It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sellafield Walkout/Terrorist Threat, An Interesting Coincidence?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Something of interest has come to my attention (bearing in mind that 50% of this is speculation). On 15th November (Last saturday) Britains security services reportedly raised the terror alert to "Severe General" (the second highest level on the scale)
www.guardian.co.uk...

Just under 3 hours later, the staff at Britains "Sellafield" nuclear power plant staged a mass walkout over a pay dispute which came almost out of nowhere.

politics.guardian.co.uk...,

If I was working in what would be a devastating (therefore automatically appealing) target for a terrorist attack, I wouldn't want to stick around either.
This, coupled with the amount of trouble the world has experienced with it's power supplies/suppliers over the past few months, leads me to believe that there may be more to this than meets the eye.

If there was indeed a "specific threat" (or just a good old-fasioned cover up job ), what better way to evacuate such a dangerous building high on the target list without causing mass panic, than to stage a mass walk out due to a dispute over pay?

I'll say again, this is 50% speculation but that's how theories are created, by being thought about...
Any feedback?

posted on Nov, 21 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
sorry, I don't see it.
The guardian article posted about the strike was on 14th September. The Terror Alert status was changed on 15th November. there are other reports on the net about staged walkouts etc, but many of them pre-date the Terror Alert Status.
sorry for raining on ur parade m8.

[Edited on 21/11/03 by funlovincriminal]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 01:09 PM
link   
No worries mate, i did say it could be rubbish... Just thought i'd try and contribute. It's contribution that keeps this wonderfull place alive!

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by tandino]

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by tandino
. It's contribution that keeps this wonderfull place alive!

[Edited on 24-11-2003 by tandino]

too true mate, too true

top topics

join