It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Concentration Camps, real or factious

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:51 AM
link   
DISCLAIMER: this is just my opinion. I am not accusing anyone or anything....got it? I'm not trying to sound paranoid either!

Okay...I have read almost every post on U.S. Concentration Camps here. And I must say...that some pictures look real and some don't. But how can you tell if they are something like a "Paint ball range" or an "abandoned training camp"?

I mean what if they're meant to look like those things? So people just passing by won't say "Hey look it is a Concentration Camp!" Heck! For all we know it could be disguised as a old drive in movie theater or hidden deep within a debunked Military base! With all these pictures floting you can never be quite sure!

But I must agree with some of you on...some pictures do look like people where just snaping pictures of old training camps. When comepared to the real WWII camps.

But I am still compelled by these camps. I do beleve that one day will be draged off to one in our area. But I guess we'll never know if the pictures where real or not until that day comes. But I don't like to make my judges on things until I get the facts first...

And what are the things to look for when looking for REAL Concentration Camps?

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:34 AM
link   
The US has real concentration camps. This has been in the news.

However some of them are left over from World War II. Some of these concentration camps are were Japanese Americans were internet but how many Germans were interned?
Sulu from Star Trek and Mr Miagi from the Karate Kids familes were interned in US concentration camps.

How many concentration camps does the US have? Is it 3 or 700? No one knows.

They Do exist.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
Ok, there are thousands of ATS members, we should at least have someone respected with a digital camera who can get some shots if these camps are so numerous.

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Ok, there are thousands of ATS members, we should at least have someone respected with a digital camera who can get some shots if these camps are so numerous.

oh so numerous but not always oh so visible?

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:34 PM
link   
They are very real..

www.cr.nps.gov...

www.nps.gov...

Feel Free to visit
Manzanar War Relocation Center
Address: Manzanar National Historic Site
P.O. Box 426
Independence, CA 93526-0426
Telephone: (760) 878-2932 Voice
(760) 878-2949 FAX Operating Hours, Seasons: Daylight hours: open all year. Climate, Recommended Clothing: Manzanar is located at 4,000 feet elevation at the eastern base of the Sierra Nevada. Summers are warm and sunny with periods of cool and windy weather. Winters are cold with moderate snowfall and brisk sunny days. Comfortable sports wear is appropriate in summer, but warm clothing should be carried in winter. Strong winds and blowing dust can occur anytime during the year. Sturdy walking shoes are advised. Directions: Manzanar is located just off of U.S. Highway 395, 12 miles north of Lone Pine, California. It is 5 miles south of Independence, California. Transportation: Located on California Highway 395, Manzanar is readily accessible by private automobile, van, or tour bus. There is a three mile long self-guided auto tour of the camp and a tour description/map is available at the camp entrance. Fees, Costs, Rates: There are no entrance fees at Manzanar.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:37 PM
link   
i will post pics from indianapolis in the future...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   
They do exist...in fact we had a discussion recently on how to locate them.

I (supposedly) have one about 30 miles from me. I'll see if I can sneak out there with my digital camera and locate it.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Some camps are designed to be temporay in nature and do not be confused by this.

Also consider the massive building of prisons and jails in recent years to hold people that for the most part are not serious criminals. In the end that could be a part of the plan too?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:12 PM
link   
OK so the US has concentration camps, but what about other countrys is it only confined to the USA? What about the UK?

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Canada has camps too. I know people that have seen them first hand.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:37 PM
link   
On the point of fences pointing inwards,

I work for a popular supermarket here in britain at on of its many warehouses. It has fences pointing inwards. the warehouse next to this is the same. a Few Yards down the road is mistibushi electronics, its a office building it too has fences pointing inwards. To assume that every place that has fences pointing inwards is a concentration camp, is stupid.

How to spot a "Concentration camp".

1. Guardtowers, tall structures with emplacements for weapons such as machine guns. A stadium would not make a very good camp as there is no where to cover prisoners with weapons to stop possible escape attempts.

2. Moats, deep moats, not nessacerily filled with water but with sides steep enough not to be able to climb out of. (also Barbwire/razorwire on the otherside of the moat)

3. Double Fencing, single fencing is easy to get thru with a pair of wire clippers, double fencing takes longer, thus giving guards time to capture the subject.

4. Armed Guards and/or with dogs, this explains itself. Dogs being used to track the scent of any escapee, or alert the handler to some neferious activity.

5. Main gate followed by a secondry gate. double gates work well, while one is closed the other opens, makes it more difficult for someone to "run the gauntlet".

6.Huts with door shutters and window shutters, bars.

7. A barracks or guardroom for the guards.

8.Solitary confinement rooms.

9.Garage for transport of prisoners.

10.Railway sidings, with boxcars.

If you find all of these at a site you can safely say that this is a Con Camp, it could also be a prisoner of war camp. Such a place with one or more of these things missing, does not make a very good camp even if it is guarded by armed personnel, when people are couped up the first thing they think of is escape and you can be guranteed theres someone intelligent enough to find a way out.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Very Real! In world war 2 the US kept Japanese and Japanese-Americans in interment camps. But before we be get too far into this thread let's remember one thing:

These camps had absolutly nothing to do with the Nazi death camps

The US camps were essentually a small town with a fence around it. Inside the fence, the Japanese-American went about there daily lives like ever other American.

Tim

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by ghost]

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 05:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
Very Real! In world war 2 the US kept Japanese and Japanese-Americans in interment camps. But before we be get too far into this thread let's remember one thing:

These camps had absolutly nothing to do with the Nazi death camps

The US camps were essentually a small town with a fence around it. Inside the fence, the Japanese-American went about there daily lives like ever other American.

Tim

[Edited on 12-12-2003 by ghost]

AND Nazi POW camps. There was a camp here in Oklahoma that housed German POWs.

There is no historical question to the existence and use of these camps during WWII. And many of these facilities probably still exist and are either vacant, or being used in another capacity. But I believe the original poster is implying they are being used NOW as concentration camps? Am I interpreting correctly?

Who would be held in these camps now? (This question is for the original poster.)

I don't believe there's any reason to think this, by the way.

posted on Dec, 12 2003 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect
The US has real concentration camps. This has been in the news.

even though I do believe we have concentration camps, you can't always believe whats in the news.

Peace,TSK

top topics

join