It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Being Gay is alright in the eyes of God then.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Calm..calm..

Let those who want to believe believe. Those who don't, don't. Free will people.

I myself? I have no problem with same-sex marriages as well, but I do listen to the Bible mostly. Little bit of free will helps, not thinking = bad.

-wD

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeBDeviL
Calm..calm..

Let those who want to believe believe. Those who don't, don't. Free will people.

I myself? I have no problem with same-sex marriages as well, but I do listen to the Bible mostly. Little bit of free will helps, not thinking = bad.

-wD

actually its wings and body make it able to fly, the bee that is...

U listen to the bible and think its good to have same sex marriage..its al an interpretation of a believe..nice :]]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Wow. what a complete load of crap this entire thread is. I have never in my life read anything so filled with hate and disdain as this. I'm close to speechless. Look at yourselves! Hatemongers, there is no other word for it. Fueling your hate with religious pretense, with scientific speculation.

Do you think someone would choose to live a life of fear? Choose to walk down the street or halls in school and be afraid that someone is going to attack you and beat the hell out of you simply because you are different? Is that a choice? Do you really think someone would choose this? To be hated? To have people tell you you're going to burn in hell for this. How dare you! There are kids out there who are gay, you may not believe it, but by god they are there. They see these posts, they hear people saying they are evil, that they are burning in hell. It's because of you that the suicide rate among gay teens is so high. Because of your hate! How do you think it feels to be standing with your family on a holiday, all holding hands, heads down in prayer, how do you think it feels to hear a family member invoke God and Jesus Christ and ask for all gay people to know they will burn in hell when they die. Your Family! Someone who is supposed to love you without predjiduce has just asked god to tell you you're damned.

I read these posts and I feel sad. Sad that so much hate is out there. Sad that you feel you need to disguise your hate as religious agenda. Shame on you.

We are not Gay. We are not Black. We are not White. We are not Christian, Jew, or Muslim. We are HUMAN BEINGS GODDAMNIT. Can't that be enough? Can't we be allowed to live our lives. Love who we want. If a gay couple wants to marry, by god let them! If a gay couple wants to adopt a child and provide a loving supportive home, By GOD LET THEM. Who are any of you to deny that right to anyone simply because they are different.

Human Beings. That is the only label we should ever need.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Please don't use your god as a way to validate that opinion. Please don't use your bible to validate that opinion.

I am gay. I am in love with my partner. We want a child at some point in the future. I am proud to live in a country where I will have that opportunity.

I am not evil.

I am not a communist. I am not a terrorist. I am not a militant.

I am a man who is different. I am a man who loves. I am a human who lives my life the way that is right for me.

I did not choose to be hated by you. I did not choose to be hated by my Aunt, by my Father. I did not choose to live a life this hard. This full of fear. I did not choose. This is who I am. I was lucky enough to find someone I love and who loves me back. I am lucky to be happy. I only wish those of you who are so full of hate can find that same love and free yourselves from that dark pit of anger and disapproval.

I am sorry this is so long. I didn't intend for that. I had to write what came to me.

Later...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
Amen to that post Garon and hopefully goodbye to this topic.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by jrod]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon
Wow. what a complete load of crap this entire thread is. I have never in my life read anything so filled with hate and disdain as this. I'm close to speechless. Look at yourselves! Hatemongers, there is no other word for it. Fueling your hate with religious pretense, with scientific speculation.

Do you think someone would choose to live a life of fear? Choose to walk down the street or halls in school and be afraid that someone is going to attack you and beat the hell out of you simply because you are different? Is that a choice? Do you really think someone would choose this? To be hated? To have people tell you you're going to burn in hell for this. How dare you! There are kids out there who are gay, you may not believe it, but by god they are there. They see these posts, they hear people saying they are evil, that they are burning in hell. It's because of you that the suicide rate among gay teens is so high. Because of your hate! How do you think it feels to be standing with your family on a holiday, all holding hands, heads down in prayer, how do you think it feels to hear a family member invoke God and Jesus Christ and ask for all gay people to know they will burn in hell when they die. Your Family! Someone who is supposed to love you without predjiduce has just asked god to tell you you're damned.

I read these posts and I feel sad. Sad that so much hate is out there. Sad that you feel you need to disguise your hate as religious agenda. Shame on you.

We are not Gay. We are not Black. We are not White. We are not Christian, Jew, or Muslim. We are HUMAN BEINGS GODDAMNIT. Can't that be enough? Can't we be allowed to live our lives. Love who we want. If a gay couple wants to marry, by god let them! If a gay couple wants to adopt a child and provide a loving supportive home, By GOD LET THEM. Who are any of you to deny that right to anyone simply because they are different.

Human Beings. That is the only label we should ever need.

We are all entitled to our opinions. Please don't use your god as a way to validate that opinion. Please don't use your bible to validate that opinion.

I am gay. I am in love with my partner. We want a child at some point in the future. I am proud to live in a country where I will have that opportunity.

I am not evil.

I am not a communist. I am not a terrorist. I am not a militant.

I am a man who is different. I am a man who loves. I am a human who lives my life the way that is right for me.

