It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A question to ponder.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
If all the wars america has been in were mostly victories, then why did it cost so many lives? look at todays wars, see how advanced the military hardware is getting? am i the only one noticing this? i mean isnt the USA happy with the fact that noone in their right minds would fight them in an all out war? doesnt anyone think that we are preparing for something? we are getting overprotective and way too advanced, way too many secrets. what does the government know? are all the wars we've been in just training simulations for a stronger power lurking about in the very next corner of this rat race of life?
or am i just plum dumb? you decide. if anyone else notices this, then good im not the only one, but if you guys think that these wars were victories that they allowed for better technology, at what price? the price of our brethren in arms? its not fair way too many ppl die for an unseen cause. it must stop! no more secrets. plz this is just crazy. in other words, enter at your own risk. the truth is stronger than any man would want to know. ufos, secret biological attacks? its all something for ppl to blame, for ppl to substitute for something even more dangerous and more threatning-ourselves.
we will all die and that is what we are afraid of. war was created to take others as we go down. just something to deeply think about, no hasty remarks nothing negative just something to stop and actually notice. and think.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
i think there are no aleins exept resident aleins(green cards)

I also notice that wars is getting to advances.

soon you will see that there will be no more humans fighting

its going to be robots vs. robots.

PS i like this thread. you really posted some thing nice.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
i think there are no aleins exept resident aleins(green cards)

I also notice that wars is getting to advances.

soon you will see that there will be no more humans fighting

its going to be robots vs. robots.

PS i like this thread. you really posted some thing nice.

why thank you russian, and that was funny about green cards, as a matter of fact im a resident alien from europe
and yes i do have my green card

and the whole robot thing, whats the point of robot v robot? how whould you know who wins? wouldnt they all be hackable? and brought down at the same time? if it were robotsv humans it would make more sense but god forbid something like that happens we dont need a real life terminator

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
why thank you russian, and that was funny about green cards, as a matter of fact im a resident alien from europe

and the whole robot thing, whats the point of robot v robot? how whould you know who wins? wouldnt they all be hackable? and brought down at the same time? if it were robotsv humans it would make more sense but god forbid something like that happens we dont need a real life terminator

why robot vs robot?

I dont know but look at most new technology.

they are building UAV or Unmanned attack vechile.

all of this is comming to robot vs robot.

also they are trying to build subs that will be driven by computer and will not need a human to drive.

all i wish is that i will not live to such times.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies

why robot vs robot?

I dont know but look at most new technology.

they are building UAV or Unmanned attack vechile.

all of this is comming to robot vs robot.

also they are trying to build subs that will be driven by computer and will not need a human to drive.

all i wish is that i will not live to such times.

id hate to dissapoint you man but it is coming down to that, it appears that the US doesnt know how to stick to low tech for its own good, and man something will happen bad in this life time i mean, what happens if theres a computer virus affecting the machine? should we trust our own creations? i think everything should still be manned, the way i see robots being safely used is in far away solar systems in major ship battles so no thousands of crew are lost. its the only way i see robots being put to good use. and besides what would make them come back to earth if they have other races much closer to terrorize? then later on we counter the machines and clean up what they did
very nice tactic but highly flawed and unlikely

posted on Nov, 23 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
man this is very scary i mean its like ATS has been empty for days now i havent seen anything on any thread where i had posts on

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Just bringing back a past thread i made to see wut people currently have to say.

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:35 PM
link   
i think that computers are getting too advanced 2 quickly
i mean do we have the right to make robots to go fight and die for us ?

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Robots dont die.
Jeah!

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 08:25 PM
link   
No, it will be IMPOSSIBLE to hack into UAV. If it was possible, people would hack spirit. Even though spirit uses Java Language, its still impossible. Virii need to know the language and the commands of to control it. So viruses will never be able to get to it.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:15 AM
link   
nothing is impossible! its just improbable

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp

Huh? You're personifying a machine, where's the logic in that?
Thats like feeling sorry for your toaster because it has to toast bread.
Machines don't have feelings, wishes, desires, or hope. they are tools same as a shovel.
Perhaps many years or decades down the road some form of bio-AI may be developed but that is still fantasy at this point.
For now, keep putting bread in the toaster...

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Here. here, nicely said.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Hmm intelgurl posted something in one of my threads, nice.

But yeah you cant say that robots have feelings, but you know what for like an hour i read an entire 10000 word report on SKYNET in the Terminator.

Aparently, at first when the creators saw that it was thinking on its own right, they attempted to shut it down, but SKYNET was attempting to reason with them to see why they were plotting against it. It got very confused and continued to speak with its creators, but the human makers shut off the communications and sent in spec ops deep into the facility, SKYNET killed them all and somehow managed to get vocal cords(something like that) and the survivors inside the facility would here this eary laugh, SKYNET was laughing, it enjoyed seeing human carnage.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:16 PM
link   

...its going to be robots vs. robots...

Eventually it will be robot vs. robot. First it will be American robot vs. human opponent.

Still, I don't know if we would like war as much as we apparently do, without human casualties. It seems to be the point.

DeltaChaos

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Well I think that if it ever comes down to robot vs. robot the army should recruit the thousands of video game players across the country. Just tell them that they're playing some kind of really high tech game and have them go at it. It'd be like counterstrike but in real life. Half of the country would be able to man the robots, real life video games. There's no way this is going to happen, but it's a kinda neat thought.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Heres another thing to ponder about:

If this was a site with classified information on it, howcome nothing has been done to shut it down?

How can we be sure that all the information here was or is so important that this site is still running?

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
Wars are almost always about power.

Showing it off, gaining more, abusing for the fun, sending a message to someone else......

Also bear in mind a cowed and scared populace is an easier one to control and manipulate.

Some would say its about money but money is nothing in itself, but it supplies power to the owner.

Robots? You could argue a missile is already an unmanned drone, men used to guide torpedoes but not now.

I think you just mean better robots fighting our wars.

Also would the USA have left Vietnam if it had only been losing machines and not the lives of its own people the same applies many times over.

Anyway enough for now.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If there were ever a war of Attrition, America would win in the long run.

Robots would be in that type of war due to costs, but human lives are a different story, they are no expandable contrair to popular beliefe, each soilder has a life that is important, one can make all the difference.

posted on Mar, 14 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   
if there was a war of attrition america would NOT win u guys use up hundreds of tons of supplies in just a matter of days now you guys need imports so if u did have 1 then u would lose BUT u would hold out for a while
secondly i resent that fact that u seem 2 think i feel sorry for my toaster there was no need 2 take that shot
(i do feel sorry for my toaster i mean the bread i put in it is crap )
thirdly thats exsactly how slave traders think about slaves thier tools 2 them

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join