It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So this is whate were doing in the south pole

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
www.sciencedaily.com...

So this is what they say were doing in the south pole, interesting, testing for cosmic rays. Oh yes! let me hurry off to test!

Oh and why do we own Alaska? It makes no sense!, actually it does, we own a huge hunk of land nobody lives in away from the country, gee no better place for secluded non-suspecting military projects.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass
Oh and why do we own Alaska? It makes no sense!, actually it does, we own a huge hunk of land nobody lives in away from the country, gee no better place for secluded non-suspecting military projects.

Owning Alaska made a lot of sense from a strategic standpoint during the Cold War.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Isn't there a lot of oil, gas, gold and other mineral in Alaska?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Yea there is, but not a lot.
and its all in ANWR (alaska national wild refuge)

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by omega1]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Yeah, there's alot of controversy around that south pole stuff...I'll tell you what I know/think.

Alot of people think that the people we have down there now are actually working out of an old German base from the post-WWII era, when it was suspected that several dozen missing U-boats had gone there. Skip to a year later, we get Operation High-Jump, which was a US-Led attack on the south pole, kept for the most part secret from the general public, by my understanding.

Thats when alot of US 'Scientific Study'' missions began to visit the south pole, and even live there...From my supposition, the south pole station is merely a cover....for the huge underground base there. To be honest, what better place would there be to test secret craft than a place where the only witnesses would be polar bears?

So yes, i believe that the US attacked the south pole in 1946, to clear out the Nazis, and then they claimed the Nazi base there for themselves, and there's a whole lot that goes on there we don't know about. Thoughts?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
...slant drill ANWR.

I'm adding this sentence because the automated "post-checker" said, "...slant drill ANWR," was too short.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Alaska has the largest oil field in all of North America at Prudhoe Bay. Alaska accounts for 25% of the US's oil production.

I think that alone is enough reason to have Alaska.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
hell it was a bargin anyway... what wasnt it just like 17 million or something like that

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I thought there was some controversy over us "owning" Alaska, anybody recall this?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't know about controversy, the US got it really cheap, like 2 cents an acre. The grand total was $7.2million. Much of the people thought it was a waste of money at the time, it obviously wasn't.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I guess I was wrong

History of Alaska

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   
This thread is about the south pole, folks. Not about ANWR, alaska, or anything in the general area of the NORTH POLE.

That is all..

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

Yea there is, but not a lot.
and its all in ANWR (alaska national wild refuge)

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by omega1]

No, there's a hell of a lot of oil and natural gas in alaska, but there's a lot more under ANWR. Alaska is one of the lrgest oil producers on the North American continent. My mom's a CPA for a petroleum company.

top topics

join