It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Being Gay is alright in the eyes of God then.....

page: 35
<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Maybe god is gay

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
For all you people saying that it is ones choice to be gay. Why would any person choose to be something that is disowned and creates threads about whether you are going to hell or not? You think a homosexual person just decides, "yeah, I will tell everyone I am gay, that is the easy way out." No. No gay person wants to be gay a lot of the time, thats why the suicide rate for young gay males is so high. They are looked down upon,and they feel they have no way out, so they kill themselves. Why? Because it is the "homophobes," and "haters" and religious freaks that make these people believe that they are nothing, that there existince is against God's will, that theey are not even given their human rights. Yeah, you are right, I'm sure they choose to be gay. Why would you not want to be gay?
If we are going to start discriminating against Gays, why not throw in a couple of blacks and jew too? Tell you what, lets form camps to hold these "sinners."
Can you Deny Ignorance?

posted on Jun, 6 2004 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by TACHYON
Oh and another thing, attration to the same sex is not natural, it is unnatural (you have stated it is natures method to curb population ).Nature is using UNORTHODOX methods to curb the population,certainly not "natural" in any sense.

[Edited on 5-6-2004 by TACHYON]

You are saying a thing is, �Natural� because it happens the majority of the time. Some species can change their sex if they need to in order to propagate. Does that make it, �Unnatural�? Or does it just make it different and quite special?

Besides, there is plenty of homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom. We are just human animals. We are not much different except we seem to have an overabundance of character flaws.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:40 AM
link   
These people who bash Christians for being intolerant are really the ones who are tolerant for everything except Christianity. They tell you do what feels right but some of the worst things in history have come from things that felt right to people. I belive being gay is extremely wrong. I wonder how many of the people on this board are card carrying members of the ACLU?

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Oh yeah I'm a Christian.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pennee

Oh and another thing, attration to the same sex is not natural, it is unnatural (you have stated it is natures method to curb population ).Nature is using UNORTHODOX methods to curb the population,certainly not "natural" in any sense.

You are saying a thing is, �Natural� because it happens the majority of the time. Some species can change their sex if they need to in order to propagate. Does that make it, �Unnatural�? Or does it just make it different and quite special?

Besides, there is plenty of homosexual behavior in the animal kingdom. We are just human animals. We are not much different except we seem to have an overabundance of character flaws.

Nature wants to make the species propogate, and in order to do that it must keep the sexual relation alive.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:56 AM
link   
And consider the way nature is using AIDS to kill off the homosexual population, even though it is cruel as it seems.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:14 AM
link   
yeah it makes since if you think about how it became really widespread when gay people became more numerous

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Can the two of you prove that Aids is more common in homosexuals, than it is in hetrosexuals?

Deep

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:15 AM
link   
When reading these posts, it really makes me wonder what to make of it... The ones of you using God as a your reason to attack the gay community - what gives? What happened to you to make you feel you have the right to be judge and jury over other people's sex life? Myself, I'm neither gay nor religious, though I was a part of the church many years ago. And these types of arguements are partially why I finally decided to leave. It's frustrating to realize that a community that's supposed to base their lives on love and acceptance really do quite the opposite. I think Jesus said it best when he told anyone without sin to throw the first stone. Is this not something you guys consider? It's obviously pointless to try to argue the scientific factor in this, since this really wouldn't matter to the people I'd like to address in this case. If one wants to, it's not difficult deciding not to accept facts if they don't coencide with one's belief, is it? So lets stop discussing wether one is born homosexual or not, it really doesn't matter. This is all about the need to judge vs the acceptance of other people. Personally, I'd be surprised if our species were so sensitive to impressions, such as acceptance of homosexuality, as to lose it's means of "natural" procreation. To use the destruction of Sodom and Gomorra as Gods message that homosexuals should be attacked is just plain scary. And please don't say aids is God's way of taking care of homosexuality today. I'm guessing this would mean it would be against God's will to try and find a cure for HIV..? Please raise the level of this thread. I know you know better.

Love you all. At least I want to think I do.

