It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

freedom of speech? yeah right

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Freedom of speech. If you think we have it, tell that to the dixie chicks who dared to speak out against our wonderful president. (sarcastic tone intended).

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:45 PM
link   
You're right, our freedom is slowly fading away into the grip of the NWO. I wouldn't be surprised if biochemically altered food wasn't really soylent green ... oh yummy whatever will they think of next

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:50 PM
link   
F*ck the goverment!

SEE I GOT FREDOM OF SPEECH!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Russian
F*ck the goverment!

SEE I GOT FREDOM OF SPEECH!

errr actually no you dont because you said Frock and not the other F word see, even here there is Censorship!!! lol ... Maybe this site is really being run by the Secret Gov't without our knowlege

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:56 PM
link   
fear=population control

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ilostmyname
Freedom of speech. If you think we have it, tell that to the dixie chicks who dared to speak out against our wonderful president. (sarcastic tone intended).

Actually the Chicks were not censored.The people chose not to listen to them.They have a product to sale and the free market system worked in this case.Thats how it works.If I like what you have to say or sing or whatever you may be selling,I will buy it.If not well then you go away eventually.
When are these actors and performers going to learn that it is better to shut the hell up and keep politics and religion out of their business.If a person owns a large toy company and goes on television or radio and announces that he hates Santa Claus(example) and this pisses people (and children) off,then they have the right not to buy his product,and guess what happens to the company.This is not censorship persay because that guy can yell all day long how much he hates old Santa and never have to shut up,but his wallet will soon begin to feel it.Gotta love the freemarket system.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:26 AM
link   
And How about this:

New Jersey station bans Jethro Tull
Following comments by Jethro Tull leader Ian Anderson concerning the potential dangers of overzealous jingoism, New Jersey radio station WCHR invokes a permanent ban on playing the group's music.
Anderson was quoted in the Asbury Park Press saying, "I hate to see the American flag hanging out of every bloody station wagon, out of every SUV, every little Midwestern house in some residential area. It's easy to confuse patriotism with nationalism. Flag waving ain't gonna do it."
The following day WCHR put the potential ban up for an audience vote.
"The reaction of our audience has been 99 percent in favor of the ban and 99 percent incredulous that he would say such stupid things," stated Phil LoCascio, WCHR's program director. "He is a smart guy. As far as we're concerned, this ban is forever."

Freedom of speech and Freedom to be you are disappearing...slowly...and they will keep evaporating until it is gone...it is the sad truth really....but it will happen....soon...very soon!

Originally posted by kalki
fear=population control

I totaly agree....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
The really troublesome thing is that we generally expect censorship to come from the "outside", as if censorship took the form of some guy in a tank with a megaphone rolling down the streets and condeming the nonbelievers.
In actuality, censorship is much more subtle. It comes from people becoming afraid of opinions other than their own, people that think they're doing good by banning "dangerous" speech.
Remember, totalitarianism begins at home.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Govt. is borg
Resistance is futile.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:06 PM
link   
If anything, I think that we have plenty of freedom of speech. The only things not protected are slander, and libel....who's going to go out in public and honestly say: "Hey, listen up everyone, the president is a pot-smoking, dog-#ing ALIEN!!!"

That's slander, by the way...

You could get in trouble for that, unless of course you could prove that the president is in fact a pot-smoking, dog-#ing alien.

However, we see this alot on joke-sites, and whatever, and people are generally good about not stepping all over whomever's nuts about taking it down because it's slanderous, or libelous.

I'm not saying that we have too much freedom of speech, no no, but I think that our rights are adequate. Besides......didn't I just hear something about the FCC allowing the word F.U.C.K. to be allowed on radio?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
i have freedom of speech, i say what i want, nwo ? it, never saw em never will see em. I know iam not important but if i was i would still dont give a . wHows gonna shut me down ? nwo ? secret goverment ? I dont think they excist anyway :]]] just cause the mods here dont wanna see the f word doesnt mean u cant speak out..its also possible without FOK. We have freedom of speech, at least where i life. dixiechickz or not, its up to them what they say, they scared now, for what ?

[Edited on 23-11-2003 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Freedom of speech is guaranteed, even for stuipd actors and performers, who tend to use their notoriety to spread messages on something they believe in. They believe your president is a moron, nad they are ashamed to be affiliated with him as a Texan. What is the problem with that, i fully agree with them. I'm not Texan, but your country is going down the #ter, nad half of you aren't even aware of it because all your news coverage is rigged to tell you how GREAT things are going in Iraq, and how muchPROGRESS is being made there. Yeah, real progress, when will they tell the truth and admit there is still a war on? Wjem will they admit that they are manufacturing consent in your country, when will they admit that freedom of speech is being curtailed by the so called "Patriot Act"? Why aren't you just as pissed off about it as i am? I'm candaian but i still realize the profound effect your country has on the rest of the world and when it is being completly duped and mislead by this man who thinks its ok to execute retards, it tends to piss me off.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
word javapunk...executing retards...damnn i really didnt know its sooo bad in the us of b euuh a :]]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 10:15 PM
link   
You say we're stupid,and you can't even spell and?Hmm

Oh and another thing.They do have every right to say what they want about our president,the good thing about this great country is that we have the right NOT to listen to it.If thats censorship then so be it.Nobody wants to here what those hillbillies have to say,they pay to hear their music.

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
You can say what you want whether correct or not.

People are rarely afraid of lies or fabrications or exaggerations.

It is the truth that gets you into trouble though.

Sometimes it is not what you say but how many that could believe you that also cause problems.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Daz3d-n-Confus3d
You say we're stupid,and you can't even spell and?Hmm

Oh and another thing.They do have every right to say what they want about our president,the good thing about this great country is that we have the right NOT to listen to it.If thats censorship then so be it.Nobody wants to here what those hillbillies have to say,they pay to hear their music.

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by Daz3d-n-Confus3d]

sorry i dont know who u talked to in this message and i assume its not me..but talking about spelling, since u brought it up.....iam no native american but : Nobody wants to here what those hillbillies have to say...wants to here ? u must mean hear.....

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jozuph]

[Edited on 21-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 10:27 AM
link   
LoL....It was a joke,but you got me there.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Why did everyone freak out of what the dixie chicks said anyway? Has anyone heard of the band "NOFX", they have an entire albulm dedicated to speaking out against the president. It's called "The War On Errorism".
The cover has a picture of Mr. Bush as a clown on the front cover. No one even cared about that, but people burnt dixie chicks cd's and boycotted their albulms.That's pretty stupid. America is stupid.

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   
hahaha ive never heard of that before jabb.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
i have heard plenty of people slamming the present. i think that america should focus on more important issues

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join