It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Istanbul - Al Qaeda, it wasn't them

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:34 PM
link   
I know i am not supposed to post whole articles here, but after the response recieved regarding the Riyadh bombing, I am posting the first few paragraphs of this article, which is quite convincing, in saying that the Istanbul bombings could NOT have been Al Qaeda

Al-Qaeda are the US govts greatest ally

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a conspiracy theorist. I don�t think Russia were involved in the JFK assassination, or that Area 51 is home to aliens. I am a rational person, who I like to believe, thinks logically.

So lets look at recent events in a logical way.

On November 20th 2003, London was gearing up for a huge protest against the visit of President Bush. The media had been hyping up the protests, as the largest protests �ever seen against a head of State�. More people were expected to attend than had ever protested against Saddam, or Mugabe.

However, Bush seemed unnerved. He would smile when asked about the protests and he said it didn�t affect him at all. I couldn�t understand this. This man was being told he was the most hated man on the planet, and yet he didn�t seem to mind. Almost as if he �knew� something no-one else did.

The news of Michael Jacksons sex scandals were given 2nd rate coverage in light of the protests, which would culminate in a ceremonious �toppling� of Bush�s effigy, to replicate the staged toppling of Saddams in Baghdad.

I was thinking all the while, unless the world should end, there is no way Bush can divert the worlds media attention from this. If anything, there was nothing he could do, to avoid the British public from seeing that his war against terror was a phoney war. I was hoping the worlds media would broadcast the protests and images of the toppling effigy would be beamed throughout the world. Bush�s calmness unnerved me.

It just wasn�t logical.

For the full article go to www.wwviews.com... ( article posted on 21/11/03 )

~messiah~

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Please read your own quoted sources

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   
For Example

A Turkish Islamist group has claimed joint responsibility with al-Qaida for Thursday�s twin blasts in Istanbul that killed 27 and injured 450 even as Turkish security forces were placed on high alert.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:43 PM
link   
iam sorry for the people in turkey..but i agree with al qaeda...oepss...said something wrong he

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
jozuph - dont troll it does you no service trying to stir this up

and the next time you do i will post a complaint

I guess you have never seen a terrorist attack not lost a friend through one.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
jozuph - dont troll it does you no service trying to stir this up

and the next time you do i will post a complaint

I guess you have never seen a terrorist attack not lost a friend through one.

u ever had a friend lost because some stupid country attacks another by believing they are right ? again iam sorry bout the innocent people that died and got wounded but i have to give al qaeda the respect they deserve, like it or not..i dont troll i just look at both sides..i think america is the terrorist here...what u call terror is what they call war, like u call war going with your fokin army into their country, hate me for this...

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Point 1 Yes
I lived in Nortern Ireland for a long time. For your information that was a war zone in the 1970s and 80s

Point 2
The post Identified Al Queeda as a joint instigator in the attack.

Point 3
Live through an attack yourself and have a humanist attitude to your foes - I have and would put a 9mm to the back of the necks of the people who put a piece of glass into my back - and i was just a student non com at the time.

nuff said ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
i appreciate the remark regarding our own reports, and that some ppl say it was al-qaeda. Most of the mainsteream media says it was al-qaeda, but some ppl disagree.

Our site simply puts both sides of the story up for reading, to give u a better view of the curent opinion.

Me personally....well, i don't think it was al-qaeda.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:03 PM
link   
WWviews

Thank you - no problem with that

i think a considered perspective is important

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silk
Point 1 Yes
I lived in Nortern Ireland for a long time. For your information that was a war zone in the 1970s and 80s

Point 2
The post Identified Al Queeda as a joint instigator in the attack.

