It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tiny robot helicopter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Japan's electronics giant Seiko Epson believes its Micro Flying Robot is the world's lightest and smallest robot helicopter.

CLICK HERE

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I saw that and also that a camera was installed on it
I was just waiting for people to start talking about infiltrating Area-51 with it

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Hmm, that's a pretty cool helicopter.

The CIA developed a robot dragonfly used to spy on people. The problem with it was not that it couldn't fly, but a small gust of wind would knock it spinning out of control.

This could be potentially another spy device, but I think it's a long way to go until we can figure out a way to make micro-aircraft be stable in the air.

Infiltrating Area 51 with that is not a good idea. They'll just surround the place with fans.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Need I assume that the wires hanging down imply that the device is not efficient enough to lift it's own power source? If it can't do that, it is just a toy.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Sadly, you are right, it's an expensive toy. They are hoping somebody will be able to make a lightweight battery for it some day in the future.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:57 PM
link   
yup thats the biggest proublem

untell they like make super dooper souler panels (witch i heard thay just devloped 20x more infesentones)

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:17 PM
link   
If you want to spy into A51, this may be a solution.

www.4-spy-cameras-and-spy-equipment.com...

It claims to be able to fly outdoors, but the winds still have to be reasonably calm. I don't think any one of us will be getting one of those soon. Just look at the price tag!

Here's the fine print:

Legal Status of Order:

It is the absolute responsibility of the BUYER, not Spy cameras and Spy equipment.com to ascertain and obey any and all applicable local, state and federal laws in regards to possession and use of any items in this on-line catalog or any items purchased through Spy cameras and Spy equipment.com. Please consult with your attorney, and local, state federal laws before ordering any merchandise from Spy business and hidden Spy cameras online. Body wires, audio recording equipment and bugging equipment is not available to the public. government agencies wishing to purchase these items must submit an official purchase order request on official letterhesd. By placing an order, the buyer represents the he/she is of legal age (18) and that any and all products purchased from Spy cameras and Spy equipment.com will only be used in a lawful manner, purchaser assumes all liability or damage resulting from the use, misuse or unlawful use of any of the products offered.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zzub
Sadly, you are right, it's an expensive toy. They are hoping somebody will be able to make a lightweight battery for it some day in the future.

I still want one...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
i had a GREAT thing like this, sadly it broke one time i crahsed it, but it was in the shape of a saucer with 3 rotors. small tether wire, but the ting flew like a monster, wind or not. it was one of those smithsonian toys.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Saucerat that doesnt seem like too bad an idea lol

new topics

top topics

join