It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pearl Harbor.... Did the US know it was coming?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I recently realized that I had not read anything about the Pearl Harbor "tradgedy" here on ATS.

When I was a teen, I was watching an old war movie with my dad about pearl harbor ( dont' remember which one) anyway, my dad tells me, " you know son, we knew this was coming and no one did nothing about it.

I asked him why, he told me, who knows why, but someone had thier reasons. I never really though much about it then, but now that I'm older and really wanting to be "involved" in all conspiracy research and projects, this one came to mind.

So, I thought I would come to you guys to see the different opinions and views.

I did a quick search for Pearl Harbor as a conspiracy and found this web site. It is pretty interesting. I don't know how accurate it is. I plan on studying the actual events leading up to and including the dredful attack and then I'm going to study it from another angle, as a conspiracy.

(hope this works)

www.geocities.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Much as the 09.11.01 tragedy. It was allowed to happen to bring the citizenry of the U.S. into a mode for war. Every unwitting person involved on 12.07.41 and 09.11.01 were made martyrs to stoke the fires of war.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Of course they knew. They even publically admitted it in the national News.

they did it because European powers wanted us involved in the war, where as the American public was dead set against any involvement in what was viewed as another "stupid european ethnic conflict".

the only way to get us into the war was to convince Americans that they were being attacked. Since Hitler was a little too Busy to attack us, that Left the Japanese, who had nothing between them and Hawaii.

A scenario repeated more than 60 years later in New York, this time, with muslim players.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Don't forget the experimental radar that was being used that saw the incomming planes. The US could have launched fighters to intercept and limit the damage. But they did not, higher ups ignored the blips on radar and told the operators it was a problem with their radar. Low and behold, they were right, there were incomming fighters/bombers.

How things could have been different. But I dont think the bombs dropped on Japan would have been dropped if a majority of the ships in Pearl survived.

At least they did no get the carriers.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   
good point Crayon...

what if the attack had been less damaging ?
less lives lost, less ships lost.
would that have been enough to pull us into war ?

Would we have responded with the "big one" ?

good point.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by crayon
Don't forget the experimental radar that was being used that saw the incomming planes. The US could have launched fighters to intercept and limit the damage. But they did not, higher ups ignored the blips on radar and told the operators it was a problem with their radar. Low and behold, they were right, there were incomming fighters/bombers.

How things could have been different. But I dont think the bombs dropped on Japan would have been dropped if a majority of the ships in Pearl survived.

At least they did no get the carriers.

i was talking to a WW2 vet bout Pearl Harbor, and he said, over the years the vets talked the truth, and

with the radar, they were "told to be" expecting some planes (friendly) to test out the radar. Man were they hoodwinked.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I heard a story about a college student who was pretty much normal, but then one day started flipping out and painting "Pearl Harbor" and "December 7" everywhere about a week or two before the attack. He was arrested for vandalism and I think he tried to attack a teacher. I can't remember any other information about this story, so I doubt it has any significance.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
I recently realized that I had not read anything about the Pearl Harbor "tradgedy" here on ATS.

When I was a teen, I was watching an old war movie with my dad about pearl harbor ( dont' remember which one) anyway, my dad tells me, " you know son, we knew this was coming and no one did nothing about it.

I asked him why, he told me, who knows why, but someone had thier reasons. I never really though much about it then, but now that I'm older and really wanting to be "involved" in all conspiracy research and projects, this one came to mind.

So, I thought I would come to you guys to see the different opinions and views.

I did a quick search for Pearl Harbor as a conspiracy and found this web site. It is pretty interesting. I don't know how accurate it is. I plan on studying the actual events leading up to and including the dredful attack and then I'm going to study it from another angle, as a conspiracy.

(hope this works)

www.geocities.com...

I looked at the site. The info's good. And yes. Yet another episode of lying us into war. Same shyte, different day.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Ah..the radar scandal of Pearl Harbor..if only the Enquirer was around..

I believe they did admit they knew..so this should answer the question to your thread. Good thing we got involved in the war too, because Hitler and the Nazi Party would have conquered more land, most of the world maybe...

-wD

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
It has been said that British consulate in Japan informed Churchill who didn't pass it on owing to the fact he needed the USA in the war.
Smacks of 9/11
Saddam or Bin Laden caught / produced just before next years election?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Guys, the same shyte happened as was the case in 9-11. Take a few links out of the chain momentarily and block the flow of information. FDR kept knowledge of the attack under cover because he knew the American people would be sufficiently outraged. Hence, we would join the war that we otherwise would not have.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 02:59 PM
link   
okay.... so the majority of us believe that the US knew the attacks were coming.