Point 3
Live through an attack yourself and have a humanist attitude to your foes - I have and would put a 9mm to the back of the necks of the people who put a piece of glass into my back - and i was just a student non com at the time.

nuff said ?

point 1, so u can imagine how the people in for instance iraq feel, u can feel how the poor women [whos husband is a supossed ''terrorist' ] feel after their husband is being killed and then their houses are being destroyed [palestines]...without reason.

point 2, thats my point, yess its al qaeda who struck back..to make you feel like they do.

point 3, i dont attack so i will probably wont be attacked neither..another of my points.

al queda or not, i think who ever did it they are right, its war, u fight war like u want, they [al qaeda] fight it like they want..like i said before, if u put the seed in the ground u also have to harvest it..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:15 PM
link   
wich takes me back to the complaint, what do u wanna complain about ? that there are people who think different from u, isnt that the problems to start with ? that u have your views and want al others to have the same views ?..and if not, attack...
i state again that who ever defends himself is the true hero, in this case thats al qaeda...u call em terrorist, i call em heros..u call yourself right, i say your wrong, blame me now...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:41 PM
link   
"You kids shouldn't play so rough, somebody's gonna start cryin' "-MisterBlonde

I don't think Al Qaeda is responsible for these attacks. Don't get me wrong, I'm not defending the group, but I believe they've become quite the convenient scapegoat. Something tells me there's more to the story.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
Just found this:
"Main militant Islamic groups active in Turkey"
Link:
www.turkishdailynews.com...

IBDA-C - ISLAMIC GREAT EASTERN RAIDERS-FRONT
Most likely backed by Islamic Republic of Iran......

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:53 PM
link   
Istanbul - Al Qaeda, it wasn't them.

Oh here we go already! I would have never guessed. What took ya so long?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by wwviews
I know i am not supposed to post whole articles here, but after the response recieved regarding the Riyadh bombing, I am posting the first few paragraphs of this article, which is quite convincing, in saying that the Istanbul bombings could NOT have been Al Qaeda

Al-Qaeda are the US govts greatest ally

Let me start by saying that I am NOT a conspiracy theorist. I don�t think Russia were involved in the JFK assassination, or that Area 51 is home to aliens. I am a rational person, who I like to believe, thinks logically.

So lets look at recent events in a logical way.

On November 20th 2003, London was gearing up for a huge protest against the visit of President Bush. The media had been hyping up the protests, as the largest protests �ever seen against a head of State�. More people were expected to attend than had ever protested against Saddam, or Mugabe.

However, Bush seemed unnerved. He would smile when asked about the protests and he said it didn�t affect him at all. I couldn�t understand this. This man was being told he was the most hated man on the planet, and yet he didn�t seem to mind. Almost as if he �knew� something no-one else did.

The news of Michael Jacksons sex scandals were given 2nd rate coverage in light of the protests, which would culminate in a ceremonious �toppling� of Bush�s effigy, to replicate the staged toppling of Saddams in Baghdad.

I was thinking all the while, unless the world should end, there is no way Bush can divert the worlds media attention from this. If anything, there was nothing he could do, to avoid the British public from seeing that his war against terror was a phoney war. I was hoping the worlds media would broadcast the protests and images of the toppling effigy would be beamed throughout the world. Bush�s calmness unnerved me.

It just wasn�t logical.

For the full article go to www.wwviews.com... ( article posted on 21/11/03 )

~messiah~

Of all the rubbish included here, I would like confirmation on one point: You are saying that we should have given a 5'11", 120 lb black-man-who-wants-to-be-a-white-woman-so-bad-that-he-engages-in-self-depricating-cosmetic-alterations-celebrity more press than he got because of the latest insinuation he is a pedophile, but didn't because Bush staged bombings in Turkey?

WHATEVER!

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Valhall]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:04 PM
link   
I mean really, THIS is what we ought to be talking about:

if it weren't for those damned world events!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Black hair, white skin, red lips... He has it all doesn't he.lol

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

good one val.

his is a child terrorist and rapest.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Seems Al-Qaeda has spoken.........

"TEXT-Excerpts from alleged al Qaeda claim for Turkey blasts"
Link:
www.alertnet.org...

Excerpt:
"DUBAI, Nov 21 (Reuters) - Following are excerpts from a statement purportedly by a unit of Osama bin Laden's al Qaeda network which appeared on Friday on an Islamist website, Al Mujahidoun. It was translated by Reuters from Arabic.

-------------

Statement from the Jihad al Qaeda "Operation Islamic Iron Hammer"

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall

that is the ungliest thing alive

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join