It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man goes into Hibernation!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Tokyo Man Goes Into Hibernation

"TOKYO — A man who went missing in western Japan survived in near-freezing weather without food and water for over three weeks by falling into a state similar to hibernation, doctors said.

Mitsutaka Uchikoshi had almost no pulse, his organs had all but shut down and his body temperature was 71 degrees Fahrenheit when he was discovered on Rokko mountain in late October, said doctors who treated him at the nearby Kobe City General Hospital. He had been missing for 24 days."

This is amazing, there is still so much more to learn from the human body and its incredible ability to adapt and survive.

[edit on 21-12-2006 by super70]

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 10:48 AM
link   

The world has really been turned on its head when it is discovered that man is capable of hibernation and bears forget to do so...

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I KNEW THAT WAS POSSIBLE! I swear I feel like hibernating sometimes, especially in winter and there's hardly any sun outside. This is just cool now that they have hard evidence for it.
Who knows, from what I've read, hibernating could possibly reek of many benefits, health wise and such.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I believe all mammals have the basic ability to hibernate. It's just dormant in us most of the time.

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I KNEW THAT WAS POSSIBLE! I swear I feel like hibernating sometimes, especially in winter and there's hardly any sun outside.

Totally hear you...saw the lizard in your avatar...if there are such thing as reptilians (i.e. aliens, etc.) then I might be from the lizard clan as i abhor cold weather.

By the way, was good to read the post, seems like some "martial art" technique you would read about in some old G.I. Joe comic as a kid with storm-shadow. (? right character?
)

Cool none the less

Peace

dAlen

posted on Dec, 21 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Actually a good number of reptiles hibernate. Snakes and lizards in colder temperatures will often hibernate beneath the soil, rocks or in caves all through winter.

And yes! I HATE cold weather, but I love snow because I go snow mobiling in the mountains. It's a love/hate thing in the northwest.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:18 PM
link   
It's good news for the "space ark" colonization projects involving trips that would last several generations and are not meant to be round trips. They're thinking about inducing hybernation states with hormones.

posted on Dec, 29 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Man goes into Hibernation!

Is man switching places with animals?

bears have stopped hibernating

source: www.abovetopsecret.com...

Odd, that.

top topics

join