It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of people go to hell

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Anyone watch the new South Park tonight? LOL they had an episode about "The Mormons"...................it was quite funny.....

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:28 AM
link   
I made a similar comment to another post.

Why is the choice always God or no God, what if I do not want to include this in my way of thinking?

Why limit myself to only 2 choices? Heaven or Hell
blah, tunnel vision, look around there are many more choices.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:31 AM
link   
besides if 95 % goes to hell, then i would like to be there too hihi nice and crowdy, better then alone in heaven right..

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by mooseofterror

Why is the choice always God or no God, what if I do not want to include this in my way of thinking?

This is very true. I never saw your other post but I do understand where you're thinking is going. Similarly, if we expand on this same thought we have to consider to what degree "Choice" and "Freedom" are actually connected. The common belief in that there is no freedom without choices, but we also have realize that Choices themselves define the restrictive limits of our possibilities and therefor becomes more restrictive be setting such limits. Not having the ability to choose a course of action would mean the actions to be performed are forced and restricted. Yet it is only when we stop restricting and defining what is Possible and Impossible, giving up having to choose, that we are then allowed to take action which is Free from limitations. I think the same thinking could be used when explaining such things as God/Infinity/All/Everything/Nothing/etc.

As Lao Tzu put it, "The Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao."

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by mOjOm

Originally posted by mooseofterror

This is very true. I never saw your other post but I do understand where you're thinking is going. Similarly, if we expand on this same thought we have to consider to what degree "Choice" and "Freedom" are actually connected. The common belief in that there is no freedom without choices, but we also have realize that Choices themselves define the restrictive limits of our possibilities and therefor becomes more restrictive be setting such limits. Not having the ability to choose a course of action would mean the actions to be performed are forced and restricted. Yet it is only when we stop restricting and defining what is Possible and Impossible, giving up having to choose, that we are then allowed to take action which is Free from limitations. I think the same thinking could be used when explaining such things as God/Infinity/All/Everything/Nothing/etc.

As Lao Tzu put it, "The Tao that can be told is not the Eternal Tao."

i think like terrormoose said that there are many ways to and that there are many choices to choose from. Indeed mojom i think that when u choose u restrict yourself in your freedom, after the choice.. The point is the choice is free and we have the freedom to choose what we want..Also i believe the restricting of freedom is not so harsh, you can always choose something else

Like what was first, the chicken or the egg..like god or no god, thats a harsh restriction of freedom, not everything is black and white, we have a whole lott of colors.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
Like what was first, the chicken or the egg..like god or no god, thats a harsh restriction of freedom, not everything is black and white, we have a whole lott of colors.

I agree. In fact we not only have many Colors including such extremes as Black & White, but also No Color at all. Being empty of Color can be seen as having No Choice of Color (Limited, Restricted, No Choice), or it can be seen as Potential for any and all color imagined or beyond imagination (Unlimited, UnRestricted, Any & All Choices).

It is only when we have nothing, that we are able to possess everything.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:56 AM
link   
me like the way u think MO! u2 JO

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It is only when we have nothing, that we are able to possess everything. word mojom...by the way, awesome picture you have there..really dope.

But then when we posses something we dont have nothing no more...wich makes it hard to posses anything, if this also applies for knowledge the best is that we are all dumb and deaf...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:14 AM
link   
It is a known fact that when you condition a person to behave a certain way or believe a certain thing, it is much more effective and difficult to reverse if the person being conditioned is under stress or traumatic situation. Likewise, when the church wanted to manipulate it's followers to live and practice their specific doctrine, it told them about a place of unspeakable horrors that lasted an eternity, then it told them how they could avoid that terrifying place. The stress invoked by hearing of such a horrific afterlife, allowed the complete indoctrination of the church's followers, and has instilled such a strong fear of torture and condemnation that it is almost impossible to break through that conditioning. This is where the "don't question the Bible" and "because, the Bible says so" mentality comes from. It doesn't allow for logical and objective study of what the Bible says. The concept of an infinite, omnipotent, almighty God who knows all things, past, present and future, who would create creatures, knowing that the majority of them will spend eternity in pain and torment, is absurd. A God like that would have to be a sadist.

If God is infinite, the beginning and the end, then It is and contains EVERYTHING. This means everything that exists, including Hell, is just a piece of the infinite essence of God. In order for God to condemn anything or one to hell, God would have to condemn a part of Itself too. Since that is impossible, so then is Hell.

