It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If Being Gay is alright in the eyes of God then.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:33 AM
link   
why did he destroy Soddom and Gommorah?

Genesis Chapter 19

19:1 The two angels came to Sodom at evening. Lot sat in the gate of Sodom. Lot saw them, and rose up to meet them. He bowed himself with his face to the earth,

19:2 and he said, "See now, my lords, please turn aside into your servant's house, stay all night, wash your feet, and you will rise up early, and go on your way." They said, "No, but we will stay in the street all night."

19:3 He urged them greatly, and they came in with him, and entered into his house. He made them a feast, and baked unleavened bread, and they ate.

19:4 But before they lay down, the men of the city, the men of Sodom, surrounded the house, both young and old, all the people from every quarter.

19:5 They called to Lot, and said to him, "Where are the men who came in to you this night? Bring them out to us, that we may have sex with them."

19:6 Lot went out to them to the door, and shut the door after him.

19:7 He said, "Please, my brothers, don't act so wickedly.

19:8 See now, I have two virgin daughters. Please let me bring them out to you, and do you to them as is good in your eyes. Only don't do anything to these men, because they have come under the shadow of my roof."

19:9 They said, "Stand back!" They said, "This one fellow came in to live as a foreigner, and he appoints himself a judge. Now will we deal worse with you, than with them!" They pressed hard on the man, even Lot, and drew near to break the door.

19:10 But the men put forth their hand, and brought Lot into the house to them, and shut the door.

19:11 They struck the men who were at the door of the house with blindness, both small and great, so that they wearied themselves to find the door.

19:12 The men said to Lot, "Do you have anybody else here? Sons-in-law, your sons, your daughters, and whoever you have in the city, bring them out of the place:

19:13 for we will destroy this place, because the cry of them is grown great before Yahweh. Yahweh has sent us to destroy it."

19:14 Lot went out, and spoke to his sons-in-law, who were pledged to marry his daughters, and said, "Get up! Get out of this place, for Yahweh will destroy the city." But he seemed to his sons-in-law to be joking.

19:15 When the morning arose, then the angels hurried Lot, saying, "Arise, take your wife, and your two daughters who are here, lest you be consumed in the iniquity of the city."

19:16 But he lingered; and the men laid hold on his hand, and on the hand of his wife, and on the hand of his two daughters, Yahweh being merciful to him; and they took him out, and set him outside of the city.

19:17 It came to pass, when they had taken them out, that he said, "Escape for your life! Don't look behind you, neither stay anywhere in the plain. Escape to the mountain, lest you be consumed!"

19:18 Lot said to them, "Oh, not so, my lord.

19:19 See now, your servant has found favor in your sight, and you have magnified your loving kindness, which you have shown to me in saving my life. I can't escape to the mountain, lest evil overtake me, and I die.

19:20 See now, this city is near to flee to, and it is a little one. Oh let me escape there (isn't it a little one?), and my soul will live."

19:21 He said to him, "Behold, I have granted your request concerning this thing also, that I will not overthrow the city of which you have spoken.

19:22 Hurry, escape there, for I can't do anything until you get there." Therefore the name of the city was called Zoar.

19:23 The sun was risen on the earth when Lot came to Zoar.

19:24 Then Yahweh rained on Sodom and on Gomorrah sulfur and fire from Yahweh out of the sky.

19:25 He overthrew those cities, all the plain, all the inhabitants of the cities, and that which grew on the ground.

19:26 But his wife looked back from behind him, and she became a pillar of salt.

19:27 Abraham got up early in the morning to the place where he had stood before Yahweh.

19:28 He looked toward Sodom and Gomorrah, and toward all the land of the plain, and looked, and saw that the smoke of the land went up as the smoke of a furnace.

19:29 It happened, when God destroyed the cities of the plain, that God remembered Abraham, and sent Lot out of the midst of the overthrow, when he overthrew the cities in which Lot lived.

19:30 Lot went up out of Zoar, and lived in the mountain, and his two daughters with him; for he was afraid to live in Zoar. He lived in a cave with his two daughters.

19:31 The firstborn said to the younger, "Our father is old, and there is not a man in the earth to come in to us after the manner of all the earth.

19:32 Come, let's make our father drink wine, and we will lie with him, that we may preserve our father's seed."

19:33 They made their father drink wine that night: and the firstborn went in, and lay with her father. He didn't know when she lay down, nor when she arose.

19:34 It came to pass on the next day, that the firstborn said to the younger, "Behold, I lay last night with my father. Let us make him drink wine again, tonight. You go in, and lie with him, that we may preserve our father's seed."

19:35 They made their father drink wine that night also. The younger arose, and lay with him. He didn't know when she lay down, nor when she arose.

19:36 Thus both of Lot's daughters were with child by their father.

19:37 The firstborn bore a son, and named him Moab. The same is the father of the Moabites to this day.

19:38 The younger also bore a son, and called his name Ben Ammi. The same is the father of the children of Ammon to this day.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:50 AM
link   

And this story has what to do with being gay? Are you saying because it's in the bible, it makes it wrong?

Are you saying those of us, who are non-christian, are subject to your judgements and punishments?

Are you implying, even though I'm not gay, but I have absolutely no problem with same-sex marriages, that I too am to be punished because I believe it's ok for gays to get married?

OMG, please use a better arguement for not supporting same sex marriage, or any other bytch you might have against anything. I would much rather hear how you personally feel on the subject, not how someone else has programmed you to feel.

Think for yourself

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by nathraq

And this story has what to do with being gay? Are you saying because it's in the bible, it makes it wrong?