[edit on 9-6-2004 by Durden]

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 03:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Maveric
yeah it makes since if you think about how it became really widespread when gay people became more numerous

Even though AIDS was a disease spread among couples in Africa, that were Christian because the Christian Missionaries came to Africa because they felt everyone in the world needs to be Christian. Just want to keep pushing religion on people. I mean come on, "gay people became more numerous?" Is that even a legitimate sentence? Yet alone an arguement.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Everybody knows most preachers are gay.
Church is their comfort zone, nobody will ask about their girlfriends, their sexual life. It is save there, that's why they became preachers. It is public secret isn't it?

There is no such words "NO GAY ALLOWED" in bible. It is true the Christian made the rules themselves and acted like a God saying it was a word of God.

Other words, Christians are gaying around.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 06:17 AM
link   

And consider the way nature is using AIDS to kill off the homosexual population, even though it is cruel as it seems.

AIDS spreads through the exchange of bodily fluids, regardless of sexual orientation. In fact, the 15-26 year old, straight, female population has had the largest increases of HIV/AIDS the last few years . Why would nature attack those who are needed for reproduction, if it's goal is eliminating the non-reproducing parts of the species?

Another point that disproves your claim, that AIDS is nature's way of killing off homosexuals, is the fact that AIDS is least likely to be spread through lesbian sex. AIDS does pose a higher risk of infection for gay males than for straight males/females, but the homosexual population is not comprised solely of men. If nature is trying to eradicate homosexuality, why do lesbians have a lower chance of infection than straight men/women? Does God/Nature only disagree with male homosexuality, but not female? How does that make any sense at all?

A strong case can be made for the argument that AIDS is actually a result of the government's attempt to create a biological weapon that could attack a person's autoimmune system and could not be cured.
Do some research either on ATS or on the web, if you want more info.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
You said: The book of Leviticus was written by Moses at the foot of Mount Sinai it records the events in the year 1445-1444 B.C. and is intended as a guidebook for holy living for the Hebrews, God dictated the words to Moses.

"GOD DICTATED the words" including they must put to death, pour their blood onto their heads.

Then you said: Remember this was written in the Old Testament, these sins were punishable by death according to Gods laws. However Jesus died on the cross for all sin for all time, so the price of these sins has already been paid by the love and sacrifice of the lord.

GOD made sins during the old testament? And then came Jesus paid God's sins?

Or,

Jesus paid those sins written by MAN in old testament? In other word it was man words.

It is either two statements above or your quote was a flaw.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by CinLung
GOD made sins during the old testament? And then came Jesus paid God's sins?
Or,
Jesus paid those sins written by MAN in old testament? In other word it was man words.

It is either two statements above or your quote was a flaw.

The Old Testament is Gods story and law before the birth and eventual death of Jesus Christ. The New Testament is the record of Jesus� life and teachings. If you are a Christian you believe Jesus died on the cross for our sins and triumphed over evil by his resurrection. We as Christians believe God gave his children free will, we are able to choose our own path in life, we can follow his word or abandon it.

God didn�t create sin in the Old Testament, he gave us the framework to live a holy life as he intended. The referenced verse is:

Leviticus 20:13

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

God is telling his children that homosexuality is a sin against his laws, and the consequence of this sin. Additionally �their blood will be on their own heads� tells us that it was their own actions that caused their punishment; it is their responsibility to follow the word of God. Free Will gave them the ability to sin as they did. He is telling us what the punishment should be for this type of action and lifestyle.

In the New Testament Jesus died on the cross for all sin for all time, he paid the price for us. We no longer need to put homosexuals to death because the price of this sin has already been paid by the love of God.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   

If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads.

If the above statement is okay, then one would assume that the below are equaly right. If Jesus has died for our sins, then rape/murder/adultry are alright.....

I am a bit confused. Why are Christians so picky ?

(Deuteronomy 21:10-14 NLT)

Suppose you go to war against your enemies and the LORD your God hands them over to you and you take captives. And suppose you see among the captives a beautiful woman, and you are attracted to her and want to marry her. If this happens, you may take her to your home, where she must shave her head, cut her fingernails, and change all her clothes. Then she must remain in your home for a full month, mourning for her father and mother. After that you may marry her. But if you marry her and then decide you do not like her, you must let her go free. You may not sell her or treat her as a slave, for you have humiliated her.

