It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some info about space fighters

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
this might sound wierd of me asking but has any space organization begun building intergalactic space battle ships or fighters for universal use as a primary dsefense against invaders? has any organization thought about building mobile suits, 50 foot metal walking robots that can hold several weapons and has greater mobility than aircarfts do. have they? if anyone has any info about this topic plz rsp as fast as possible cause i cant seem to find any info on this topic. maybe there isnt any well i dont know. ill still try but i will probably have no luck since my main source for info is google and ats

and plus some people i know when i ask them this are pretty skeptical saying thats nothing of this is possible. o welll and the truth is out as mulder used to say.

as the light draws nearer i see the truth, the sun is bright and the skies are black with air explosions. dont cry for me, for im already dead.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by ShatteredSkies]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
I..don't think so...I know NASA has been developing a space plane..called the X something..which is to replace the shuttle I think..but something along the lines of Gundam and Mech Warrior..no.

-wD

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
How's about this?

No. But check the ATS stories on Star Wars and so on. You might find some amusing tidbits there.

If you want the Truth, Google will only take you so far.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lampyridae
How's about this?

No. But check the ATS stories on Star Wars and so on. You might find some amusing tidbits there.

sounds like you've been a little too keen on the transformers lately

it's a shame they took it off TV...brings back childhood memories

enough of that...
i doubt they've started stuff up for the resistance to invasion's sake....
but
i do know human enhacing technology has been long underway, the russians invented a pair of legs enabling some1 to run 30kmh, which is spectacular...when u take a good look at their funding drops.
i think the world feels itself safe for now, aliens havent contacted yet,&, we've created technology sufficient enough to atomize earth

this technology would more or less cover atomizing any outside threats.
Cyrus

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
thanx for the reply guys and man no walker mechs? god o and that jet NASA is working on is called the X-37 i think

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus

Originally posted by Lampyridae
How's about this?

sounds like you've been a little too keen on the transformers lately

it's a shame they took it off TV...brings back childhood memories

enough of that...
i doubt they've started stuff up for the resistance to invasion's sake....
but
i do know human enhacing technology has been long underway, the russians invented a pair of legs enabling some1 to run 30kmh, which is spectacular...when u take a good look at their funding drops.
i think the world feels itself safe for now, aliens havent contacted yet,&, we've created technology sufficient enough to atomize earth

this technology would more or less cover atomizing any outside threats.
Cyrus

you ay say this now but what if the invaders have a defense against nukes? did you see independence day?
well they were ugly arse primitive aliens with nuke repelent sheilds. Nuke spray anyone?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
I think it was the x33 nasa was developing. they stop that program and went to the x37. because the high cost of the x33 program but some people claim that it is still under development by the us airforce.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen
I think it was the x33 nasa was developing. they stop that program and went to the x37. because the high cost of the x33 program but some people claim that it is still under development by the us airforce.

i know there's an x-71 around....and an x-41 project, im more dedicated to Nasa's financial state at the moment.
havent gotten to the conspiracy-researching or it's projects yet.
Intelgurl's the one to ask, she gets incredibly cute avatars/is extremely inteligent on this matter(and other matters no doubt)*bless her*

Cyrus

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
well as far as mechwarrior the us is devolping owc project witch includes body armour night vision radar heat and all those other goodies

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I think a personal Iron Man type armor would be first on the drawing board before springing into the big stuff like MechWarriors or Gundam suits.
I know it sounds ridiculous but I'm serious. The suits in Matrix Revolutions looked entirely plausible in a future war situation.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kriskaos
well as far as mechwarrior the us is devolping owc project witch includes body armour night vision radar heat and all those other goodies

you have a site on which you got his research? if so i would appreciate it

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I think mech suits are pretty good ideas.

....But then again I am addicted to the MechWarrior games. I need rehab.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork
I think mech suits are pretty good ideas.

....But then again I am addicted to the MechWarrior games. I need rehab.

no you dont if anyone needs rehab its me, im obseesed with aircraft and mechs, trust me.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Im a bit late I know....

...but im getting MechCommander 2 on friday. Bit off topic.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by UndergroundNetwork
Im a bit late I know....

...but im getting MechCommander 2 on friday. Bit off topic.

you do realize the games about 2 years old.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Mechs are not practical... Think about it....slower than a tank....equals battle scrap...

There simply is no mission profile for a mech, that wouldn't be done better by a tank, helicopter, or jet...

Unless you get into flying mechs...then the story is a bit different...and a rather unique mission profile surfaces...(fast attack/heavy armor and weapons, in rough terrain, behind lines)

As for starcruisers...such a project would require a lot of resources, and would be a very visible endeavor. Without a real and present danger...(i.e. aliens would have to be revealed first), the public would not support such a money pit....unless of course, the economy was better, and it was a combination exploration/battle cruiser...

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Mechs are not practical... Think about it....slower than a tank....equals battle scrap...

There simply is no mission profile for a mech, that wouldn't be done better by a tank, helicopter, or jet...

Unless you get into flying mechs...then the story is a bit different...and a rather unique mission profile surfaces...(fast attack/heavy armor and weapons, in rough terrain, behind lines)

As for starcruisers...such a project would require a lot of resources, and would be a very visible endeavor. Without a real and present danger...(i.e. aliens would have to be revealed first), the public would not support such a money pit....unless of course, the economy was better, and it was a combination exploration/battle cruiser...

hmm the first part you were wrong since anything with armor, is mobile, and has heavy weaponary are considered mechs. a mech is a tracked mech for example, and besides a mech with boosters and it bipedal or quadpedal are much more useful then tanks and much faster. when you have arms you can carry man weapons and hold things with shoulders like battle equipment and still be mobile at a very nice speed. the mechs im refering to are not tracked mechs which you referre to as tanks, im talking about walker units or battle armors, even battle engines which are pure weaponary and hovers. this will only come out until we have powerful anti grav powerplanets installed in weapons. thats a battle engine, a core with weapons thats it. no legs or arms even a head in some cases, just a core and weapons. and as long as star cruisers go, the only thing we need is to have colonized other planets to gather recources for ships and even if the public didnt want it do you really think the gov't would care? ok then i think i proved you wrong on more than one lvl. and objections? ok if so plz post.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 07:30 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 10:04 AM
link   
NASA has an extravehicular flight suit but it has been sidelined because of manufacturing defects. They found machine assembley oil on the internal parts, which could cause a fire..

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
sorry i formated my hdd and i lost the link to the mech type suit. well it was a german site i think it was the RAM gmbh or something like that. they have an american partner and they make weapons planes etc...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join