I did not choose to be hated by you. I did not choose to be hated by my Aunt, by my Father. I did not choose to live a life this hard. This full of fear. I did not choose. This is who I am. I was lucky enough to find someone I love and who loves me back. I am lucky to be happy. I only wish those of you who are so full of hate can find that same love and free yourselves from that dark pit of anger and disapproval.

I am sorry this is so long. I didn't intend for that. I had to write what came to me.

Later...

maybe u should read the thread again garon, iam not gay but i dont think my posts are hate related..are they ? if u think so i would like to talk about this with u, since they are def not intended this way...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
Amen to that post Garon and hopefully goodbye to this topic.

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by jrod]

i think the topic on itself is good.....great even

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   
I was not reffering to you. I hate to use an old phrase, but "You know who you are" seems to fit the bill quite well I should say. I wasn't clear on who I was calling hateful, I apologize, but, again, they know who they are.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:05 PM
link   
wanna go for coffee then, nescafe that is
besides iam glad someone who is gay joins...do you actually believe in god ?

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by jozuph]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I am agnostic actually. I don't disbelieve, but I don't fully believe either. A cop-out sure. I can't state for certain that there is or is not a higher power.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   

I am agnostic actually. I don't disbelieve, but I don't fully believe either. A cop-out sure. I can't state for certain that there is or is not a higher power.

nobodys certain.........

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   
Exactly. No one is certain. No one. No one on this board. No one on this planet. No one is certain. Therefore, no one should invoke him as an excuse to encourage discrimination or mistreatment of ANYONE. Gay, Straight, Jew, Muslim. No one.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Wow. what a complete load of crap this entire thread is.

did you happen to notice the people actually sticking up for gay people garon???

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:40 PM
link   
A lot of Christian priests are gay and besides marrying themselves they still prefer to mollest our childrens. My girlfriend's brother is gay and he never done any thing wrong in his life, if he wants to marry himself with another gay it is his concern.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Calm..calm..

I think that is what everything comes down to right?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I did notice everyone sticking up for gay people. I applaud you, and Im sorry I didn't recognize that orignally. I was just so amazed by the negative posts that I overlooked the positive. Its the openmindedness of a lot of people that makes this such a great place to post and have these types of discussions.

Also salem, first, there are no such things as "christian priests". I am sure you meant Catholic Priests who molest children. And as blown up as that scandal was its not NEARLY as common as it was made out to be and the majority of the cases were 20 years old or more. That is a whole different issue in itself.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

I did notice everyone sticking up for gay people. I applaud you, and Im sorry I didn't recognize that orignally. I was just so amazed by the negative posts that I overlooked the positive. Its the openmindedness of a lot of people that makes this such a great place to post and have these types of discussions.

Also salem, first, there are no such things as "christian priests". I am sure you meant Catholic Priests who molest children. And as blown up as that scandal was its not NEARLY as common as it was made out to be and the majority of the cases were 20 years old or more. That is a whole different issue in itself.

u sure garon ? i mean people who are mostly extremely against something are also mostly the biggest lovers of it, its called hypocrisy :]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 08:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
u sure garon ? i mean people who are mostly extremely against something are also mostly the biggest lovers of it, its called hypocrisy :]

Looks like we got the same Idea.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Black Jackel........Hi and I'm right with you on the stance you take on homosexuality.....

Jesus did not mention homosexuality, but He did not mention incest or wife beating by name either.
His silence does not invalidate clear prohibitions of such behavior elsewhere, in both Old and New Testaments. God's created intent for human sexuality is clear to Jesus.
When asked about divorce He reiterates that God made us male and female; the Creator's intent was that the two would become one flesh: "what God has joined together, let man not separate."
God's standard is clear: male and female, man and wife. To claim that this is anything less than an explicit is disingenuous.

www.orthodox.net...

The Apostle Paul compares the mystical character of the Church with marriage in these words: Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave Himself for it and further: For this cause shall a man leave his father and and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and the two shall be one flesh, This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the Church (Eph. 5:25, 31-32).

As is true of all of us who are sickened by our sinful passions, homosexuals can be healed, and homosexual actions can cease. As St. Paul exclaims, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
When homosexuals are willing to struggle in Christ against their sinful passion, and when they receive the strong love and support of their Christian brethren, they can be healed!
We are all struggling with various passions and sins. We all need one another in Christian community!

The Lord Himself tells us, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. But narrow is the way that leads to life" (Matthew 7:13-14)

www.orthodoxytoday.org...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 09:36 PM
link   
here we go again, yet another debate on whether or not homosexuality is evil. well i sure ain't gona touch it. oh wait i just did..

DO'HH

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
'You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination', 'If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed abomination; they shall be put to death (Lev 18:22; 20:13).

St.Paul definitely said about 'dishonourable passions' of people who 'exchanged the truth about God for a lie': 'their women exchanged natural relations to unnatural, and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another'.
The apostle pointed at the inevitable 'God's decree' not only about those whose conduct was improper and who 'were filled with all manner of wickedness, �covetousness' but also about those who 'approve' (cf. Rom 18-32).

Such people separate themselves from the unity of faith. According to the Apostle, they will not inherit the eternal life: 'Do not be deceived; neither the immoral, nor idolaters� nor homosexuals� will inherit the kingdom of God' (cf. 1 Cor 6:9-10).

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join