It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces - who's the best?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Hey thanks for searching the video funlovin, and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you idol General Choi.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I would have to say the US has some great teams. just imagine what they have done that they have not told us about yet.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyrus
u havent seen the british SAS then....

they did some moves in chechnia

...ummm...yes...I have...hence my selection of the NZSAS...

To go by Andy McNab, ex-SAS and writer of 'Bravo Two Zero', said the NZSAS are well known and respected for their skills. Their tracking and covert insurgance techniques are highly respected and revered. As such, British SAS and NZSAS often engage in exchange training programmes. British SAS Counter Terrorism is unquestionable...and teach the NZSAS techniques in regards to that. NZSAS are reknown for adaption to environments, infiltration and covert observation/operation...as was displayed most recently during hostilities in Afghanistan with NZSAS blending in and monitoring the Al Queda/Taliban from the inside out...how...coz we darkies are shady...hehehehe...

Peace,
ALIEN

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gooking
Hey thanks for searching the video funlovin, and I'm sorry to hear about the loss of you idol General Choi.

thanks gooking.
rgds
FLC

p.s.
in response to your earlier question - @ means at. - just noticed your question there.

[Edited on 22/11/03 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Being Korean, I have seen a lot of South Korean units in action, and boy, they produce results.

Many of you are in awe over their SF training, but believe me, even their standard boot camp is extremely brutal. Punishment is being spanked, literally, you are starved, and there is a "kiss-my-feet" kind of mentality.

It's probably the equivalent of U.S. Army Ranger training.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hey, Sweat how do you feel about the al-qaeda terrorist threat against south korea? You guys have it hard, first your ancestors were invaded over 950 times, then colonized by japan in the 1905, then divided, then threaten by n.korea, and now threatened by al-qaeda.

You guys have a hard life as a korean, but I know you koreans are a tough breed.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Hey, Sweat how do you feel about the al-qaeda terrorist threat against south korea? You guys have it hard, first your ancestors were invaded over 950 times, then colonized by japan in the 1905, then divided, then threaten by n.korea, and now threatened by al-qaeda.

You guys have a hard life as a korean, but I know you koreans are a tough breed.

tell me about it!! - fought some of them in tournaments before - very tough, agile and fast. ( I know I'm getting off thread, sorry!
)

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
The most mild koreans I know doesn't take crap from no one. It can be funny and scary at the same time.

If the al-qaeda are stupid enough to attack koreans, then they will be in a lot of pain.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:32 PM
link   
here is the video of some training of spetsnaz Vityaz units,
army.ftp...:[email protected]/Bereti.mpg
its 63 mb
so if it wont start dling try again, the begginers must fight one on one with the top spetsnaz units

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
I think it is either GROM or SAS

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Uhm.. SectorGaza the link doesn't work.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
In my opinion, it has to be the british SAS and SBS.
They regularly exchange soldiers with forces all across the globe, and a large percentage of those who are selected to exchange with the SAS are simply not up to it... Only the SAS and SBS, to my knowledge, require you to be able to walk 75 kilometres in a set time (educated guess, is around 20-22 hours from what I've read, but it's off the top of my head)
and run with 4 stone on your back for 10 miles
in terms of selection toughness, the SBS easily have the hardest in the world.
On top of being required to pass the SAS standard selection, they have to do elite SBS 'training', for example, swim the length of an olympic swiming pool (or twice the length) without taking a breath.
The SAS are trained to operate AS DEEP BEHIND ENEMY lines as necessary, able to go for weeks without resupply, trained to live off the land.
During Afghanistan, the British SF were required to lead the american units in combat because the americans lacked professionalism (for example, rumours about the Jessica Lynch case where they ran around with blanks shouting 'Go Go Go')
One perfect example of the SAS professionalism is the Embassy Seige, which several family friends of mine participated in (read In the eye of the storm, by Peter Radcliffe)
I think it took them around 17 minutes to clear out a whole embassy..
During Afghanistan, british forces were called in to replace American forces who were not up to scratch (for example, our lads had to replace some american marines or something on some mountain top. They had not prepared for it, via climatization, but were still required).
The minimum requirements for the British regulars is similar to those of a large number of American Special Forces.
I dont know much about the Grey Fox/Hound (whatever it is) unit, but I gather it is formidable to the SAS

I am currently trying to find details of a massive Delta Force screw up on their first ever mission, where they basically slaughtered a bunch of innocents and didnt account for time difference between countries..

Another point, SAS train internationally (eg in jungles in Singapore, desert in Oman, in the Artic)
I dont -think- US Special Forces do, but correct me if I am wrong

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by browha

You are wrong, stand corrected.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   

yeah try later.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Please qualify that with examples?

---
not trying to be offensive, but I just want to increase personal knowledge

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by browha]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SectorGaza

yeah try later.

O.K.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ADVISOR

Please qualify that with examples?

---
not trying to be offensive, but I just want to increase personal knowledge

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by browha]

The u.s. trains internationally, I think they train in more enviroments then any other country in the world.

What about the french foreign legions? I heard they only accept the best troops all over the world.

[Edited on 30-11-2003 by gooking]

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
"The First three weeks of Selection is held mostly in the Brecon Beacons and Black Mountains in Wales. Soldiers are expected to increase their weight in their bergens (rucks) and distances will also become greater. If a soldier fails a test more then twice is RTUed(Returned To Unit). The soldier is allowed to repeat the course again if he is willing. One of the most notorious parts is the "Fan Dance". This is a march over the Brecons. It should take about 4 hours to complete. Another part and probably the most famous, is the Long Drag. It is held on the last day of the three weeks. It is about 40 miles over the Brecons. The soldier willl now be carrying a 55 pound bergen (if it is under weight a DS will make sure you get the proper weight). Remember this doesn't include water and food! The passing times range from 20 to 24 hours to complete this course. Although TA members get a little slack (about 30 min.). If the weather is good try to get in under 20 hours. "

any SF out there got anything COMPARABLE to that?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by FULCRUM
SAS has longest and best track record..

They also train many other SF units around the world..

Like German and US units.. etc..

i wonder why they have the longest and best track record. i think they were the first special forces around. everyone took the idea and ran with it in thier own ways

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 04:15 PM
link   
The way I see it. The Seal team of USA is the best. They are trained in sea, land, and air.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join