It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons have to be real

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:07 AM
link   
I stay with Job and Ezekiel from the Bible, dragons were as I see it spacecrafts. Job gives a wonderfull describtion... it would explain the fire... also the bigness and the flying power... The first Egyptian Gods were also related to dragons...

Egyptians Gods related to dragons
Apep --- A great serpent or dragon of the underworld

Norse Gods
Fafnir Dragon god

Why call Gods dragons if dragons looked so much different then the Gods...

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
Reptilians perhaps?

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Dragons may have been used as a deterrent to keep children inside the house at night.
Human history is full of violence and the like.
Rape, kidnappings, murder, and countless atrocities are comitted these days....... Imagine living during a time when there were no police readily available and thieves and brigands could be no more than a stones throw away from your home waiting to rape, torture and than kill your family.
It would seem to me that a 40', scaled, lizard that breathes fire and hunted at night would have been a damn good reason to stay in the house if you believed it was real.

A few theories to explain no remains, perhaps if dragons did exist they ate their dead? Or perhaps the mechanism with which they breathed fire would cause them to spontaneously combust upon death? Or like the movie: Reign of Fire, dragons die out eventually from lack of food and a single male and a rookerie full of eggs is all that is left of their race, waiting for food levels to replenish themselves. Like it or not people, humans are a renewable resource!

posted on Jun, 13 2004 @ 08:30 PM
link   
There's a cartoon I remember from my childhood called 'Flight of Dragons' which attempts to offer an explanation for their flight/fire. It claims they ate limestone, which when digested produced gases (Oxygen or hydrogen I think. Assuming HCl as the stomach acid, would the chemistry not be 2HCl + 2CaCO2=H2 + 2CaCl + 2CO2, or is limestone CaCO3, I cant remember) which they retained to inflate, so that they could fly despite their cumbersome body mass. It also posits a gland in the roof of the mouth which produces an electrical spark, which enables them to ignite the gases to breathe fire. This was used to control landing, as well as in combat.
I believe that the cartoon was based on a book of the same title, and I recall seeing a documentary when I was about 8 (a long time ago) which discussed similar ideas. I think it was focussed on the same guy, as the protagonist is a scientist who gets drawn into a fantasy world and seems to be based on the author.
The documentary also suggested that the strength of the acids required for this reaction might have contributed to the destruction of their bones, preventing the discovery of remains. Kind of weakens the argument, I know, cause if it destroyed their bones, would it not have similarly scuppered their gizzards, but that is what I remember. Like I say, it was a long time ago, so I can't claim to have it spot on, but I just thought I'd throw it out there.

[edit on 13-6-2004 by Yog the Sloth]

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   

well, there is a beetle that can shoot boiling water and gas out of its ass as a defense mechanism. dragons dont seem that far fetched. they would just need two glands in the front of their mouth which produce a two chemicals that violently react (ie flame). exhale sharply while spitting reactive chemicals, youre 'breathing' fire.

Very "Reign of Fire"...an excellent, and overlooked dragon movie I might add... As some here know, I'm somewhat of a dragon afficianado....

I'm certainly more of the "putting dinos together" wrong and combining that with racial memories back when we were living in trees..

Look at the "cough cough" brontosaurus, hehe....

Anyhoo...I think the fire breathing is due to hot breath being described as "fiery" and leading to exaggeration... Such a large reptile would hardly need to develop fire breath to survive, hehe.....

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I believe Dragons existed, not in the fire breathing way, but as part of the dinosaur family. Another theory I have.... is if the Loch Ness Monster exist ..she, or he, is part of this Dragon family.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Dragons? I'd have to say No as there is no proof of it outside of creative art outlets (painting, pottery, fables). Dinosaurs are the reality, dragons the myth that grew around their remains.

It raises an odd question. If WWIII happened and our civilization had to start back at square one (and if the genetic deformity which creates midgets was wiped out), would we see midget bones as being leprechaun because of old fables?

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 02:17 PM
link   
Ok here's the deal, in Chinese history the people found fossilized remains of very large animals, mostly dinosaurs and other very big creatures and called them dragon bones.

In the bible, dragons refered to very very large crocs that used to inhabit Africa. Before modern human hunting decimated the populations crocs could, and possibly still do, grow quite large. The original European expiditions to Africa found crocs that would be upwards of 6 to 8 meters long.

The idea of dragons continued in Europe because of the Church's influence, and in China (and chinese influenced nations like Japan, Siam and Korea) because of stories and the continuing discovery of fossils.

The only "dragons" I believe ever existed are on the islands of the South Pacific and are actually just very large carnivorous lizards.

Blessed Be
~Astral

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
and how do we know that a fricking t-rex couldnt breathe fire? or any dinosaur for that matter.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I think dragons were unextinct dinosaurs back in medieval times. They dont exist now, however, at least IMO. And they were extremely rare back then.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by fattytheking
and how do we know that a fricking t-rex couldnt breathe fire? or any dinosaur for that matter.

