It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Being Gay is alright in the eyes of God then.....

page: 39
<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:25 AM
link   
It is a sin, no matter what way you twist it, pure and simple, no question about it. Most of the world's religions would agree anyway.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:27 AM
link   
It is the love of Religion that is the root of all evil, just look at what is going on in the world today! The bible and the koran, among all of the other sacred texts are BOOKS for crying out loud! Just because something is in print does not make it true. Why is it that Christianity is so judgemental and intolerant? Just what separates Christianity from the Moslem religion or any other? Seems to me that everyone should take responsibility for their own behavior and stop blaming it on God or a devil! Just be....for god's sake!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:54 AM
link   

It is a sin, no matter what way you twist it, pure and simple, no question about it. Most of the world's religions would agree anyway.

Are you sure about that? There are over 12000 faiths on this planet, not all believe in the doctrine of Sin my freind. The concept of sin has entertained constant rebuttle and variation of interpretations in this thread by many members, and each as it seems, layed to waste of that argument.

Most of the worlds religions are unheard of, so how can you speak for them?

Deep

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 03:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
It is a sin, no matter what way you twist it...

It is NOT a sin, no matter what way you twist it..

These types of threads are always pretty pointless. You can't change someones mind in something they believe in unless said person has respect for you. Due to the anonymity these boards afford, we will never come to truly respect each other therefore noone will ever convince the other that their way of thinking is wrong.

But its fun none the less.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

Are you sure about that? There are over 12000 faiths on this planet, not all believe in the doctrine of Sin my freind. The concept of sin has entertained constant rebuttle and variation of interpretations in this thread by many members, and each as it seems, layed to waste of that argument.

Most of the worlds religions are unheard of, so how can you speak for them?

Deep

The majority of the worlds population believes it.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Tachyon, hi punkin
The reason most people believe it is wrong because evolution would tend to try to eliminate non-reproducing portions of the population. One would hope that at some point people would have intellectually evolved far enough to realize that humanity is not at risk of extinction with 6 billion and counting. Trouble is evolution is just a complex set of simple mechnisms. Instinct is the base mechanism of evolutionary pre-programmed behavior and attitudes. The utilization of creative minds to improve the human condition serve humanity almost as well as evolution and at some point may be more important. If you can get beyond your easychair instincts you might find a new perspective on this and many other subjects.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by slank
Tachyon, hi punkin
The reason most people believe it is wrong because evolution would tend to try to eliminate non-reproducing portions of the population. One would hope that at some point people would have intellectually evolved far enough to realize that humanity is not at risk of extinction with 6 billion and counting. Trouble is evolution is just a complex set of simple mechnisms. Instinct is the base mechanism of evolutionary pre-programmed behavior and attitudes. The utilization of creative minds to improve the human condition serve humanity almost as well as evolution and at some point may be more important. If you can get beyond your easychair instincts you might find a new perspective on this and many other subjects.

You have no evidence to back up what you say, at least i have statistical evidence that shows that AIDs is targeting gay men. And are you a biologist, beacause if you are i would gladly reconsider. All you are saying is an OPINION, my posts are FACT. There has been much done reasearch on evolution and survial. These instintcs you say that are built into us, are natural. Nature has programmed us to have sex with the opposite sex of course.

This is from the July 2004 issue of Scientific American:

"Mickey Has Two Moms
No sperm needed: mice are born from two eggs
By Diane Martindale

Being fatherless took on new meaning in April when a research team, led by Tomohiro Kono of the Tokyo University of Agriculture, created mice from two eggs. The group's achievement does not promise a new way to make babies; rather it helps to explain how egg and sperm work together and why males are vital in normal reproduction.
The process that created the mice is akin to parthenogenesis, in which an unfertilized egg develops on its own and produces viable offspring. It occurs in some lower creatures such as fleas, lizards and turkeys. The barrier to parthenogenesis in mammals is thought to be genetic imprinting, in which some genes needed for embryonic development are turned off in the female genome but switched on in the male genome, and vice versa. Thus, for an embryo to grow properly, it must have one set of chromosomes with a female imprint and the other with a male imprint. In past studies, mouse eggs have been induced to replicate without fertilization, but they survive only briefly....continued at Scientific American Digital "

Notice the scientists say: "why males are vital in normal reproduction."

