It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons have to be real

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 06:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by fattytheking
and how do we know that a fricking t-rex couldnt breathe fire? or any dinosaur for that matter.

And...

Maybe dragons are just faint memories passed on through our subconscious memory from the dinosaur era. I mean, lots of animals are born with instincts that help them survive.

LMAO, It makes no difference if t-rex could blow fire from its arse, humans were not around then to Have any subconcious racial memory of them in the first place!

Sorry guys, back to the drawing board!

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   
right... fire-breathing 50 foot wingspan dragons... they HAVE to be real... especially since it's possible to breath fire
and makes complete sense for a creature to... dont forgot how ignorant it is to think that animals can't have magical powers... study some biology you morons...

[edit on 4-12-2004 by serenitynow]

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
how would any animal breathe fire? now then, it would be possible for an animal to evolve a venom sack that spits a highly corrosive agent. and couldn't that have been mistaken for fire? but still, im saying dragons dont exist. people just found dino bones and made up magical stories about them because they didn't understand anything back in the dark ages.

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by satchbfoot
how would any animal breathe fire? now then, it would be possible for an animal to evolve a venom sack that spits a highly corrosive agent. and couldn't that have been mistaken for fire? but still, im saying dragons dont exist. people just found dino bones and made up magical stories about them because they didn't understand anything back in the dark ages.

did you not catch that my entire post was sarcastic?

posted on Dec, 4 2004 @ 09:45 PM
link   
u guys do know that they did find a dragon that was geneticaly made in germany like a year ago right?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Fantastic slipknot, lets see pics/info/link?

posted on Dec, 5 2004 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Flying reptile breathes fire! Sounds like Dark Ages leakage from a former Golden Age of Enlightenment that knew about Pterosaurs ('warm blooded' = 'hot breath', some were 'as large as an aeroplane').

PS- Unicorns are real, too. I've seen them. Remember, the legend says they all ran into the sea. Some Wiccans also made one by fusing the horns of a baby billy goat years ago.

[edit on 5-12-2004 by Chakotay]

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If there are ... I want a miniture ...
... a pet

*Z*

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by slipknot00102000
u guys do know that they did find a dragon that was geneticaly made in germany like a year ago right?

What in the world are you talking about?

posted on Dec, 7 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
That Dragon was a hoax. It was synthetic, but a good amount of detail went into making it.

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:26 AM
link   
In as much as dragons are concerned, has anyone considered that the fossilized remains may be located in the ocean? I have recently found some large slabs of rock with large arrays of fossilized Coral and oceanic life on hillsides in the Appalachian region on the Ohio/kentucky line. I feel that the earth experienced a violent trauma which caused a land/sea rift, whereas what was once ocean is now land,and vice versa. I feel that there is evidence of Ancient Civilizations and a huge fossil record lying upon the oceans floor. caused by a gigantic meteor strike, perhaps? Causing the earth to shift axis inclination, thereby, flooding land mass...?

posted on Dec, 12 2004 @ 06:42 AM
link   
To think of Dragons and other so called "Mythical Creatures" as being purely legend...one must also consider the fact that, not very long ago,the powers that be, thought the earth was flat, and automatically debunked any approach or thought to the contrary. Simply because of the propensity of humans to be self centered and self absorbed. Unwilling to accept the fact that there exists many things beyond our realm of comprehension due to the fact that we are so absorbed in every day "life" and place too much emhisis on solid proof. Whereas the clues are there,but overlooked or rejected.....What about the concept of space travel in 1700? Mention something as heretical as that and one would find themselves tied to a stake in the town square with a pile of wood at their feet and an over eager "official" lighting it up....I am 42 years of age...to look back and think that a format of this magnitude was even remotely possible to allow this sort of communication was even possible, in, sayyy, 1974...?

posted on Dec, 13 2004 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas_patriot
I feel that the earth experienced a violent trauma which caused a land/sea rift, whereas what was once ocean is now land,and vice versa.

It did experience this sort of thing, but as to it being violent or suddent, well, thats generally thought not to be what happened. THe appalachians are interesting too because they were formed in the Permian, I think, and were originally thought to be as 'jagged' as the Rockies, but have worn and eroded over the eons. But yes, parts of what once was the seafloor are now all over the place, atop mountains, in valleys, heck even pushed and buried deep underground.

I feel that there is evidence of Ancient Civilizations and a huge fossil record lying upon the oceans floor.

Depends on what you mean by that. Fossil record, most defintely and its explored. Aquatic Archaelogy is popular too and many cities were build on coasts that, in the short span of human history , have become buried by water or fallen into the oceans.

caused by a gigantic meteor strike, perhaps?

