It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Being Gay is alright in the eyes of God then.....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
When exactly did God say anything as to finalize a controversial issue like that? I don't remember seeing with the rest of the known world the verdict. Why does one speculate about God's opinion as fact. One's faith is out of line. One would think the obvious lesson behind ancient scripture on homosexuality is that it appears unnatural when speaking about 'parts' and construction biologically. To use faith and/or God as words to support a social, human rights issue that should only be important to those it may affect is....odd. I once again, while not caring to 'ground' anyone else's emotionally motivated comments
(if a one cares to try to attack me with words for my appearing to be aggressive, I just wield my passion for peace and change!) will gladly ignore any remarks that i don't like. Cause I can, and that is not rudeness that is conviction.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:15 PM
link   
Gays,
In my hands I have to apples, one red, the other green.
I peel away the skins of both apples only to find that both apples have the same white insides.
I just made that Analogy up in my head, so forgive if it sounds a bit vauge.
Who are we to Judge to souls who choose to be one with eachother.
Deep

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by helen670
Black Jackel........Hi and I'm right with you on the stance you take on homosexuality.....

Jesus did not mention homosexuality, but He did not mention incest or wife beating by name either.
His silence does not invalidate clear prohibitions of such behavior elsewhere, in both Old and New Testaments. God's created intent for human sexuality is clear to Jesus.
When asked about divorce He reiterates that God made us male and female; the Creator's intent was that the two would become one flesh: "what God has joined together, let man not separate."
God's standard is clear: male and female, man and wife. To claim that this is anything less than an explicit is disingenuous.

www.orthodox.net...

The Apostle Paul compares the mystical character of the Church with marriage in these words: Husbands, love your wives even as Christ also loved the Church, and gave Himself for it and further: For this cause shall a man leave his father and and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and the two shall be one flesh, This is a great mystery, but I speak concerning Christ and the Church (Eph. 5:25, 31-32).

As is true of all of us who are sickened by our sinful passions, homosexuals can be healed, and homosexual actions can cease. As St. Paul exclaims, "I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me."
When homosexuals are willing to struggle in Christ against their sinful passion, and when they receive the strong love and support of their Christian brethren, they can be healed!
We are all struggling with various passions and sins. We all need one another in Christian community!

The Lord Himself tells us, "Enter by the narrow gate; for wide is the gate and broad is the way that leads to destruction, and there are many who go in by it. But narrow is the way that leads to life" (Matthew 7:13-14)

www.orthodoxytoday.org...

one thing though, in most cases gays are shunned, treated like outcasts, etc and become depressed and in many cases commit suicide because their not loved, not treated right and feel isolated from god, you may say to love everyone, show them gods love and try to help them see their errors but that rarely is how churches and christians act.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   

show them gods love and try to help them see their errors but that rarely is how churches and christians act.

Helen,
Show them thier errors?
And how so is being a homosexual an Error?
Dont christians not realize the essence of the SOUL.
A soul has no physical limits, A souls can not be subjected to a certain sexual gender.
Thier is not Error in being Homosexual, thier is Error in not understanding them and loving them for who they really are.
Deep

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep

show them gods love and try to help them see their errors but that rarely is how churches and christians act.

Helen,
Show them thier errors?
And how so is being a homosexual an Error?
Dont christians not realize the essence of the SOUL.
A soul has no physical limits, A souls can not be subjected to a certain sexual gender.
Thier is not Error in being Homosexual, thier is Error in not understanding them and loving them for who they really are.
Deep

exactly, even if someone thinks its wrong, treat them like any other person, in the end we'll see the truth of god and heaven, if it truly is a sin, its god who decides, if not then you hurt them and judge for no reason in life.

[Edited on 26-11-2003 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco
what's is so wrong with believing in the Bible?

well what about the noahs ark story[bull#] so we cant really take anything the bible says seriously...not anybody that actually thinks for themselves anyway

Haha...did you ever look at fossil records? At a certain point in the soil, all across the records, there is a uniform "mess up". As in, fossils that should be at one point in time, end up higher or lower in the levels of soil. This would only happen if there were a huge flood world wide.

And the fact that several other civilizations have a flood as part of their historical beliefs. You seriously have no clue do you?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Is there any proof whatsoever that Sodom and Gamorah were ever destroyed or ever existed for that matter? That whole idea could have come from a volcano erupting, killing an entire city and everyone assuming that God was against them, when it was nothing more than an act of nature.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:08 PM
link   
So many gay teens kill themselves because of parents, communities, teachers, or whatever else, who talk nothing but damnation and evil against them. How can someone be expected to live a productive life with so much hate around them? Especially a kid who is already going through so many things growing up. No one can say that the root of so many suicides is not religion. Hate is spawned from this. Hate for anything or anyone that is different from their religious beliefs. You feed this hate and you project it onto innocent people and destroy them and then come up with elaborate references to a 2000 year old document to justify your causing someone to END THEIR LIFE. I was face to face with this hate my entire life. I still am. Thank god, goddess, allah, zues WHATEVER, that I somehow found the strength to get beyond that and make a better life for my self. I had to move across the country to do it, but I did it. A lot of people aren't that strong and they are beaten down mentally day after day after day by everyone they love in the name of Religion. It is wrong. It is evil. There is no excuse for it. No matter what god or document you envoke to defend yourself.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:11 PM
link   

However you tell me what makes it ok to be gay and why only humans choose to be gay?

what the?? ive seen my male dog hump other male dogs many of times...and are you a devote chritian actually comparing people to humans...not thats an abomination if i have ever seen one.

my point is im not saying its "ok" to be gay..its just none of my damn buisness what the hell other people do in there own home! [with maybe the exception of child abuse or things like that]

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by sirCyco]

Once again...you #ing moron...

