It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What fighter has the best radar?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:34 AM
link   
I was just wondering what fighter plane has the best radar. I am not too educated about these systems and I wanted to know what was the best. (The F/A-22 and such do count). Thanks.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by jetsetter
I was just wondering what fighter plane has the best radar. I am not too educated about these systems and I wanted to know what was the best. (The F/A-22 and such do count). Thanks.

damn now thats a hard one.

i will research some before i post anymore on this thread.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Radar serves many purposes. It can detect incoming missiles, friendly and enemy planes, land installations, etc...

I'm not too sure on which radar is the best in terms of power, but I do know fora fact that even with the most sophisticated rader system, it is prone to errors. Chaff and electronic counter measures are the most likely way to fool radar, but it doesn't work all the time.

To identify friendly planes from enemy, the plane's radar doesn't do the work itself. It's a part of a elaborate communications system involving all aircraft on the battlefield, AWACS, and land based radars and communication. The actual way to disinquish enemy from friendly is classified, accoring to a air force pilot who I interviewed, but it does involve AWACS.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:18 AM
link   
mig-31 has the most strongest fighter airdcraft radar

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:50 AM
link   
After reading the facts is seems like the F/A-22 has some of the best radar with its APG-77 unit. The Mig-31 was the first but not the best.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The rafale :

RBE2 electronic scanning radar:-
Developed by Thomson-CSF/DETEXIS, the RBE2 combines a brandnew concept with the expertise built up by this company on previous radars. The beam agility provided by the electronic scanning mode and a high-speed processor (2.7Ghz) give the RBE2 real simultaneous multimode capability. Functions include:

- Air-to-air: long-range detection and tracking of air targets, in look-down or look-up mode, and in all-weather and EM environments.

- Generation of 3D maps for terrain-following.

- Generation of 2D ground maps for navigation providing high-definition images, enabling the detection, identification and targeting of ground targets.

- Long range detection and targeting of sea targets.

Range : 100 Km
targetting (multimode) : 8 Targets max.

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

[Edited on 22-11-2003 by Nans DESMICHELS]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Seems like f-16 has a pretty good radar. Especially after being upgraded.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Thats a nice picture jetsetter
I would ahve thought B52's as of there expense to make *Shrugs* i dont know much about this.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
I'd have to go with what someone said above, the F-22, though it's not in use yet.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:23 PM
link   
F-22 is in use and has been currently assigned to a US Air Force unit.

F-22 with the APG-77
F-15E/K with the AESA

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:19 AM
link   
As far as strict air-to-air fighters I would have to say the F-14 Tomcat deserves that title hands down. I know the F-14 is old, but it's still the only plane I ever heard of that can track 24 individual target at the same time and engage any 8 of them simutainusly. If you can name another plane that has that listed as one of its PROVEN capibilities, I'm listening.

Tim

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by ghost
As far as strict air-to-air fighters I would have to say the F-14 Tomcat deserves that title hands down. I know the F-14 is old, but it's still the only plane I ever heard of that can track 24 individual target at the same time and engage any 8 of them simutainusly. If you can name another plane that has that listed as one of its PROVEN capibilities, I'm listening.

Tim

the MiG-31BM is capable of intercepting up to 24 targets simultaneously, a unit of MiG-31s can link their radars together, to establish a search pattern -- covering a width of 800-900 km with four aircraft, spaced at 200 km

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

Tim

the MiG-31BM is capable of intercepting up to 24 targets simultaneously, a unit of MiG-31s can link their radars together, to establish a search pattern -- covering a width of 800-900 km with four aircraft, spaced at 200 km

Wow!
:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Tim

Cant handle worth # though. And it weighs alot.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:47 AM
link   
jetsetter, this proves that you dont know # about aircraft except crappy propaganda

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by SectorGaza]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:59 AM
link   

mig-31 has the most strongest fighter airdcraft radar

How do you know this to be fact?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
That goes for anyone. How are we supposed to know what the most advanced radar system is on an aircraft. Unless you are an airforce pilot right now on active duty. That is top secret info.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:07 AM
link   

jetsetter, this proves that you dont know # about aircraft except crappy propaganda

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by SectorGaza]

It's not propaganda just look at it. It is so big and heavy it cant handle that great. That is a fact. It is made out of nickel steel and has a structural loading level of only 4.5g.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:09 AM
link   
The Mig-31 with its Zaslon S-800 radar can track 10 targets and engadge 4 at a time.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:13 AM
link   
im talking about mig-31BM

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join