In my opinion, "Hell" is the death and destruction of our physical bodies, and "Heaven" is the rejoining of our spirit with the "One Spirit" or God. Therefore, "Satan" is our fleshly body which is destroyed by "Hell" or the decay, worms, and any other act of man or nature that returns us back to the dust of the Earth. Going to Heaven is the release of our spirit from it's physical prison, and the clutches of "Satan". God is love incarnate, and doesn't cause pain and torment, in this life or the afterlife. God is the spirit that we all possess, and our spirit, no matter how evil we may be as physical humans, cannot be corrupted.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
We are all guilty of sin, and NONE is worthy of heaven. That's why the Lord died.

but i thought jesus was ressurected?? if i could be ressurected then dieing would not even be a big deal...

I agree. Jesus went to the cross knowing full well that he was (supposedly) the son of God, or rather, God himself incarnate. His death would have actually been meaningless. He couldn't have actually suffered the way a human would have suffered, felt the fear, pain, anguish and confusion of ACTUAL death, knowing full well that he will rise and return to the heavens.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:28 AM
link   
Hi jezebel, so this spirit wich houses in our satanic bodys, does it do anything during our life ? I mean the spirit is good, still it make the body move in a satanic way u say..or better that my question, does this spirit control the body ? Or is the spirit just there, sittin to be released in heaven ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I like the way this guy thinks, this is for all you bible thumpers out there. I don't care anymore if God exists or not, but for those of you that can't questions your faith, have a read.

QUOTE:
Debate: "Does God Exist?"

October 23, 2001
War Memorial Hall
7:00 p.m.

Dr. Christopher diCarlo

Good evening and thank you for attending tonight's very topical debate. My purpose tonight is not to intentionally offend the religious views of anyone here since I know how personal and comforting religious beliefs can be to an individual. I was born, baptized and raised a Roman Catholic. I was an alter boy for five years during my youth and, at one time during pre-pubescence, considered what my life as a priest would be like. But then biology kicked in during adolescence and, finding no way to reconcile the celibacy/raging hormone issue, I pursued other options. So again, I wish to clearly state that it is not my intention to cause mental anguish or distress to any theists--Christian or otherwise. However, I have been given the task of arguing against the existence of God and this I intend to do quite convincingly.

www.cdicarlo.com...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Here are a few others, in the words of the original Masters!

Lao-Tzu
To the mind that is still, the whole universe surrenders.

To know yet to think that one does not know is best; Not to know yet to think that one knows will lead to difficulty
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Things are not what they appear to be: nor are they otherwise.
-Surangama Sutra
------------------------------------------------------------------------
A fool who recognises his own ignorance is thereby in fact a wise man, but a
fool who considers himself wise -- that is what one really calls a fool. - Gautama Buddha
------------------------------------------------------------------------
'I've got children', 'I've got wealth.' This is the way a fool brings suffering on himself. He does not even own himself, so how can he have children or wealth?
- Gautama Buddha

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Terrormoose.....Great link!!
The section titled "1. The Problem of Free Will".
These were the same types of questions and ideas that got Sunday School Teachers, Righteous Religious Know-It-All's, etc. pissed at me. What made it worse is that I wasn't trying to debunk their types of thinking, I was only a kid and simply looking for answers that they could not give. They say they have the answers and when you're young you believe them and so you listen and try to see the illusion as they see it. That is not to say that there are no lessons to be learned from "Judeo-Christian" Religions. One of my favorite Biblical References is something along the lines of "Having the Strength of Knowing!" Ever wonder how many people claim to Know their chosen Religion/God/etc. versus those who Believe their Church/Bible/Priest/etc.??

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Hi jezebel, so this spirit wich houses in our satanic bodys, does it do anything during our life ? I mean the spirit is good, still it make the body move in a satanic way u say..or better that my question, does this spirit control the body ? Or is the spirit just there, sittin to be released in heaven ?

I think that the spirit lends it's influence only if we allow it. If we allow ourselves to feel or hear the truth that our spirit gives us, and choose to heed that influence, then the resulting actions or thoughts are positive. If we choose to ignore or suppress the wisdom or will of our spiritual nature, and only heed the desires and nature of our bodies, the resulting actions or thoughts are negative. These actions will not affect our afterlife, but they will make our physical life unfulfilling and unhappy, for us and/or those around us. It doesn't even matter if you believe that there is a God or not. The One Spirit or God cannot reject a piece of itself from rejoining, since the spirit doesn't make the determination of whether or not to believe in God. The physical mind makes that call, based on whether or not it acknowledges or understands it's spiritual connection. The reason we are all born with morals, whether we are religious or not, is because we are all a part of the same spirit and we know, somewhere within us, that to do harm to another life is to do harm to your own. The more one overrides this sense, and the more desensitized we become to the pain of others, the further we get from being able to comprehend or believe in the spiritual nature of man.

