It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kindergarten for Men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Kindergarten for men, so women shop in peace
A German bar has come up with the perfect answer for women who like to shop in peace without the stress of moaning partners - a kindergarten for men.

For a mere $11.80 a woman can dump her husband at the Noxbar in downtown Hamburg, while she can get on with her shopping.

The woman can shop till she drops in the city's attractive boutiques, while her man is kept fully occupied and amused at the play pen for grown ups.

The men are given a name badge and treated to a hot meal, two beers, televised football and games. Two trained 'nurses' are on hand to look after them. There are also plans in the pipeline to introduce miniature car racing.

The 'Maennergarten' has proved a big hit in Hamburg and could be the start of a whole new movement across Germany and the rest of the world, to take the stress out of shopping for both sexes.

Demand was very brisk in the first week of opening, no less than 27 women got rid of their partners there on Saturday. They are allowed leave the men there until 6 pm before collecting them to help carry the shopping home.

The idea for the men's cr�che came from a female customer who was too stressed shopping with her husband and wanted a way to shop in peace.

- October 7, 2003

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:16 PM
link   
HAHAHAHA

That's funny. Sounds like a good deal for the price though!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by parrhesia
HAHAHAHA

hehe yes, i rather like this idea, when i do get married i'll have to remember this

Maybe we could go into a partnership this would make Big Bucks in Canada!!! lol

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
**Coming soon to a mall near you!**

I wish..

I think it's a great Idea, although about any sporting goods store will do it for me.

BG

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

Originally posted by parrhesia
HAHAHAHA

hehe yes, i rather like this idea, when i do get married i'll have to remember this

Maybe we could go into a partnership this would make Big Bucks in Canada!!! lol

lol, ya, it is a good idea. there's nothing worse than going shoping with man who whines and moans about how long it's taking.

Sounds like a deal, we can go to the US, buy cheap bear, which is even better now with the dollar up. We can make big bucks! lol

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Genius!!! It's good to know that some parts of the world still know Men as Men without all the "Metrosexual Man" B.S.!!! I wish something like this would happen in the U.S. but even if it did it would probably be way more expensive for half the entertainment and feminists would have it shut down within a week. Great idea though!!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Sounds like a good deal, I'd let my woman drop me off there. But just for the record, we Canadian guys are not gonna want that cheap American beer.

These two nurses idea intrigues me. That could be good, or that could be very good.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
Sounds like a good deal, I'd let my woman drop me off there. But just for the record, we Canadian guys are not gonna want that cheap American beer.

These two nurses idea intrigues me. That could be good, or that could be very good.

You can buy Molson Canadian there cheaper, same alcohol content. Tastes the exact same

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
Are the women buxom?

I like the idea if they are.

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:00 AM
link   
or for 11.80 you can stay at home?

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:18 AM
link   
Our playplace is called ...Hooters

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   
We men like to shop too!!!

Sheesh!!!

We like footlocker, computer stores, electronics stores, hardware stores, book stores...
Just dump me there and I'll be happy...

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah i agree with TheBandit also music shops are good for me
But still i'd find it a bit degrading maybe thats just me, still im interested in the nurses too lol

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 11:53 AM
link   
It sounds like great fun, but only if the curriculum is strictly adhered to I mean, women may get too smart and powerful having graduated kindergarten and escalated to shopping. What a tough course!

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Anyone got pictures of the nurses? - purely for research reasons of course

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by riffraffalunas
Our playplace is called ...Hooters

thank you

new topics

top topics

join