I wonder why no one spoke up. I mean I know that some of the soldiers/airmen who were radar operators told thier commanders, and then were ordered to ignore it and not to speak of it, but surely someone would have done something else? I wonder what happened to those people ?

I just hate to think that US citizens, military personell at that, would obey an order to be quiet about something that would "harm" so many.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   

okay.... so the majority of us believe that the US knew the attacks were coming.

I wonder why no one spoke up. I mean I know that some of the soldiers/airmen who were radar operators told thier commanders, and then were ordered to ignore it and not to speak of it, but surely someone would have done something else? I wonder what happened to those people ?

I just hate to think that US citizens, military personell at that, would obey an order to be quiet about something that would "harm" so many.

Have you ever been in the military?

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Hey, it happened on 09.11.01, and its the same deal with extraterrestrial visitation. Those in the know do not talk. Why? Either out of a sense duty, desperation, or threats on their lives or their family's lives.

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I still don't believe that the US knew about Sept 11th.
at least the exact date and exactly what would happen.

I think that we knew something was coming, but not what eventually happened.

I still think that if I was put in the situation, I would try to warn or tell as many people as possible, I might die, but I'd die trying.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:11 PM
link   
Few are truly "in-the-know." And among those who are, many are black-mailed or just plain political whores.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I still don't believe that the US knew about Sept 11th.
at least the exact date and exactly what would happen.

I think that we knew something was coming, but not what eventually happened.

I still think that if I was put in the situation, I would try to warn or tell as many people as possible, I might die, but I'd die trying.
This happened.

Aug 22, 2001: Top counter-terrorism expert John O'Neill quits the FBI due to repeated obstruction of his al-Qaeda investigations and a power play against him. He was the government's "most committed tracker of bin Laden and al-Qaeda." The next day he starts a new job as head of security at the WTC. He is killed weeks later in the World Trade Center during the 9/11 attack.
www.newyorker.com...

Read. It will help you understand.

The link was taken from this laundry list of circumstancial evidence regarding U.S. complicity on the attacks on 09.11.01.

www.wanttoknow.info...

[Edited on 20-11-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Read this little piece about the Gulf of Tonkin incident.. that never happened.

Would They Lie to You?
Media Beat, July 27, 1994

30-Year Anniversary: Tonkin Gulf Lie Launched Vietnam War

By Jeff Cohen and Norman Solomon

Thirty years ago, it all seemed very clear.

"American Planes Hit North Vietnam After Second Attack on Our Destroyers; Move Taken to Halt New Aggression", announced a Washington Post headline on Aug. 5, 1964.

That same day, the front page of the New York Times reported: "President Johnson has ordered retaliatory action against gunboats and 'certain supporting facilities

in North Vietnam' after renewed attacks against American destroyers in the Gulf of Tonkin."

But there was no "second attack" by North Vietnam -- no "renewed attacks against American destroyers." By reporting official claims as absolute truths, American

journalism opened the floodgates for the bloody Vietnam War.

A pattern took hold: continuous government lies passed on by pliant mass media...leading to over 50,000 American deaths and millions of Vietnamese casualties.

The official story was that North Vietnamese torpedo boats launched an "unprovoked attack" against a U.S. destroyer on "routine patrol" in the Tonkin Gulf on Aug.

2 -- and that North Vietnamese PT boats followed up with a "deliberate attack" on a pair of U.S. ships two days later.

The truth was very different. Rather than being on a routine patrol Aug. 2, the U.S. destroyer Maddox was actually engaged in aggressive intelligence-gathering maneuvers -- in sync with coordinated attacks on North Vietnam by the South Vietnamese navy and the Laotian air force.
The rest: www-rohan.sdsu.edu...

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
I'm sorry guys, it's just going to take a lot for me to believe that "we" allowed this attack on the US. 9-11 that is. I just can't or don't want to believe that the US knew about this attack and let it happen.

I read both of the links heelstone, the first one to me was a man who "felt" something was going to happen, but again, didn't know what... did I miss something ?

The second link, which was more belivable to me, still leaves me wondering... I just don't know...
I honestly don't know what to believe.

thanks for the info, I plan on printing it out and reading it again more carefully and doing some more research.

posted on Nov, 20 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
US broke the Japanese code long before this happened..

And knew very well that Japanese were about to attack..

And if this isnt enough..

The incomming attackers were detected by radar..

But no alert was given, and no interceptors launched as the officer in charge told the radar operator to ignore the 300 bombers and fighter incomming..

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join