Why would a meteor strike do any of that? Plate Tectonics explains mountain building and the folding of rock layers and other processes like subsidence and such explain the shifting landscape. The whole of central north america, whats generally the missisippi rivers range (and much more) was in the time of the cretaceous a gigantic sea with lots of animals swimming in it. These fossisl of aquatic animals are found in dry, landlocked states like kansas now.

thought the earth was flat, and automatically debunked any approach or thought to the contrary

Thinking people back then realized that the earth was round and some, like demosthenes I beleive, demonstrated that it was and were able to make reasonable estimates of its circumfrence. They didn't do so by praying or using numerology or necromancy, they applied logical thought and experimented. Logically, something like dragons could physically exist, even fire breathing isn't so loony when one considers exploding beetles and the like. But to suggest that they existed for millenia, in large numbers all across the world and were observed all the time and fought, hunted, killed, infact that all of them were killed, but haven't left an y physical remains, well, thats just not reasonable.

this sort of communication was even possible, in, sayyy, 1974...?

I was under the impression that a few groups were working on something like the internet and such in those times?

[qote] Causing the earth to shift axis inclination, thereby, flooding land mass...?
if the earth were to flip upside down or something I think the least of anyone's problems woudl be the oceans sloshing around. Think about a car stopping short, or trying to change direction while moving very fast.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Can someone please post the date of the Dragon show Discovery Channels is releasing soon. I have already seen the commercial for it while watching Animal Planet, so I know that it will be on what of its affiliates. They produced it to look just like the Walking With Dinosaurs series. I'm looking forward to it, but wanted to make sure everyone posting here is aware of it as well. When someone gets the date/time/channel, please let us know.

posted on Dec, 15 2004 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by texas_patriot
To think of Dragons and other so called "Mythical Creatures" as being purely legend...one must also consider the fact that, not very long ago,the powers that be, thought the earth was flat, and automatically debunked any approach or thought to the contrary. Simply because of the propensity of humans to be self centered and self absorbed. Unwilling to accept the fact that there exists many things beyond our realm of comprehension due to the fact that we are so absorbed in every day "life" and place too much emhisis on solid proof. Whereas the clues are there,but overlooked or rejected.....What about the concept of space travel in 1700? Mention something as heretical as that and one would find themselves tied to a stake in the town square with a pile of wood at their feet and an over eager "official" lighting it up....I am 42 years of age...to look back and think that a format of this magnitude was even remotely possible to allow this sort of communication was even possible, in, sayyy, 1974...?

The "Powers that Be" believed that the Earth was flat in direct opposition to provable, empirical evidence. The modern people who believe or disbelieve in science are the descendents of TPTB, not the other way around.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 04:47 PM
link   
dragons me and my friend Douglas know just about everything about them well used we forgto all of our information when we started getting good at math making hundreds in it all the time anyway ya we look for creatures like dragons all the time we are a little wack but we believe in them because we have seen things flying in the sky plenty of times but couldn`t explain them.Text Pink

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:01 PM
link   
There was once a lizard in ancient history that resembled the famous dragon either with wings or small fore arms. This species was cursed after one particular being projected his voice from one particular dragon. The curse was to remove all of its limbs so it would have to move upon its belly for its entire existance. The curse was not just for this one dragon but it would be passed onto the entire species so it would be remebered.

Genesis 3:14

(Have you ever noticed that male Pythons have a pair of bird like talons near their lower sections.)

Its hard to say if they were ever fire breathing but maybe that's where Job perceived the fire breathing Leviathan. The venom spitting and fire spitting could be related some how.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:11 PM
link   
One word - symbolism.

posted on Dec, 24 2004 @ 06:43 PM
link   
While saying that dragons never have, and do not currently exist, would probably be accurate, that doesn't mean fire breathing lizards are impossible for nature to engineer. Pure sodium ignites and burns on contact with the air, so any lizard or snake capable of storing and excreeting sodium or any number of other combustible elements, could learn to breath fire. Also consider the possibility that at some point during the course of evolution, the device which allows an electric eel to shock it's prey makes itself apparent in an insect that sprays a highly corrossive and flamable liquid. That is just one of probably hundreds of ways that dragons could evolve.
I digress, but what bugs me the most about dragons as they're portrayed, is that their wings could never acheive takeoff, nevermind sustain flight. The more likely scenario would be some sort of land creature that found itself the lucky recepient of a mutation that would increase survivability. I can imagine it in some seabirds though. Have to get rid of lots of salt, they do..

posted on Dec, 25 2004 @ 02:32 AM
link   
My boyfriend claims this women he works with has a hybrid lizard from Japan that looks exactly like a dragon (minus the fire breathing). Now, I found it hard to believe when he told me this, but he told me she'll be more than happy to show me the dragon-like lizard and explain to me more about the backround of it. He vaguely described it, about 8 inches tall in height, it's a light brownish green color, feet like rabbits with small claws in which it can stand erect on it's hind legs, small wings (like bats, except smaller) directly on it's back. I'm skeptical about this and I think he's just pulling my leg, but he said he'll set up a time with the owner of it so I can view it. I will come back with pictures if they're allowed. Oh yeah, on another note, the woman claimed had hatched this creature herself, and the cage cannot go below a certain temperature or else it would die suddenly. Anybody else ever hear of such a thing?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join