It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does that Government agencey do.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:26 PM
link   
We have a board section for Government Buildings and a board section for Government Projects.

Alot of people ask questions about Government AGenceys and even within the US, England and Russia there are different organizations. (MIV, KGB SPETNA SSSPPD, ect.)

People frequencetly ask what a specific agencey does. The CIA is the US Centrel Inteligence Agencey. There Job is to gather information about forien governments. Is Korea building nuclear missiles for an attack on the US? Its the CIAs job to know.

Is the CIA above reproach, the consitution and the US civivlian population. (have they shiped drugs to dealers in the US to be sold to the public?) The CIA claims it cannot operate with its hands tied. However No US resident, civilian, patriot government official or employee is above the constitution of the United States. Many government employees swear and oath to protect the US constitution, whos sole purpse is to protect its citizens from its own government.

It would be of great benifet to have have a forum to identify specific government agencies, within the US and abroad. It would be an asset to the US government and the members of this board, invite employees of said agencey to speak to members of the community here about their specific roles in government.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
A forum for gov't agencies... hmmm.. not a bad idea!!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:10 PM
link   
We would need Forum Editorial Directors. I think that each country should have its own FSME though. LIek one for Russia one for England. Someone whos interested and familiar with that countrys politics.

If we havea special speaker like someone from the CIA. WE just have them post under an assumed name like Agent Jay, Agent Smith or Agent Kay.

We would have that Agent list their job title, responabilites, a declassified mission they worked on and maybe additional stuff. LIke what they think of their country and the constitution.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Potentiol questions for guest feds?

What do you think of the war on Drugs? Can the US win the war on Drugs?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I think thats a brilliant idea. I'm very interested in the various agencies....I dunno how we would have actual agents posting here....but either way, I'm for it. Sounds great to me.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well its the FBI, CIAs job to promote what their roles are and what they do. I been on a tour of the Hoover building. They have an Indoor gun range. Im Sure Langly has an indoor range too but for various reasons the public the CIA is not open to visitors. At the entrance they have several stars, one for each spy killed in the line of duty but no names.

We just contact a Public Relations person for that agencey and talk about their relative roles in that agencey. The possibility of getting Russia to talk about the roles of their agencey is unlikely. We could also ask someone from the CIA to talk about Spetna or various other reincarnations of soviet agenceys like the KGB.

I even applied for a job at NSA and they had a display of soviet uniforms in the main lobby of the science and technology building.

I dont think these agencies would talk about their shortcomings but they would discuss their mission statments.

When I was in Grade school a girls father worked for the FBI and he came to talk to us about his job as a Federal Fugitive Task Force Agent. He said they would track fugitives down to hotel rooms and kick the door in at like 4 AM in the morning and arrest them. One time he did so and the fugitive was sleeping next to a shot gun but did not waken.

In the US things are pretty open because thats a good way to do buisiness. The things that arent open the government just usually says no comment.

Like I said I live 30 miles from DC so all of these agencies are here. None of them would ever offer me a job but they are all pretty much, somewhat open to the public. However when I see the pure number of drug problems in Maryland, i wonder whats going on sometimes. The Maryland, DC area is probably one of the main drug corridors of the United States.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by websuspect]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:52 PM
link   
there is no such thing as KGB anymore

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Sounds great to me. My curiousity is peaked. Hopefully this can happen. As a screenwriter this info can be valulble to my scripts too
I

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian

Teh KGB was replaced with some other agencey, TBA and all the KGB agents work there. Have to google it.

SVR?

Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR)
Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki

The KGB is now Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki

I can pronounce it but dont ask me to remember it.
DOuble agents for the CIA Got Hansons Tape recorded voice from SVR and Hansons neighbor who works for the CIA identified Hanson and thats how they caught RObert Hanson.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by websuspect

Originally posted by Russian

Teh KGB was replaced with some other agencey, TBA and all the KGB agents work there. Have to google it.

SVR?

Foreign Intelligence Service (SVR)
Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki

The KGB is now Sluzhba Vneshney Razvedki

I can pronounce it but dont ask me to remember it.
DOuble agents for the CIA Got Hansons Tape recorded voice from SVR and Hansons neighbor who works for the CIA identified Hanson and thats how they caught RObert Hanson.

but they are very different then KGB

KGB used to kill people for belief and other minor things.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:49 PM
link   
You should be our Chief Russian FSME on Russian Government Agencies.

Dah we shall drink to this vodka.

Me walks over and opens some Wodka!

Nasvadanyia!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

You should be our Chief Russian FSME on Russian Government Agencies.

Dah we shall drink to this vodka.

Me walks over and opens some Wodka!

Nasvadanyia!

Ok i will go get the best vodka!

SMIRNOFF!

dont you just love the burning feeling in your throat

after you drink smirnoff?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Yes i have the 8 oz bottle of SMIRNOFF! here.

Me takes one drink and loses the ability to talk. Than passes out on the floor.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Yes i have the 8 oz bottle of SMIRNOFF! here.

Me takes one drink and loses the ability to talk. Than passes out on the floor.

I drink the rest of the smirnoff plus my one liter and then pass out too.

new topics

top topics

join