So go do some research before ranting your OPINIONS.Now i have scientific evidence that leans towards gays being abnormal, and most major religions also agreeing. Both science AND religion are agreeing on this topic. Are you to say they are all wrong?

[edit on 30-6-2004 by TACHYON]

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 06:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by dusran
I'm NOT gay and personally I think this whole argument is stupid. The sole purpose of life is not to procreate and pass your genes on to your children. If anything the purpose of human existence is developing meaningul relationships and making a difference in other peoples lives. Last time I checked you didn't need to be heterosexual to accomplish this.

Great comment, I couldn't agree with you more.

And Tachyon, get over it. You have 'evidence' about AIDS in ONE COUNTRY on earth. You didn't post the statistics from African countries, where far and away AIDS affects primarily heterosexuals. Come back and post the world AIDS data that shows heterosexuals across the WORLD are infected with AIDS at a higher rate than homosexuals (even though admittedly the gay population is just an estimate since many remain in the closet). Then try to explain that off.

You need to stop using grand generalizations already. People like you are the worst to debate with; you don't care if you are proven wrong, you use words such as 'most' and 'the majority' without really researching into the subject at all and instead preach it as fact, and you don't really listen to anything anyone else says. So I'm through with you. I hope the invisible man you pray to every night will set you straight someday, it seems like he's the only person you will listen to anyway

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by W_HAMILTON

Originally posted by dusran
I'm NOT gay and personally I think this whole argument is stupid. The sole purpose of life is not to procreate and pass your genes on to your children. If anything the purpose of human existence is developing meaningul relationships and making a difference in other peoples lives. Last time I checked you didn't need to be heterosexual to accomplish this.

Great comment, I couldn't agree with you more.

And Tachyon, get over it. You have 'evidence' about AIDS in ONE COUNTRY on earth. You didn't post the statistics from African countries, where far and away AIDS affects primarily heterosexuals. Come back and post the world AIDS data that shows heterosexuals across the WORLD are infected with AIDS at a higher rate than homosexuals (even though admittedly the gay population is just an estimate since many remain in the closet). Then try to explain that off.

You need to stop using grand generalizations already. People like you are the worst to debate with; you don't care if you are proven wrong, you use words such as 'most' and 'the majority' without really researching into the subject at all and instead preach it as fact, and you don't really listen to anything anyone else says. So I'm through with you. I hope the invisible man you pray to every night will set you straight someday, it seems like he's the only person you will listen to anyway

How do you explain the fact that there are less gays in the US, but they have the highest infection rates? They have a HIGHER chance of getting infected. Obviously you missed my point.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Hi
New to the trhread..
How' bout the fact that it is just plain unnatural according to the laws of nature?

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by qrios
Hi
New to the trhread..
How' bout the fact that it is just plain unnatural according to the laws of nature?

According the the laws of nature? Excuse me, sir or ma'am, but who are you to dictate what the laws of nature are? For all you know, this is a normal function of nature and society is now letting it be an open issue. I don't think you realize that until about 30 years ago, homosexuals would lose their job, children, and basically lives if they told anyone what they were.

All you who say this is "unnatural" and "perverted" or whatever the hell you want to call it; who are you to claim you know every facet of how nature works? Simple, you can't.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Let's -whatever we say- keep in mind that being gay is not a choice or lifestyle, it's a state in which some of us are born.
It's as unchangable as the skin of your color. (exceptions ignored)

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jakko
Let's -whatever we say- keep in mind that being gay is not a choice or lifestyle, it's a state in which some of us are born.
It's as unchangable as the skin of your color. (exceptions ignored)

Aye, you are right Jakko.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by qrios

Are you aware that there have been documented cases of homosexuality in nature? Hell, I personnally have even witnessed two male dogs getting friendly.