In my book, a thing needs to be proven to exist to be within the perameters of reality. To clame that a thing exists because we simply have no proof of non-proof is not Proof, but rather deals with possibilities.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 05:34 PM
link   
id say dragons were at one point real, mostly lived in asia becauseall skeletons that have supposedly been found were in asia.most pics ar photoshopped or fake.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   
American Indians had tales of the great thunderbird, that would carry away small adult and children. Anthropologists and archeologists scoffed at this for hundreds of years.
The remains of a giant hawk, with a wingspan of over 20 feet was found in the mid west, this bird would have died out about 15,000 years ago, More or less.
IMagine a Fricking Hawk that could carry away people...Dragons dont seem so far fetched do they.

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Heres a link to the American indian story of the thunderbird,
its a good little story to read,

www.ilhawaii.net...

This is a legend of long, long ago times. Two Indians desired to find the origin of thunder. They travelled north and came to a high mountain. These mountains performed magically. They drew apart, back and forth, then closed together very quickly.

click link to read more

d1k

posted on Jun, 19 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Check this out. Real or fake?

www.metatech.org...

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
[...] they have screwed up putting dinosaurs back together (once they put the thumb on the nose of some lizzardy thing which I can't remember the name of).

It was an Iguanodon -

search.eb.com... (they've got quite a nice animation showing the difference).

There's a bit more here:
www.bbc.co.uk...
"Iguanodon bernissartensis
In 1878, nearly 40 skeletons of Iguanodons were found in a coal mine in Bernissart, Belgium, 26 of which were complete. Using these remains, Louis Dollo constructed Iguanodon as a kangaroo-like biped, a view that continued into the 1960s. He realised that Iguanodon's horned nose was an incorrect intepretation of a thumb spike."

-- and --

Originally posted by d1k
Check this out. Real or fake?

www.metatech.org...

Fake, I'd guess (despite really wishing otherwise) - but either way its stunningly beautiful. (imho, of course !).

[edit on 20-6-2004 by 0951]

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Dragons may have been very real indeed take for instance the Megalania ,(giant ripper lizard) of Australia. Body length 5.5 meters wieght 400kg This giant lizard lived along side humans in australia.I would consider this monster of a lizard a dragon if I ever came across one

posted on Jun, 20 2004 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser

Originally posted by Zzub
... but no fossilized remains. Hmmm....

Maybe the fossils are mistaken as dinosaur fossils, and the paleontologists are putting 'em together wrong !!!

According to most Scienctists this is impossible. I threw up this argument in my Advanced Placement Biology class. About Dinosaurs themselves. Well they use now a day animals that we can see how the bones go together after they die. And only certain bones can go together in certain ways. Also Certain bone structure give hints to what the bones were used for.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Dragons as far as my inspectagations conclude were indeed very real and very prevelant the were also intelegent and worshiped as gods the egyptians worshiped and builded with these beings as well as myans and others many aincent stories coroborate, (getting more specific) the bible tells of the fallen angels and their offspring the following is a link dealing directly with the "Draco" which are draconians who could #1. yes, fly #2 breathe or "spit fire" obviously enough to set entire viliges on fire #3. cary off children and women in to the clouds, or their mountain to leirs well enough said heres the link Inspectagato takes the research trophy for this one www.reptilianagenda.com... www.crosscircle.com... ("both of these links are the most informative i have come accross yet"and coroborate both Genesis 6:4 and the book of Enoch) by the way it is again my conclusion that these dragons as well as their genetic offspring and crossbreeds are a form of serpent and the same that are referd to as "the Reptilians" again a higly intelegent form of creature that eithere comes from outer space and also co inhabits the planet with us see Genesis 6:4 KJV or "The book of enoch" these intelegent lizards or serpants as one might call it may very well be the ones responsilble for the fall or genetic fall of mankind by interfeering and genetical altering our DNA to "in a sense" be rebelious towards God! My Inspectagato Award of the day goes out to ( d1k ) for posting the metatech link the award is for locating the only known pictur that I have seen of a dragon (pleas note the story behind the photo is quite an odd one sombodys dad had it hidden in a garage and after he died junior was cleaning out the garage and found the bottle hidden inside a wooden crate or something the beby dragon was sent off for testing but all scientists refused to test it and even reputable places turnede junior away this was a big topic on conspiracy sites a few months back but since then has been debunked as a hoax(as most interesting things including ufo�s are) use your own judgment either way its an interesting picture and story to say the least. Now the previous two links should open some eyes as to the reptilian DNA and crossbreeding abductions that are taking place reported by the thousands world wide! Lol Insectagato www.metatech.org...

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:52 AM
link   
see back of dollar bill for egyptian church worship, still till this day(the reptilians were very egyptian worshiped) www.crosscircle.com... also see reptile serpent aincient dragon, notice here the egyptian god is a reptillian www.crystalinks.com... also the egyptians werent playing around when they drew thier stuff the were very detailed even as to show caucasian blacks and aisians in there pictures all the gaurds and drwings were detailed even to the stripes on their sleves and and the way they wore thier hair. the cross breeds of animals and humans were actuals they did not draw bird people and dog peolpe etc. to be funny www.ufocasebook.com... here you can see crossbreeds and reptiles notice one of the pictures is subtitled "King Tuts Tomb" also the reptilian that took a bulet to the head is clearly reptilian i read the story behind that one (somthni like was suposed to land on airforce strip but landed on army strip right next to it instead and the army dudes werent expecting the frindly visit ailien disborded craft but realized to late landed at wrong place tried to run for the fence pow! on to the dome!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join