Dogs don't really, as you put so elliquently, "Hump"
The male dog mounts the other male to assert dominance, not to # him. There is no penetration, and the male dog doesn't get his "red rocket" going.

You really need to do more research before making falous claims.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteriousbob

However you tell me what makes it ok to be gay and why only humans choose to be gay?

what the?? ive seen my male dog hump other male dogs many of times...and are you a devote chritian actually comparing people to humans...not thats an abomination if i have ever seen one.

my point is im not saying its "ok" to be gay..its just none of my damn buisness what the hell other people do in there own home! [with maybe the exception of child abuse or things like that]

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by sirCyco]

Once again...you #ing moron...

Dogs don't really, as you put so elliquently, "Hump"
The male dog mounts the other male to assert dominance, not to # him. There is no penetration, and the male dog doesn't get his "red rocket" going.

You really need to do more research before making falous claims.

Wrong. I have seen a dog get it's "red Rocket" as you so elequently put it, going. The other dog didn't allow uh..penetration...not for lack of trying though.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Yea sure fire and brimstone rained down from the sky on all those wicked cities but not on san franciso, hollywood, or washington dc. hahahaha

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:36 PM
link   
I think the original thread was "If being gay is allright in the eyes of God............." allthough the thoughts of allot of folks expressed alot of opinions and exaggerations. IT IS NOT ALLRIGHT IN THE EYES OF GOD! I dont pass judgement on anyone for being gay, that is Gods job. But I think it is our responsability as Christians[if you are one] to try and bring the gospel to those who choose to practice such things.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillrunner
I think the original thread was "If being gay is allright in the eyes of God............." allthough the thoughts of allot of folks expressed alot of opinions and exaggerations. IT IS NOT ALLRIGHT IN THE EYES OF GOD! I dont pass judgement on anyone for being gay, that is Gods job. But I think it is our responsability as Christians[if you are one] to try and bring the gospel to those who choose to practice such things.

The point is that we cannot say with any certainity what your 'god' feels. We cannot use the bible as evidence it is an aged and potentially corrupt document. No living human being can say what god sees through his eyes. Please don't allow delusions of granduer to give you the ability to judge as god might.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garon

Originally posted by hillrunner

The point is that we cannot say with any certainity what your 'god' feels. We cannot use the bible as evidence it is an aged and potentially corrupt document. No living human being can say what god sees through his eyes. Please don't allow delusions of granduer to give you the ability to judge as god might.
I wasnt trying to judje Garon....I was just trying to state my opinion on the subject of being gay and I dont need the bible to tell me it isnt right. Thats grose man!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:48 PM
link   
The simple fact remains that when all the gay people go to hell, then they will see. Thats really the only thing I can say.

If I am wrong about believing in god, and nothing happens when we die, then oh well

But if I am right about god, and you all go to hell, then i guess I can say "oh well"

what it boils down to is, "do you feel lucky, well do ya"

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Hillrunner,
Bring the gospel to those who practice it?
What is Homosexuality a religion?
How ignorant can you be, its christians like you who ruin the name of Jesus.
I have christians freinds who find nothing wrong with Homosexuals.
The fact is to see eachother past our physical bias and understand that beneath our gender,caste,racial differences we are all the same souls.
Gays will not go to hell to learn thier lesson, Hell is a state of mind, People like you will suffer this state of torment for not understanding others, and bombarding them with false preaching to show them thier "Errors"
Deep

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
No one is BASHING homosexuals!

A sin is a sin is a sin!!!

A sin is called a PASSION.....to give to desire in favour to the body!

God made MALE and FEMALE..

In the New testament, St. Paul condemns male prostitutes and homosexuals (I Corinthians 6:9-11). In the first chapter of his epistle to the Romans (1:24-32), he also judges it as unnatural.
Homosexuals are included elsewhere among the
immoral persons who, St. Paul says, deserve judgment by God (I Timothy 1:10).
There is no example in all of the New Testament of approval, acceptance, or even tolerance of homosexuality.

Throughout Christian history, this disapproval has continued to be the case.
In the patristic era freedom from homosexuality was seen as a mark of the Christian's ethical superiority to the wanton way of life that converts had left. Patristic thinking, like scriptural references, were directed to the practice of homosexuality, not to the desire itself.
The Orthodox Church does not condemn the person who keeps this propensity in check, and ministers to homosexuals who wish to find release from this inclination.
Just like any OTHER SIN!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Asalam alykum all

I have gay friends, but i dont keep them close, I do agree that its none of our business and such, but i find it disturbing that another male desires another male.
THEY LIKE DICK MAN!!! comon someone help me here, isnt there something not right here?
Just last night i helped a bunch of students in there play by doing the sound production side of it, and after the play they had an after party where they thanked me by offering me alcohole and i said NO!!!
they looked at me funny, like im a #ing wierdo man!!
anyway as the night progressed there were so many homosexuals kissing infront of me and doing alot of discusting #!
I FELT like # afterwards when i got home, it was worse that watching The Entity by yourself at home in the middle of the night with all the lights off!!

IT IS WRONG BEING GAY!!!
GAY IS WRONG AND NOT NATURAL!!!
O K
repeat after me evey one:
GAY = BAD, BAD, BAD

GOOD BYE!!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Understand that Homosexuals are born the way they are.
To them it is just as natural as you and I prefer Females.
Its not "FROCKING" sick, its just natural.
Deep

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
And so.......A LIER IS BORN.......

.......A MURDERER IS BORN..

.........A PEDOPHILE IS BORN..

............A THIEF IS BORN...

.........LET'S NOT JUDGE!!!
but await the one who can and will judge!

helen......

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join