It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Special Forces - who's the best?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by gooking
I never seen a south korean military special ops. train before, but I did see their police counter-parts. I have to say they are pretty well-trained.

I think the best special ops. is probably the ROK marines, like I said before I never seen them train (they keep it a secret anyway) but heard of their reputation.
www.specialoperations.com...

www.rokmc.org...

I saw a South Korean army training video once. Don't think it was SF though - damn brutal. One bit that stuck in my mind was when the drill sergeant(or whatever his equivalent in the South Korean Army is) walked along the line of recruits, all stanging to attention and kicked each one of them squarely in the nutz! - not one of them flinched. I was aching just watching it.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   

I saw a South Korean army training video once. Don't think it was SF though - damn brutal. One bit that stuck in my mind was when the drill sergeant(or whatever his equivalent in the South Korean Army is) walked along the line of recruits, all stanging to attention and kicked each one of them squarely in the nutz! - not one of them flinched. I was aching just watching it.

That'll be their balls of steel.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Here's another site that breaks down the different countrie's SO units.
www.blarg.net...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by funlovincriminal

I never seen a south korean military special ops. train before, but I did see their police counter-parts. I have to say they are pretty well-trained.

I think the best special ops. is probably the ROK marines, like I said before I never seen them train (they keep it a secret anyway) but heard of their reputation.

www.rokmc.org...

Exactly! I had a korean friend whose voice changed after he was drafted, I was surprised at the change so I asked him about it. The guy told me that the DIs hit him #ing hard on his throat just so his voice would sound damn #ing meaner! And he was just a goddam regular, nothing special about his units.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by gooking]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfbread
Here's another site that breaks down the different countrie's SO units.
www.blarg.net...

That's an interesting site, Halfbread,

thanks

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   

www.rokmc.org...

Exactly! I had a korean friend whose voice changed after he was drafted, I was surprised at the change so I asked him about it. The guy told me that the DIs hit him #ing hard on his throat just so his voice would sound damn #ing meaner.

Seriously??

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:52 PM
link   

www.rokmc.org...

Exactly! I had a korean friend whose voice changed after he was drafted, I was surprised at the change so I asked him about it. The guy told me that the DIs hit him #ing hard on his throat just so his voice would sound damn #ing meaner.

Seriously??

I'm serious.

Where did you get the video from? I had a lot of fun watching these guys train, and their flashy techniques.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:53 PM
link   
South Korea? Well at least their allies..better than it being the North.

-wD

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:56 PM
link   
@ gooking....

I trained in many different martial arts for 20 years or so.
Studied Taekwondo for 7 years. as it's the national sport of south korea, and my instructor was heavily into the discipline side of things, he made us study Korean History and showed us videos about how taekwondo has a huge influence in their society. one of these is in the armed forces where everyone practises it - he had a couple of videos with the army training.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I have an idea where to look now, go to nearest tae kwon do school and beg for it.

Are there any spetnaz training videos, I got interested when I read some of the opinions here.

What does @ mean? Thats the first time I saw it in a forum.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:35 PM
link   
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but here is a site that has links to all the special forces in the world.

www.specialforces.net...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Halfbread
AC-130s and EC-130s Belong to the Air Force..

SOCOM's 16th Special Operations Squadron operates them.

These are special aircrafts for special missions operated by special forces squadron.

*Edit*

Spectre video!

AC-130 info!

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by FULCRUM]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
I don't know if anyone has posted this yet, but here is a site that has links to all the special forces in the world.

www.specialforces.net...

another interesting link, thanks greenkoolaid

quite similar to the one provided earlier by halfbread

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:47 PM
link   
Found a special forces search engine.

www.sfahq.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
@ gooking.
was looking up some info on General Choi - he was the founder of Taekwondo and also was responsible for some of the crack Korean divisions. I was looking to see if there were any videos on the net and I came across a story, advising that he died a few months ago.
This saddened me as it was his teachings which had a big influence on my teenage years. A sad day for Martial Artists the world over.

[Edited on 21/11/03 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:05 PM
link   
...as someone once said here, on a similar topic:

DON'T RANK THEM - THANK THEM

...they are brave beyond belief...all of them, every member of every group, are the best of the best...much respect to them all.

...though if I was to contradict myself and pick a SF Team, I'd say NZSAS...only coz I know about them, and got some family members in there...biased I know...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

couldn't agree more with you, Alien

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Special forces units or the green berets as they are better known are force multipliers. They go into an are with 12 men called an "A" team and train the locals how to conduct guerilla warfare. Ranger are used for taking over large areas such as air fields and for tracking and capturing personel and thier forts. Delta force is used for counter-terrorist puuposes. Marine Force Recon does such that but they closly mirror what the seals do. Seals infiltrate areas in small numbers usually by water to create havoc. Special Air Wing from the air force drops in ahead of the lines and scouts out for air fields to be taken over for future use amongst other jobs. And leave the Sniping to the Marines.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by alien

...they are brave beyond belief...all of them, every member of every group, are the best of the best...much respect to them all.

...though if I was to contradict myself and pick a SF Team, I'd say NZSAS...only coz I know about them, and got some family members in there...biased I know...

u havent seen the british SAS then....

they did some moves in chechnia

let's just say i envy the UK for the power it has.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After looking over what everyone said I still think Spetsnaz is the best trained and most bruite.

I SFs you have to be bruite to kill without remorse.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join