It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

And Evolution is OUT of the Picture!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
ditto, Zzub

and Johnny, thats a good quick explaination, but the problem is some people who are against the theory of evolution just don't like the fact we aren't connected to god as was written in the bible and other such texts.. I'm not saying you're wrong.. but we live in a world where on one side people believe that humans were created by an evolution (step by step) growth and the other side believe what comes from religion. Its a rather controversial subject :/

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Maybe ord DNA was somehow altered by the aliens... Even if that's true, they had to modify another genome of a creature from this planet to create us. So, they chose apes...
ALIENS HAD TO EVOLVE TOO!!!!

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
the problem with evolution being fake is it shows up everywhere in patterns i mean. I beleive in everything being the same, meaning everything follows the same basic laws, so if people evolve, time evolves, theories evolve, everything evolves. hmmm i just don't know one of those things about being human.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrRadicalEd
ditto, Zzub

and Johnny, thats a good quick explaination, but the problem is some people who are against the theory of evolution just don't like the fact we aren't connected to god as was written in the bible and other such texts.. I'm not saying you're wrong.. but we live in a world where on one side people believe that humans were created by an evolution (step by step) growth and the other side believe what comes from religion. Its a rather controversial subject :/

But I like it...
Let us have the fun of an innocent argue

Wasn't the Bible (hey, I AM christian!) sopposed to be treated methaforically? The seven days from Genesis weren't days, they should be treated as millions of years of processes, wich were started by God's word. And we finally were created by one of the processes. Shouldn't the evolution be treated as a process wich's laws were stated by the Allmighty? I always thought that this is the way to make the creationalism and evolutionism make up.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
It was supposed to be metaphorical, but noone takes it as that. If Jesus said a true christian could hold a snake without fear of being bitten then we should go around handling snakes! Goodness.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:12 PM
link   
But there's the snake handlers that do that!

>>sopposed to be treated methaforically?

So, the whole thing can be taken with a pinch of salt?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:14 PM
link   
what if, the whole thing with the bible was just a story made up by somebody who believed in the whole evolution thing. Maybe they had a hard time explaining it to people, and they wanted to have some fun with it, so they turned it into a story of how we came here.Not that it actually happened, personally, i don't really take a side, i'm more stuck in the middle of things. Just a thought while reading the posts.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:16 PM
link   
I personally liked the version where Jesus, Mary Magdalene and Paul went out to recreate an egyptian religion, somebody posted their source on the many many similarities between christianity and this religion, so many it was quite ironic.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by PhantomRoyce
what if, the whole thing with the bible was just a story made up by somebody who believed in the whole evolution thing. Maybe they had a hard time explaining it to people, and they wanted to have some fun with it, so they turned it into a story of how we came here.Not that it actually happened, personally, i don't really take a side, i'm more stuck in the middle of things. Just a thought while reading the posts.

stuck in the middle, take a stand man

dont really get it, the bible and evolution..doesnt the one contradict the other ? first humans then a long time no humans, then evolution..and humans again..i go for the story without humans in the first ple..evolution..

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
What evolution theorists will not touch is the issue of how matter became "self-animated," because they simply don't know. For that they will have to solve the mind/body problem, which means scrapping the materialistic theory of consciousness.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
If evolution were completely true, we would all be exactly the same, we would put 200 people in 1 room and they would all draw the exact same thing unless one got sick and threw up. But still, it would be so uniform, if evolution is true, than it would have to have been iniated or controled by something of a higher power.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helioform
What evolution theorists will not touch is the issue of how matter became "self-animated," because they simply don't know. For that they will have to solve the mind/body problem, which means scrapping the materialistic theory of consciousness.
I don't exactly know, but I always thought it was simple oceanic chemical reactions that eventually began to get more and more complex over time until eventually the reactions reacted as if they were alive. Which then paved the way for single celled organisms.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
1:26
And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

1:27
So God created man in his own image, in the image of God created he him; male and female created he them.

I dont even know what to say here. Your bible is not a history book. It is far from it. If you took everything out of the bible literally, I would take everything out of your mouth as a joke. We know evolution occurs. We know why. We know how. WE know dinosaurs existed. Just because people who did not have the technology to understand DNA, or to unearth finds of such magnitude were not around when your bible was written, does not mean that evolution does not exist. It does not mean that dinosaurs do not exist. It does not mean we didnt evolve from apes. All that means is that they were wrong. WE have learned better over the many years since the bible and other such texts were written. The slowest zebra is the one who will get caught by the tiger. Those slow genes will not be passed on. Each generation is closer to perfect, though they may never get there. It is painfully obvious, and we can certainly take it for fact. Now, we may not have evolved from apes though I find it likely that we did:

sc.msn.com...]X]2]1`][L7,JSPSG.jpg

(if that isnt proof i dont know what is haha)

We could have evolved from something else. We did evolve though. Just because creationalism is wrong doesn't rule out a god either. If people payed attention to why we believe in god, rather than closing their minds to everything, they would realize this. We believe in gods as humans because we don't understand everything. Even with evolution, we cannot explain what makes something alive. We can not know for sure what created it all. That is why we have gods, because we dont understand everything. Whether they are real or not is irrelevant in this discussion though. The fact of the matter is that people refuse to see the truth because they are too lazy to think for themselves.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Helioform

Well, quantum physics will explain all that to us... Everything... Someday...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Evolution does occur. We may not have evolved from Apes, but that does not mean that evolution does not still occur.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by heelstone
I don't exactly know, but I always thought it was simple oceanic chemical reactions that eventually began to get more and more complex over time until eventually the reactions reacted as if they were alive. Which then paved the way for single celled organisms.

I love the way you wrote it

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

I would like to refer back to myself what i said earlier, what they put in that soup, they know for a fact DID not exhist at the time, but they don't tell you that in biology do they?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass
If evolution were completely true, we would all be exactly the same, we would put 200 people in 1 room and they would all draw the exact same thing unless one got sick and threw up. But still, it would be so uniform, if evolution is true, than it would have to have been iniated or controled by something of a higher power.

in evolution theres enough room for variation, actually thats the thriving force behind evolution so being all the same doenst make sence..if the bible would be true we would all be the same

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph

Originally posted by outsidethemilkglass

in evolution theres enough room for variation, actually thats the thriving force behind evolution so being all the same doenst make sence..if the bible would be true we would all be the same

That was a brillian point.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 03:31 PM
link   

sc.msn.com...]X]2]1`][L7,JSPSG.jpg

(if that isnt proof i dont know what is haha)

nice nice nice

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join