It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mother of All Bombs

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
i wonder y it causes the mushroom effect

what kind of elememt have they mixed into THIS sauce

i hate this....the daisy cutters were bad enough, now this

*stomps off to find a more suitable topic*

Cyrus

mushroom clouds dont have anything to do with nuclear elements. its how the smoke from the explosion rises. ive seen building fires with mushroom clouds. ignorant

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by baked

Originally posted by Canuck

Originally posted by THENEO
Canuck,

why are you going to do something about it?

From that comment I take it your American. Like it or not, if America committed an atrocity of large proportions many countries would group together, much like your alliance in Iraq right now, and shut you guys down. America is not invincible, America is not smarter than everyone else, America does not lead the free world. You guys just like to think you do.

*Edit* A good source for the story.

www.chicagotribune.com...

The Daisy Cutter, used recently against Taliban and Al Qaeda forces in Afghanistan, produces a blast that is flung largely sideways, preventing craters that would be hazardous to landing helicopters.

I earlier said that the MOAB was used in Iraq, sorry, I was wrong.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Canuck]

Try, he is from Canada!

Well, the world claims what we are doing is an atrocity now, why not shut us down?
What countries are you refering to "shuting us down"?
They might try but I doubt they could.

Why didn't they shut us down when we dropped on Japan?

The drop on Japan was a bit different and was committed during a time when most militaries were in no situation to engage in yet another prolonged war.
Plus it served the added purpose of helping to bring the war to a quick close.

And what nations? How bout most of the U.N., save you guys.
And lemme guess, if we tried to fight you you'd nuke us?
A nice example of America's "If it's not our way it's nobody's way" attitude.
And yes, Canada is a peaceful country, we peacekeep, we don't war. But I assure you, if Canada were ever invaded or was asked to muster an army for an actual good cause, we could and would.

Few examples of the last world war.
collections.ic.gc.ca...
schools.sbe.saskatoon.sk.ca...
www.virtualmuseum.ca...
www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca...

I have an email in to someone to send me a list I'd like you all to see, I'll post it if it arrives.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by baked

Originally posted by THENEO
Canuck,

why are you going to do something about it?

From that comment I take it your American. Like it or not, if America committed an atrocity of large proportions many countries would group together, much like your alliance in Iraq right now, and shut you guys down. America is not invincible, America is not smarter than everyone else, America does not lead the free world. You guys just like to think you do.

*Edit* A good source for the story.

www.chicagotribune.com...

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by Canuck]

Try, he is from Canada!

Well, the world claims what we are doing is an atrocity now, why not shut us down?
What countries are you refering to "shuting us down"?
They might try but I doubt they could.

Why didn't they shut us down when we dropped on Japan?

The drop on Japan was a bit different and was committed during a time when most militaries were in no situation to engage in yet another prolonged war.
Plus it served the added purpose of helping to bring the war to a quick close.

And what nations? How bout most of the U.N., save you guys.
And lemme guess, if we tried to fight you you'd nuke us?
A nice example of America's "If it's not our way it's nobody's way" attitude.
And yes, Canada is a peaceful country, we peacekeep, we don't war. But I assure you, if Canada were ever invaded or was asked to muster an army for an actual good cause, we could and would.

Few examples of the last world war.
collections.ic.gc.ca...
schools.sbe.saskatoon.sk.ca...
www.virtualmuseum.ca...
www.dfait-maeci.gc.ca...

I have an email in to someone to send me a list I'd like you all to see, I'll post it if it arrives.

So are you saying that we were justified in using a atom bomb on Japan when we were defending the rest of the battered world, but if we used a Non-Nuclear weapon in a war you just happen to disagree with then it's wrong?

Most of the UN? Like whom? Russia? China? England? France? I doubt it very much!
Who said anything about Nuking Canada? Thats just you putting words in my mouth, it's an unrealistic arguement.

As for Canada being invaded, it will never happen. Want to know why? Because your neighbor to the south would undoubtly bail you out.
As for Canada mustering an army up, Don't you already have one? What's your idea of "a good cause"?

I'm sure you speak for a minority of Canadians (although I could be wrong)

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I'm not critical of Canada really! I have no reason to be.
Canada might not have many bombs but, they got some BOMB Bud. B.C. Hydro is some of the best herb I ever had.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
i wonder y it causes the mushroom effect

what kind of elememt have they mixed into THIS sauce

i hate this....the daisy cutters were bad enough, now this

*stomps off to find a more suitable topic*

Cyrus
basically in the MOAB (or mother of all boombs, or massive ordanince air burst) is basicaly packed with jet fuel. and all explosions have the mushroom effect, why? i dont know

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 11:45 AM
link   
it looks cool i seen a thing about it wow

posted on Oct, 8 2008 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Like it or not, if America committed an atrocity of large proportions many countries would group together, much like your alliance in Iraq right now, and shut you guys down.

Although some USA citizens might take offense at your paragraph above, I actually get some relief from it. It is the duty of all free people to band together to stop atrocity. I would expect nothing less from humanity.

The only thing I might argue with: I think the USA is very unlikely to commit an atrocity of the type that would warrant that action. Although the USA is heavily criticized, we are generally a highly restrained, moral and benevolent group. (You can argue that endlessly -- both sides -- I know. But I think that is obviously the truth.)

The worry here is that people might believe we created an atrocity when we actually had not. That is how propaganda works. Rhetoric could easily motivate an undeserved attack against the USA by more ignorant and naïve countries.

And that very real possibility – I describe above – is probably why we need MOAB and other defense systems.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join