It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mpeg problem in IE

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Hey,

I've been experiencing a problem recently that I can't fix. It's especially annoying, because I consider myself an expert and I can not fix this problem.

I'm using windows XP. When I click on an mpeg (.MPG) file on a website, it used to open the mpg in media player, but now it tries and fails to open it in IE.

I can't figure out how the heck to set this back to playing in media player. Media player is set to be the player for mpg files, but I can't find any option that affects this when clicked on in a website.

It's happened since installing realplayer (I told it not to change anything with filetypes, but it did anyway)

Can anybody help me? I'd be eternally grateful.

Thanks in advance

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:47 AM
link   
ahh...the wretched foul media player. try getting rid of it and re-associating the file types maybe?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Yup, I've re-installed it and associated mpg files with it already. The problem is IE does not think it should launch the media player, tries to open the mpeg in IE and fails.

Any other thoughts?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:03 AM
link   
hmm...MS recently released some updates for IE 6, have those?? try uninstalling IE and reinstalling it. or the same with media player updates/install - re-install. I looked dslreports.com in their MS forum and that seemed to work for some people.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:10 AM
link   
www.dslreports.com...=winme~mode=flat

is the link...sorry..forgot to throw that in. there's a few things you can try from that thread.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:19 AM
link   
I'm reading that page now, hopefully it will help.

Many, many thanks

top topics

join