I'm sure that I have posted this before, but I like the observation so I will restate it.

Reasons for sex

1.) Procreation: Male/female (I really don't think that I need to explain this one.)

2.) Profit: This is sex for the goal of money or power. Opposing genders is not a prerequisite.

3.) Love/Enjoyment: Enjoyment, emotions and beauty is in the eye of the one perceiving the situation/other person. Opposing genders is not a prerequisite.

The home team has lost the logic game on this one by a score of 1 to 2. Now I know that some people are strictly against homosexuality because of their religious beliefs so to each his/her own. Actually that is a great idea come to think of it! To each his/her own. If you want to live your life the way that you seem fit for yourself then be curtious to show the same respect for others. After all, it is not their lives that you are living.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Tachyon babe,
I guess we need to do some clinical trials to see if Aids can run through little microscopic mazes to find the 'gay' cell as opposed to the 'heterosexual' cell. The world will be very interested in a virus that can detect the 'gay' gene or protien. Aids is spread by bodily fluid exchange, ie. sex, iv drug use. Africa has Tens of millions of heterosexual AIDs cases, but I guess an intelligent guy like you knows Africans aren't REALLY people are they. Only Americans count as people. Nuke the rest of the world, right?

PS. I must have been produced 'unaturally' in a petri dish, and my mom and dad never told me. Please don't let the FACT of my gay life stand between you and your delusions. You are quite entertaining.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Let's -whatever we say- keep in mind that being gay is not a choice or lifestyle, it's a state in which some of us are born. It's as unchangable as the skin of your color. (exceptions ignored)

I have to disagree with you as to do so would annihilate any and all chances for freewill. I have been conditioned to be heterosexual.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Jonna- I must agree. I too, have been conditioned to heterosexual. Haha! Unofrtunately for me, alot of girls are attracted to me...my boyfriend's friends all want to get with me.

Dag!

However, I see nothing wrong with being gay. I dont even care when people are SO gay it buggs you. I grew up in the dance, mostly ballet, world. Gay guys galore! And I must say, they are quite lucky, any guy in dance is. If you're straight, all the girls will want you because straight guys are so rare, but if you're gay, then you've got a boatload to choose from!

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here is another observation I came to realize awhile ago. What if the whole being gay is evil thing is just another form of control? I mean homosexuality is considered a sin and sinners supposedly go to hell, right!?! Well, that would definitely be a deterrent to participating in activities considered non-heterosexual.

But what would the religious organization possibly gain from this? Here is your answer. Parents pass on their religious beliefs to their children thus creating more followers of that particular religion. Gay individuals do not have biological children and cannot contribute to the membership numbers of the organization. More religious parents having more religious children equal more individuals for the organization to control. It is all about power.

Further more, why say that condoms are wrong? So that more children are created that have the religion of their parents imprinted upon them.

I could go on like this forever�.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Seems a little far-fetched Jonna.
Everyone knows that a lot of the time children do the opposite of their parents, especially when it comes to religion.
You can really not predict what a child will believe, no matter what you do.
Besides this, gay couples raise kids as well...

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Everyone knows that a lot of the time children do the opposite of their parents, especially when it comes to religion.

Hmmmm... maybe when they're teenagers. Let me tell you what I've experienced as a trailing member of everyone's favourite generation, "X." Most kids do the opposite of what they think their parents stand for roughly between the ages of 14 - 20. Then, for a few years, they do not the opposite of their parents, but what they think will shock their parents (until about say 23). Then, they are friends with their parents, and - shock of shocks! - they discover in their late 20s that they're quite a bit like their parents, after all!

Just my observations, mind you.

top topics

<< 36  37  38    40  41 >>

join