authentics are rare and are made by the Masters and are all custom jobs. Japan has the only two masters left and if they make a sword in Japan the Japanese government won't let the sword out of the country for it is declared a national treasure. I have spent the better part of my life studing Eishin-ryu Iaido. Japanese swordsmenship and have taught for few years now. I have had the honor and privalege to meet Master Koshen-san on of the two Japanese masters and puchesed a beautiful katana which he custom made for me for almost 10k in his US shop in California.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join