It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami police knocking heads RIGHT NOW at FTAA conference

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
I've been watching the action from several different discussions. Cops getting violent for no apparent reason. APCs are on the move. Gas, rubber bullets and firehoses have already been used. Dozens seriously injured. Downtown effectively shut down. Undercover cops violently arresting people without provocation. Unconfirmed rumors of Army personnel in the area. Welcome to the Police State, a la Jeb style.

"Parts of downtown Miami resembled a police state. Checkpoints with armed officers blocked pedestrians without proper credentials on several streets. Squad cars were on almost every block. Troopers searched vehicles before they could move on."

www.msnbc.com...

"Report from the street that there have been small groups of provocateurs trying to blend into the crowd and attempting to provoke protesters into doing things that will get them quickly arrested. Person who reported this said that reporters have video footage proof."

Get the latest here:

ftaaimc.org...
www.click10.com...

Video of tear gas incident
www.smashthetrifecta.com...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Im kinda pissed off that I didnt see anything on t.v about this yet I have heard more than I want to about #ing micheal jackson...what the hell is wrong with this world??
[ but this does not suprise me in the least]

[Edited on 11-21-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   
It was a nightmare! Classes at Miami Dade Community College were closed..I couldn't visit my favorite pizza place cause it was right down the street.. bleh

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 09:30 AM
link   
I hate the police i hope the protesters turn nastier.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   
anybody who has faith in our goverment or our media should not have to look further than the lack of coverage on this major event.....open your eyes!!!!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Well yesterday was the peak of the protests. This morning there were small pieces done on msnbc about what will happen today.

I'm glad it wasn't like Seatle with those "anarchists"/"masked thugs" that were the real threat.

There was peaceful protests here in Miami though..I'm glad for that.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I have seen almost no coverage of this event..peaceful or not...yet I have seen more then enough coverage on EVERY SINGLE CHANNEL about micheal jackson...hmmmm...you think the priorities are # up...or controlled..I think so..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Well this Michael Jackson stuff is more hot than WTO talks in Miami.. I know on MSNBC during the day when classes were canceled they talked about it off and on..only when things got hot, but of course the local news will always be on top of it.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
Ihmmmm...you think the priorities are # up...or controlled..I think so..

i quoted myself...you think our priorites are # up????

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   
and its not just some WTO talks in miami...its was full out riots that shut down the city...

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:21 PM
link   
heh. I realise what happened here. I never said they were "just" WTO talks.. the fact is the downtown area recieved a warning about the protests like a couple weeks in advance, and that riot police were in place since starting from last week, so in reality it isn't the newest news story. I believe its only the downtown area of miami.. being biscane that runs by port of miami, american airlines theatre, and bay front park, 4th ST downtown, 5th st downtown, and possible some streets more south, but not the whole city.

Oh and 2nd street that runs along the court house and the campus as well.

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by MrRadicalEd]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Sir...you are absolutely on target! Our priorities are all messed up, and I have to further agree, its all about control of the media, the people will only hear what the government wants them to. Enough of Michael Jackson and more of what is really needed in the media!

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:28 PM
link   
rubs hands together

now you guys are on to something. So lets start figuring out why our government told news agencies to cover more of the Michael Jackson story than the WTO meeting in Miami, FL. Lets start for motive why.. so why?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
rubs hands together

now you guys are on to something. So lets start figuring out why our government told news agencies to cover more of the Michael Jackson story than the WTO meeting in Miami, FL. Lets start for motive why.. so why?

you really need somebody to spell it out for you??? its painfully obvious..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Please explain.. I really would like to know.. especially since the talks have ended.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:42 PM
link   
"We're police officers; We're not trained to handle this kind of violence"

MrRadicalEd, I have not established a viewpoint in that regard, but it's obvious that the information delivered by the media is the result of selective programming. Just imagine seeing the whole story of every story...Oh my, ignorance is bliss.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Lets start for motive why..

you are so blind you cant think of any reasons for this??? honestly.. you cant???

[Edited on 11-21-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I don't see any "programming". Maybe its because I actually live in Miami, and had to deal with it for almost o whole three weeks, or its just that I don't believe in that conspiracy theory.

I can understand why the people protest though. People get paid poorly, loose benifets, and even lose jobs. You have angry people that are more violent than others.. you have riots.. while not wide scale, they are there, but its all simmering down now, and I will get back to my classes next week it seems

sirCyco, no dude, I can't. I really don't see why I should know about why or How the US government is telling US news agencies to not report on these sporadic riots because of the World Trade Organization talks. I'm just not the member to that conspiracy club

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I live in the midwest and if it was not for this website i would know almost nothing about whats going on in miami!!! but of coarse i know exactly whats going on with micheal jackson... every channel covers this important part of history..

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Perhaps, and I know I can be wrong, but maybe that the new agencies themselves find that Michael Jackson makes a better story than sporadic riots and protestors in Miami

If you're so upset about not getting news coverage on the World Trade Organization talks in Miami you should call up your local news channel and ask why there was no coverage..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join