It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to ponder.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Machines are predictable, we will prevail, do the unexpected!
I will not give up in the face of the machine!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
...secondly i resent that fact that u seem 2 think i feel sorry for my toaster there was no need 2 take that shot
(i do feel sorry for my toaster i mean the bread i put in it is crap )
thirdly thats exsactly how slave traders think about slaves thier tools 2 them

I really think it's funny that you say you resent being accused of feeling sorry for your toaster, then in the very next sentence you return to the same sentiment by comparing those who use tools to slave traders.

So she was right, you do feel sorry for your toaster!

Toasters Rights!

Free the Toasters!

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Look devilwasp, America is the only country capable of lasting long through a war of Attrition, you said it yourself, any other country would not last as long as America so therefore making America the winner.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
O ya and i dont feel sorry for my toaster- i dont have one(how sad).

Instead i have a microwave, but i feel sorry for my computer, i mean i use it almost 24/7 i hurt it when i hit it and yell at it for not working fast enough or deleting my unsaved work or even on its own restart itsself for no apparent reason even after it is shut off.

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:04 AM
link   
Technology is Just one facit of war but you all are forgetting war has a human factor to it as well. Think back to the Vietnam War, in that conflict the US had the technology advantage, but we lost the war. Technology is NOT (& Never will Be!) a substute for clear goals and objectives in a war. We still need to be careful about what we do, technology doesn't make us invincible. If we aren't careful we can still lose.

Tim
ATS Director of Counter-Ignorance

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Technology will certainly have its place...

But there will always be a place for 'wet work'...up close and personal...toe-to-toe...the basics of making your enemy bleed will never be eliminated...

posted on Mar, 15 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Ghost- *WHACK*

Dude technology is not an asset of war, you are completely wrong, technology is physical science, where as science is the study of earth and life and space, technology is part of science, it is what makes science real.

posted on Mar, 16 2004 @ 04:42 AM
link   
Just curious, about the geneva convention. Who puts rules on war, its war!!! If you order a 7.62x39 round from russia, it is a half jacket hollow point, yet its against jeneva convention, China, usa, japan, all have full jacket rounds, not russia. Didn't someone say watch out for russia, that they would become our friends just to stab us in the back?

posted on Mar, 17 2004 @ 03:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
O ya and i dont feel sorry for my toaster- i dont have one(how sad).

Instead i have a microwave, but i feel sorry for my computer, i mean i use it almost 24/7 i hurt it when i hit it and yell at it for not working fast enough or deleting my unsaved work or even on its own restart itsself for no apparent reason even after it is shut off.

Yeah, I know the feeling!

As for robotic intellignce, don't forget that quantum computing is just around the corner. Codes that would take until the end of the universe to break with regular semiconductor chip tech would be broken in mnutes. Want to increase your processing speed by 8x? Add another atom. So this adds a whole new dimension. Circuits designed by "evolution" - literally, machines that design themselves are already with us. I know there's one now being used in stereos that uses fewer components than its human-designed countepart.

So, what the future holds for AI combat units, nobody can really say.

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 09:29 PM
link   
I'Am confused as to the robot intelligence of N-5 from IRobot, I am not sure if that is real or just made for the movie personally.

I think that the N-5 was designed by other robots, there is a term for it that I have forgotten, I think it started with an A it was a term describing a robot designed and built by another robot-it would be pure...

Shattered OUT...

top topics

<< 1   >>

join