It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chocolate Cake made easy with no animal fat!~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Hi all......

3 cups of Plain flour...
2 tsps of baking soda....
6 tbsps of Cocoa.....
1 tsp of salt...
2 cups of sugar....
3 tbsps of vinegar.....yes vinegar!
2 tsps vanilla....use real vanilla not immitation
3/4 cup oil(vegetable oil,corn oil or peanut oil is good.....use an oil that has not got much of a strong smell eg.no oliveoil.
2 cups of cold water..

Place Flour,soda,cocoa,salt and sugar into a large mixing bowl,make sure there is no lumps.....Add vinegar,vanilla,oil and water and mix well....
Pour mixture into a greased tin(using oil and baking paper if you like...dusted with plain flour)
tin size..9 by 13 inche baking pan....
Bake mixture at 350 degrees for around 45 minutes......or until a skewer(metal or wooden ) is inserted into the middle of the cake and comes out clean....no batter present on skewer....

Leave cake to cool.....around 15 to 20 minutes.....

To make icing for cake......
Place Icing sugar(fine powdered sugar) and cocoa into a bowl....add a little margarine(can use a milk free one bought from the supermarket)and mix using a little warm water into the mixture to make a smooth,creamy icing......test icing mixture by placing a bit of the mixture in the fridge a few minutes...for the right consistency and then spread on cake .......
Or alternatively use a sifter to sift plain icing sugar on cake or cocoa .....
Enjoy.....
helen........

[Edited on 11/19/2003 by helen670]
better?
helen..

[Edited on 12/7/2003 by helen670]

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
FYI: I think you meant it was a recipe for vegans. Vegans are the ones who will not consume anything that is from an animal (meat, eggs, milk etc..) Just thought I would let you know.

JAH

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by JustAnotherHologram
FYI: I think you meant it was a recipe for vegans. Vegans are the ones who will not consume anything that is from an animal (meat, eggs, milk etc..) Just thought I would let you know.

JAH

Yes, sorry bout that !

I will edit that!
thanks!

new topics

join