Anyone who is captured will be run through with a sword. Their little children will be dashed to death right before their eyes. Their homes will be sacked and their wives raped by the attacking hordes. For I will stir up the Medes against Babylon, and no amount of silver or gold will buy them off. The attacking armies will shoot down the young people with arrows. They will have no mercy on helpless babies and will show no compassion for the children. (Isaiah 13:15-18 NLT)

While the Israelites were camped at Acacia, some of the men defiled themselves by sleeping with the local Moabite women. These women invited them to attend sacrifices to their gods, and soon the Israelites were feasting with them and worshiping the gods of Moab. Before long Israel was joining in the worship of Baal of Peor, causing the LORD's anger to blaze against his people. The LORD issued the following command to Moses: "Seize all the ringleaders and execute them before the LORD in broad daylight, so his fierce anger will turn away from the people of Israel." So Moses ordered Israel's judges to execute everyone who had joined in worshiping Baal of Peor. Just then one of the Israelite men brought a Midianite woman into the camp, right before the eyes of Moses and all the people, as they were weeping at the entrance of the Tabernacle. When Phinehas son of Eleazar and grandson of Aaron the priest saw this, he jumped up and left the assembly. Then he took a spear and rushed after the man into his tent. Phinehas thrust the spear all the way through the man's body and into the woman's stomach. So the plague against the Israelites was stopped, but not before 24,000 people had died. (Numbers 25:1-9 NLT)

Deep

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 09:43 PM
link   
"I am a bit confused. Why are Christians so picky ?"

Because much like Hitler, they feel they are the superior religion. It's funny how narrow minded people think they are the greatest. And if Christians follow the bible so well, then shouldn't they follow" That all Gods' children should love one another, for they are all brothers and sisters in harmony." Why make people's lives a living hell just because you don't agree with them. I dislike Republicans, doesnt mean they should go to hell.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Please, please, please, for the love of God and sweet little tulips, please don't use the word "Christians" when you really mean "people who hate other people, yet somehow, paradoxically, claim to be Christians." I am a Christian, and I have no problem whatsoever with homosexuality, nor do I believe that God has a problem with it (of course, that is only my belief... I don't tell God what to do
)

But it really makes me very very sad when you tar me with the same brush as people (who are, frankly, the vast minority of Christians) who feel the need to spew hatred about the gays. In my country (Canada), for example, several Christian churches allow gay people to get married (including, I believe, my own denomination, Anglican!). Up here, homosexuality is (I think) more generally accepted than down there (I could be wrong... just my opinion).

But all this is beside the point. Claiming that all Christians are hateful or ignorant or what-will-you is no different than the excrable lie that all homosexuals are paedarasts because there have been some paedarasts who were homosexuals. Please don't do it, I beg of you.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Just read at least 10 pages of this topic... and although this may have been pointed out (I didn't read all the way) I will say this... I think it comes from a reply to psychologist Dr. Laura, who used Leviticus to claim that homosexuality is unacceptable, period.

- Leviticus also says that you can sell your daughter into slavery

- Leviticus claims that you can kill your neighbors or friends if they cut the hair on their temples

- The Old Testament gives all sorts of prescriptions on how you can smite your friends if they disobey the Law of God.

So I find it funny how some Christians will only take from the Bible what's convenient to further their views. And I also find it very funny how some will pretend to know what goes on in a homosexual's mind (it's a matter of choice, BlackJackal said - homosexuals apparently experience gayness as some people experience hunger for pizza).

I am not a homosexual, and I do not presume to know what goes on in a homosexual's mind. But I do know this, from what a number of gay friends have told me - it can be very, very hard, coming out of the closet.

posted on Jun, 10 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pennee

Nature wants to make the species propogate, and in order to do that it must keep the sexual relation alive.

If a species propagates too much they will kill themselves off. There are plenty of controls in nature to halt the unrestricted propagation of a species. One of them for example, is the fact that a female is only fertile at certain times. That certainly keeps the species from over populating. One other way could be that some members are only attracted to their own sex. Quite an efficient form of birth control I'd say.

new topics

top topics

<< 32  33  34    36  37  38 >>

join