It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dragons have to be real

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
There are so many sightings and writings and recordings of dragons all across the globe, so I just want to know what yall think

[edit on 21-6-2004 by John bull 1]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Have you ever read the Dragonriders of Pern?

Anyway, thats my theory. They are dragons, just not earth. Or we could geneically engineer dragons using another species as a base.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by neodragon
There are so many sightings and writings and recordings of dragons all across the globe, so I just want to know what yall think

What sightings? I don't remember one and I'm sure no one on Earth living remembers one.

I remember only Bible and other old texts mentioning them.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm guessing here but Dragons are likely creatures of 4d and or other worlds. We reference them in cult lore out of long lost history or science and thus they take on a fairy tale sensibility about them.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Hey easy lets not get racial!! Just kidding. Dragons ARE real: Who can't interpret the word Dragon?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:44 AM
link   
Hmm.
I think they at least, 'were' real.
But I think that the Earth was a different place a long, long time ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:47 AM
link   
arent crocs dragons in a way?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 03:54 AM
link   
Don't forget the Komodo Dragon. I believe I heard that its the oldest unchanged species.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
i think Drangons may have been real long ago. but as �any said. the earth was a diffrent place a long time ago.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I think there may have been some flying dinosaurs or something along those lines but I cant really see any fire breathing creatures being real....how could the spark a fire in there mouth??

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 09:05 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:46 PM
link   
well, there is a beetle that can shoot boiling water and gas out of its ass as a defense mechanism. dragons dont seem that far fetched. they would just need two glands in the front of their mouth which produce a two chemicals that violently react (ie flame). exhale sharply while spitting reactive chemicals, youre 'breathing' fire.

ID

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:57 PM
link   
You know, there are way to many of these dragon posts.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:59 PM
link   
... but no fossilized remains. Hmmm....

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub

Maybe the fossils are mistaken as dinosaur fossils, and the paleontologists are putting 'em together wrong !!!

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser

Maybe the fossils are mistaken as dinosaur fossils, and the paleontologists are putting 'em together wrong !!!

Maybe dragons are just faint memories passed on through our subconscious memory from the dinosaur era. I mean, lots of animals are born with instincts that help them survive. Some animals know places to go, or to return to. Snakes for instance are afraid of animals approaching from a higher elevation. Like a human picking them up. They fear this because they know birds are a serious predator. That is passed on somehow. So maybe we just got ideas on dragons that way. That is just a theory from my head and feel free to bash it all you want.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The last two replies make perfect sense to me, they have screwed up putting dinosaurs back together (once they put the thumb on the nose of some lizzardy thing which I can't remember the name of).

I love the idea of memories being passed at an unconcious level, I must read up on that one day soon.

If they are memories, I wonder where the fire came from, perhaps a mental connection with how religion describes the devil/hell?

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Zzub]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:31 PM
link   

The last two replies make perfect sense to me, they have screwed up putting dinosaurs back together (once they put the thumb on the nose of some lizzardy thing which I can't remember the name of).

I love the idea of memories being passed at an unconcious level, I must read up on that one day soon.

If they are memories, I wonder where the fire came from, perhaps a mental connection with how religion describes the devil/hell?

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by Zzub]

Maybe they came from our tendency to exagerate things, or other fears of some sort on a subconsious level....again......I have no idea what im talking about here.....

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 10:54 PM
link   
Or maybe primitive people found a dinosaur fossil and invented the dragon to explain it?

I recently saw an article that ascribed the cyclops legend to wooly mamoth skulls found in Italy.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Well, if dragons did exist, they were probably some sort of unknown dinosaur....just my opinion though..but Dragons dont HAVE to be real, because nothing HAS to happen

-wD

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join