It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Face transplants Face off becomes real

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:14 PM
link   
The Royal College of Surgeons of England has urged doctors not to carry out face transplants.
BBC News Online examines whether the procedure is likely to go ahead and what it would involve.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That's crazy, while I don't think I would do it, I'm not really in the position to say.
At the same time, though, it would be really interesting to see the results.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
just think tho all those drug lords and such get get a new face

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SE7EN
just think tho all those drug lords and such get get a new face

ya, i'm sure that would make it a lot easier for people who need to change their looks. drastically.
You have to wonder, if it is done and is sucessful, how wide spread it would become.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
seems like the same type of arguments used when the first heart transplants were carried out.. but no doubt will soon go ahead anyway even if its just to see if they can. I can understand the medical point about rejection for not being used but not the pyscological... they say they dont think they would look very much like the dead person, but then say how would the donors family feel seeing the face of the dead relative walking around ?

to me dosent seem much more than an elaborate skin craft, which the skin can do no more than take the shape of the framework behind it.

but hey! who knows

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:01 PM
link   
if there in whitness protection programme there family or the dead persons face family isn't going to see them are they

but for medical purpose like a badly burnt face i hope it works and i think its a good idea

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Does face transprant include just transplanting skin or muscles or something more complicated?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
look at the link the basic is the face and some how with grafting the face to the muscels combined with drugs you got a new face

top topics

join