It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Handguns

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I would also go with the HK Mk23 made for socom.

In August 1991, Heckler & Koch, Inc. and Colt's Manufacturing Company were awarded contracts with the US Special Operations Command (USSOCOM) for the development of an Offensive Handgun Weapon System (OHWS). USSOCOM directs the activities of some of America's most elite military units, including the Navy SEALs, Air Force Special Operations Wing, and the Army Green Berets, Rangers, and Special Operations Aviation. The "OHWS" consists of three components: a .45 caliber pistol, a laser aiming module (LAM), and a sound and flash suppressor.

From Mark23.com

Comes equipped with knights armament suppressor:

and laser light aiming module:

Specifications
Caliber : .45 ACP
Action type: linkless
Weight: 2.30 lbs, 1.1kg
Length: 9.6 inches, 24.4cm
Length (w/suppressor): 16.65 inches, 42.3cm
Width: 1.50 inches, 3.88cm
Rifling: polygonal bore, right hand twist
Trigger pull (S/A): ~4.50 lbs
Trigger pull (D/A): ~11 lbs
Barrel Threads: 16x1mm RH

Additional Information
Vo : 270 m/s (M1911 230 gr. ball), 348 m/s (+P 185 gr. JHP)
Eo : 545 Joule (M1911 230 gr. ball), 725 Joule (+P 185 gr. JHP)
Parts: 68
Effective Range: 50m
Maxiumum Range: 1341 m (M1911 ball)
Weight Loaded: 1460 g (3.21 lb)
Construction Year: 1991/92
Production Year: 1996

The tests which had to be successfully passed included the following:
30,000-round endurance firing test with +P ammunition
Tests at extreme temperatures +163,4�F/-58�F
96-h salt spray test mist test
Sand, dust, sludge test
96-h salt spray test
Harshest drop test
Maximum accuracy and precision
Special features :

Buffer system for minimised recoil forces
Either-handed safety lever and magazine release
Separate decocking lever on the left side
Extremely corrosion-resistant coating of all metal components
Polygon barrel hard-chrome plated internally.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is more of a question than a contribution but here it goes anyway.

I'm in the market for a new carry/target handgun and I have narrowed my search down to two possibilities.

1: Sig P229s

or

2: Glock 23

I'm going with the S&W .40 for either one.

Anyone have any experience with either (good or bad)?

Thanks

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
This is more of a question than a contribution but here it goes anyway.

I'm in the market for a new carry/target handgun and I have narrowed my search down to two possibilities.

1: Sig P229s

or

2: Glock 23

I'm going with the S&W .40 for either one.

Anyone have any experience with either (good or bad)?

Thanks

the sig

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
To me hands down the 1911A colt 45

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
To me hands down the 1911A colt 45

I hear ya

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 05:41 PM
link   
The best, Colt 1911 .45!

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I'd have to agree with FULCRUM on the High Power
i have 3, 2 chambered for 9mm and one in the .40. The Nines kick mucho butt. Dont like the .40 as much though. once i get my concealed carry permit i will def be packing the 9.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:13 PM
link   
hey WebDevil...nice topic. The best handgun depends on it's intended purpose and the user. I carried a range of different sidearms in the service like the 9mm barretta 92sfand walther p7, .45 1911 mod. , 357 colt python. I now carry a sig/sauer p228 9mm as my current sidearm.

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This is for Fry2...the sig is made from all metal components, nothing to brake or crack from time and wear, basic all around superb combat pistol, i carry a 228 right now for work.

the glock is lighter in weight yes but has plastic, the handle is at an angle which is greater than the normal hand postion forcing you to hold it unnaturaly. But still a good weapon......

I would go with the sig.....have fun...be safe

posted on Dec, 31 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Smith & Wesson Third Generation Pistols

the series appeared in 1989 and consists of models in 9mm Parabellum, 10mm Auto, .40 Smith & Wesson and .45 ACP calibres. They are identified by a numbering system, the first two digits indicating the calibre, teh third indicating features such as compact size or the presence of a decocking lever, and the final figure the material and finish. Thus the 4043 is a .40 S&W with double action only and an alloy frame with stainless steel slide. The Model 1076 was a special 10mm model developed for the FBI.

Thats all out of Jane's GUNS recognition guide published 1996. If you could see the picture in the guide you'd know why. It looks so smooth, sleek, and professional. The rubber hand grip along with it. Maybe you could find it.

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Both by Colt, the Colt .45, or the Colt Peacemaker

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:11 PM
link   
If I wore a gun for a living it would be a either be a custom 1911 or any Sig 9mm -.45 acp. If you want to buy a solid, accurate, reliable stock gun, the Sig's are superb weapons. They also seem to aim naturally. I love mine.

Variable

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
all sigs are more accurate than any other out of the box. that is all I have ever carried. they ran a test on one a couple year's ago in a magazine and they went thru 10,000 round's with out a problem. I will try to find the link.
www.galleryofguns.com...

[Edited on 20-4-2004 by cherokee]

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
The desert eagle is overrated, with the insane recoil you would be lucky to get in some follow up shots at a decent speed. You would be better off with a 9mm or 10mm which has more rounds, lightweight, it is controlable (some have burst modes), and still does alot of damage.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I carried a Sig P-220 .45 Auto for years and never had a single complaint or malfunction, but one of my instructors allowed me to run through a qualification course with his Glock 21 .45ACP. My accuracy improved slightly and I shaved quite a bit off my time even though I had never fired one before. Since then I have become devoted to my Glock 21 and 19 (9mm). The Glocks have also performed flawlessly just like the Sig.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
klochs are nice the colt 45 is just for heavy fights and well kicking ass

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 01:17 AM
link   
My favorate gun of all time is the Browning Highpower. There is nothing like its feel and heft. It just about aimed itself.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I prefer (and carry) the colt .45 it is the most EFFECTIVE
handgun for "one shot stops" hands down. its ammo is readily available worldwide, and it will do anyshooting job a handgun is needed for...if you want more you need a rifle....I have a 9mm high power and on numerous occasions it required multiple shots (read-MANY) shots to stop the target...the drawback to the Desert Eagle is its like having a Harley strapped to your waist...but hey you can cancel the membership to the gym!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
HK40 is nice, HK 45 is good too, 9 mil is weak

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 08:31 PM
link   
i would have to say the usp 45, in case there was an invasion or anything like that, i would always keep that close to me, and the first thing im gonan do when im 21, is go to the local gun store and get me one of those, and if i was to get a submachine gun i woudl get the HK smg 2, nice looking gun and ofcourse the ump 45

www.project-x.org.uk..." target='_blank' class='tabOff'/>

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join