It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

95% of people go to hell

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:21 PM
link   
if we judge by God's rules, everyone today sins enough to go to hell, and if that is so, the hell must be gaining a big strength

what you think

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by CyberGhost
if we judge by God's rules, everyone today sins enough to go to hell, and if that is so, the hell must be gaining a big strength

what you think

Wow, I suppose for once you can classify my as 'normal' in something

Yeah, probably true. God will have to start grading on a curve, otherwise he's going to get very lonely indeed.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Yeah, probably true. God will have to start grading on a curve, otherwise he's going to get very lonely indeed.

No, he'll just have to dumb down the test enough so that everyone can pass. (see the forum on watered down children)

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass

No, he'll just have to dumb down the test enough so that everyone can pass. (see the forum on watered down children)

I don't think he grades intelligence, I think he grades on quality of life.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
In Greek -- the language in which the New Testament was written -- the word for "sin" is "amartia," which literally means "to miss the mark." For Christians, the "mark" for which we strive is to live in communion with God, basing our lives and actions on the life and actions of Jesus Christ; hence, when we "miss this mark" we sin.

The Church Fathers further acknowledge that sin is a personal power or force that has usurped the government of the world as created by God and has tainted creation after the Fall of Adam.
Jesus Christ took on our nature and entered into the world in order to deliver mankind,
through His death and resurrection,
from this force and its consequences, the chief of which is death.

Orthodox Christians believe that sin may be voluntary or involuntary and conscious or unconscious and that sin is always personal in nature, leaving each person to account for what he or she has done or left undone.

God is everywhere, filling all things -- including the lives of those who have failed to live in accordance with His precepts and even in those who are blatantly evil.
As Christ Himself says, God allows the sun to shine and the rain to fall on the good and evil alike, and all are God's children, His creation, worthy of being saved, even if they have yet to "work out [their] own salvation."

In the Orthodox Church, we understand that regardless of how sinful we become, even after being born again through water and the Spirit, we always have the possibility to repent, to change our direction and our vision and our hearts.
Those "who have eyes, but refuse to see" and those "who have ears, but refuse to listen," we must remember, have not had their eyes plucked out or their ears cut off; they can indeed see and hear, yet they choose not to.
They can, however, repent and open their eyes and their ears, should they choose to respond to God's lovingkindness, mercy and forgiveness. In the Gospel of the Prodigal Son, we see the extent of our heavenly Father's forgiveness. The son "came to his senses"

www.oca.org...

Yes everyone sins....but to truly repent is what Christianity is about.....
There is no sin that cannot be forgiven if one trulyrepents of it!
helen...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:34 PM
link   
Im just wondering where did you get your statistics from? 95% seems like an awfully high number to roast for all eternity.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
We will be judged according to God's commandments. Have you ever stolen? Have you ever lied? etc. . If you've broken one of these rules basically your going to hell.
Of course we have all broken these commandments, but that was the whole point of Jesus dieing. He never sinned, but died for ours, in our place. And if we believe that, we will be pardoned from God's judgement.

As for 95% of us going to hell, Jesus did say this:

Luke 18:8
when the Son of Man comes, will He really find faith on the earth?"
(NKJ)

Of course this is my opinion and how I understand it.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:44 PM
link   
I agree, that is an awfully high number.

Nice post helen.

Peace,
BG

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Hell is a Myth created by evil controlling human beings. Everyone Sins, in God's eyes not one sin is 'worse' than another. He forgave us when he died on the cross.

-Jesus said this: If i be lifted up from the earth, will draw 'all' men unto me. either he rose again or he didn't. If he didn't then he was a complete con man, and if he in fact did rise from the dead then he was obliged to fulfill his own statement of drawing 'all men' unto himself.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:36 PM
link   
...forgiven.

Those in Hell are those who unfortunately fail to accept the gift of Grace. The good news is that it's never too late to do so.

Prayer is constant and never ceasing - Praying is when we stop and pay attention to the conversation already taking place with God in our hearts.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I'm sorry but, to say that God only loves and accepts those who love and accept him are allowed to live in his never ending merciful love, is wrong. God loved us first it says, and i dont know about you guys but I would love my kids regardless of anything they did to me. That to me is Real Unconditional and Godly Love.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   
...Sapphire. I just happen to believe Hell is a self-imposed fate. What I was trying to convey is that we condemn ourselves to eternal misery by not recognizing that God's Grace has always been there - - no strings attached. We need only accept it.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AlwaysRight
...Sapphire. I just happen to believe Hell is a self-imposed fate. What I was trying to convey is that we condemn ourselves to eternal misery by not recognizing that God's Grace has always been there - - no strings attached. We need only accept it.

Cool ... i knew that
and yes its true hell is failing to understand that God has always been here for us

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Cyber who are you to judge?. There is only ONE worthy of judging......and I know your not the one. Let's keep that up to the Lord.

We are all guilty of sin, and NONE is worthy of heaven. That's why the Lord died.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by glan
Cyber who are you to judge?. There is only ONE worthy of judging......and I know your not the one. Let's keep that up to the Lord.

We are all guilty of sin, and NONE is worthy of heaven. That's why the Lord died.

It says he "Jesus" was Judged FOR our Sins he Became Sin for Us that we would become Worthy of God.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   
there is not only master jesus who came to help us, there is many other avatars, but if we take the 10 commandments, it's not because you failed one or many of those that you'll go to hell
God loves and forgives unconditionnally those who have good willing and open mindness

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

It says he "Jesus" was Judged FOR our Sins he Became Sin for Us that we would become Worthy of God.

I agree Sapphire, and it also says he came as the lamb, BUT will come back as the Lion (To judge man).

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by glan]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
This isn't exactly a serious answer yet there is some truth to it as well. I'll be quoting Bill Hicks the once great Philosopher/Comedian/TruthSeeker who's passed on to greater places.

"If given the choice between Eternal Hell and Rock and Roll or Eternal Heaven and New Kids on the Block. I guess you'll find me surfin' the lake of fire listening to good tunes and High Fivin' Satan as I pass him on the shore."

On a more serious note, I'm questioning your math on that percentage as well. I'm not sure there are even 95% of the Religious Population that have Hell or Similar Version within their Faith. There are still quite a few other beliefs out there that do not include Hell or other forms of Eternal suffering from Judgement. I'd ask for a recount!

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sapphire

I agree Sapphire, and it also says he came as the lamb, BUT will come back as the Lion (To judge man).

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by glan]

Yes it does say that, however, it also makes no sense because it contradicts what Jesus already did. Jesus was Judged for Us before we were yet sinners so why is it he's coming back to re-judge us?? That would be like handing someone a gift and then taking it back again

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 12:37 AM
link   

but i thought jesus was ressurected?? if i could be ressurected then dieing would not even be a big deal...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join