It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speling on thred sujbects...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:45 AM
link   
For God's sake people...I can understand if people make the odd typo, everyone does. But at least double check the spelling of the subject line and make sure they make sense.

I noticed a lot today which were pretty bad.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I just started a new thread in UFO forum and it only showed the first word of my subject. What happened to the rest???

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I couldn't tell you. Just go back and edit to add the extra words.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:49 AM
link   
I've been here for a while and just *assume* most know me well enough to bypass my typos from time to time, so I don't usually proof read or edit. I know a many of people who are so damn bright but cannot spell for #! I wouldn't hold it against them, unless ofcourse you can't even figure what the word(s) *are* Then there is a problem

*EDIT* just for you favorite greenkoolaid

[Edited on 11/22/03 by magestica]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Yeah, it's not a big deal. This thread just made me decide to say something.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Another point to make is that alot of members here might not spell or even speak english very well..? Many members here are from other countries.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:02 AM
link   
That is true, but I think the majority of the time that is not the reason.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
That is true, but I think the majority of the time that is not the reason.

Just curious..it just doesn't bother me is why I'm asking, unless again, if it's not legible. Which I have seen here, not spelling -wise per say though.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I totally agree, it's as if the board is mostly populated by lazy 16 year olds. I call it mong-cabbage spelling.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:10 AM
link   
Just a suggestion, but I am not a mod so it is not up to me to enforce rules or tell people how to post.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
I totally agree, it's as if the board is mostly populated by lazy 16 year olds. I call it mong-cabbage spelling.

Do we not want our future to be heard, even if they can't spell very well? The 16 year olds at ATS are our future, to do what we elders may not have time to do. I would listen and read and understand and educate them as best as we can..

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Indeed, if you have something of merit to say, then the inability to spell should not hold you back.

But sometimes it's as if the person has not read what he is submitting. This is the only thing that annoys me. I can overlook most of the mistakes, we all type too fast at times.

new topics

top topics

join