For an example, the personal joy one receives from performing a completely selfless act which benefits another is a result of following one's "heart" or "spirit". To derive joy from causing pain to another, comes from following the nature of the flesh, i.e., seeking a rush of adrenaline from breaking an inborn rule.

It's very difficult to put into words, because they are so insufficient. The best way I can think of to explain it is, when you do something that makes your heart and/or the heart of others smile, you are heeding your spirit. When you do something that makes your heart and/or the heart of others hurt or become numb(suppressed) you are heeding the flesh.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by jezebel

I think that the spirit lends it's influence only if we allow it. If we allow ourselves to feel or hear the truth that our spirit gives us, and choose to heed that influence, then the resulting actions or thoughts are positive. If we choose to ignore or suppress the wisdom or will of our spiritual nature, and only heed the desires and nature of our bodies, the resulting actions or thoughts are negative. These actions will not affect our afterlife, but they will make our physical life unfulfilling and unhappy, for us and/or those around us. It doesn't even matter if you believe that there is a God or not. The One Spirit or God cannot reject a piece of itself from rejoining, since the spirit doesn't make the determination of whether or not to believe in God. The physical mind makes that call, based on whether or not it acknowledges or understands it's spiritual connection. The reason we are all born with morals, whether we are religious or not, is because we are all a part of the same spirit and we know, somewhere within us, that to do harm to another life is to do harm to your own. The more one overrides this sense, and the more desensitized we become to the pain of others, the further we get from being able to comprehend or believe in the spiritual nature of man.

For an example, the personal joy one receives from performing a completely selfless act which benefits another is a result of following one's "heart" or "spirit". To derive joy from causing pain to another, comes from following the nature of the flesh, i.e., seeking a rush of adrenaline from breaking an inborn rule.

It's very difficult to put into words, because they are so insufficient. The best way I can think of to explain it is, when you do something that makes your heart and/or the heart of others smile, you are heeding your spirit. When you do something that makes your heart and/or the heart of others hurt or become numb(suppressed) you are heeding the flesh.

TO me it makes much more sence if u leave out the spirit and the satanic named body. Then its just good human sense and moral that makes us do what we do. Did u know that also in nature there are species that do completely selfless acts which benefits another ? From bacteria to hihger organism. I dont know if they have a joyfull feeling after doing so but there are even those that would die for the other..Theres a evolutionarie term for it and also an theory wich i dont wanna post here now. But does this mean for u this spirit is in every living organism ? Or are only humanoids havin this spirit ? Why doesnt the spirit prevend certain 'bad' things the body does for instance ?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   

TO me it makes much more sence if u leave out the spirit and the satanic named body. Then its just good human sense and moral that makes us do what we do. Did u know that also in nature there are species that do completely selfless acts which benefits another ? From bacteria to hihger organism. I dont know if they have a joyfull feeling after doing so but there are even those that would die for the other..Theres a evolutionarie term for it and also an theory wich i dont wanna post here now. But does this mean for u this spirit is in every living organism ? Or are only humanoids havin this spirit ? Why doesnt the spirit prevend certain 'bad' things the body does for instance ?

I've been using the Biblical terms so that people can understand that the titles of Satan, Hell, Heaven, etc. could all be metaphors rather than literal. I believe that the Bible, just like Buddhism, Hinduism, etc. contains truth, but has been distorted by people with ulterior motives. In order to find the truth, one must compare all of the teachings available and find the common truth which they all share.

Yes I do believe that the spirit exists within everything. It must in order for anything to exist. I believe that animals, bugs, and all organisms act only in accordance with their spirit, because they cannot comprehend immorality. They just are, they flow with their spirit, rather than fighting against it and as such, they cannot separate themselves from the spirit, like humans have.

The reason why the spirit doesn't prevent us from doing bad things is because we don't listen to it. The spirit's power is secondary to the physical body's power. That voice in your head, when you are about to do something wrong or stupid, otherwise known as the "conscience" or "gut" is the voice of the spirit trying to protect you from pain. It is our choice to ignore or heed that warning. Man's choice to ignore it rather than listen to it, is what has gotten the world into the mess that it is in today.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 08:46 AM
link   
So an all-knowing God would create a fundamentally flawed human being with the knowledge that 95% of his creations are off to hell?
Doesn't sound like good economic labor to me.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
thx for your answers jezebel, i apriciate it

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I find it funny that some people who are spouting about god and judgement and all that have pagan and satanic images in their name areas....I find that kind of ironic. How does god feel about you sporting a pentagram for a signature? Nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join