Are you saying those of us, who are non-christian, are subject to your judgements and punishments?

Are you implying, even though I'm not gay, but I have absolutely no problem with same-sex marriages, that I too am to be punished because I believe it's ok for gays to get married?

OMG, please use a better arguement for not supporting same sex marriage, or any other bytch you might have against anything. I would much rather hear how you personally feel on the subject, not how someone else has programmed you to feel.

Think for yourself

what's is so wrong with believing in the Bible?

Answer that question.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:54 AM
link   

well what about the noahs ark story[bull#] so we cant really take anything the bible says seriously...not anybody that actually thinks for themselves anyway

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by sirCyco

well what about the noahs ark story[bull#] so we cant really take anything the bible says seriously...not anybody that actually thinks for themselves anyway

so should i be prosecuted for believing in the Holy Bible?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 11:57 AM
link   
No you, should be able to think for yourself and interpret historical fact from religious symbolism.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:00 PM
link   

should gay people[and anybody else]have to suffer because of the christian views???

anyway who is "persecuting" christians??

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Ok so you want me to think for myself

This is my beleif on the matter and if you don't like it then thats fine you are entitled to your opinion just like I am to mine. Being gay is not pre-programed into your brain from birth no-way no-how. You may be born with a desire for the opposite sex but the choice to act on that desire is what makes you gay. That's right a choice!

Our society does not give rights to Alcholics because they are a minority do we? We don't let the druggies march on washington to be heard. No, we send them to rehab. They also have a desire for something that they have to battle with, but the difference is that society accepts the gay community no questions asked. Come on is it not a coincidance that since the early 90's when the gay movement started that the number of gay's has increased from less than 1% of the population to 3% today? No its not it has become acceptable to be gay, Wouldn't an alcholic or a druggie love for society to accept them in the same way.

Bottom line is being born gay is a bunch of crap, you may have the desire but you have the god given abiltiy to choose yourself. As I sit here and right this message I have the desire to eat a pizza but I choose not to because I am tired of being overweight. It's all the same just think about it.

I just can't beleive that society is accepting of gay's when there are so many things that we do not accept.

Now you tell me why should society give a group of people minority status and all the perks that come along with it just because they choose to be with a member of the same sex.

Now are you happy my personal views

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:03 PM
link   
The bible.....mmm theres no god so that means the bilbe has been writtin by people like us but a long time ago. Why believe in something, thats sprouted out of the minds of [maybe mad] people ? Why should there be a god, i mean the normal way to go is that if u state something that cant be seen by ordinairy people u have to prove it..not for me cause my opinion is mine and i dont care bout yours but to attack gays with the bible is the most stupid thing u can doo. cause it doesnt make sense, first prove that theres a god, then that he has something to do with the bible and then maybe u can use it to attack other people..being gay and if its right with god, frok it..frok what gods thinks about it..man in the name of god only bad thing happen, look in the states, look in islamic countrys, everything in the name of goddd
Noooo, god is only a tool, jus give it a name..maybe iam going to far but in ww2 hitler was god to a lott of people..good ? no he... Islam, christians, god...if theres a god then why does he lett em kill eachother out of his name..cause the people are bad ? Why then kids being killed also ? I think theres no way u can justify this and i think this answers the question..the bible aint nothing more then a book writtin by some people, funny but to act and life like it..your choice but dont bother ohers with it..and def dont attack people using it...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
forgot something, and what if your not or you are born with it ? If u choose to be gay its just as ok as to be born with it. Dont you jerk off ? Born with it ? or just feel like it ? god doesnt like it, aah well the modern one does..soo cause it fits u al of a sudden its fine with god ? doent this already says enough ?

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   

should gay people[and anybody else]have to suffer because of the christian views???

look around, its all over, a marriage license is a severe violation of the bible, any one who believes in the second coming of Christ is deemed a terrorist, by the FBI
www.welfarestate.com...
if youd read the Bible you would see that the world is chaos, (even more than you may think now.)

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
the reason there are more gay men around is because mothers that dont breast feed, give their kids that SOY CRAP! its got estrogen in it and effects the growing infants brain, *edit* and suppresses testosterone *end edit*

[Edited on 19-11-2003 by BeingWatchedByThem]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

To answer your question No gay's should not be persecuted because they differ from Christian views. However you tell me what makes it ok to be gay and why only humans choose to be gay?

If this is something that is born into humans wouldn't you think that it could happen to some other animals on the face of the planet since we are all just organisms. But wait a minute there has never been a documented case of a gay animal. Why? because animals cannot make decisions they just go on instinct and that instinct tells them to reproduce ironically enough the same thing that human instincts tell us. It all comes down to human choice not genes.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
if youd read the Bible you would see that the world is chaos, (even more than you may think now.)

so when exactly was the world not in chaos??? the garden of eden?? oh wait..according to the bible man #ed that one up right from the beginning...

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   
There's a man called Persinger... famous, famous neuroscientist.

I'm afraid he broke god. He did an experiment which simulated a 'religious' experience with elctromagnets.

So why can't ebing gay be genetic? I can explain it, if you want...

Okay here's how it is:

Durign pregnancy, the amount of hormones first determine a child's sex. If these are altered midway (eg. a genetic boy is flooded with estrogen) then brain chemistry can change subtly. That's how it was quickly explained to me by Dr. Persinger. Now, if anyoen wants to debate this, I can get a more detailed explination...

DE

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by jozuph
The bible.....mmm theres no god so that means the bilbe has been writtin by people like us but a long time ago. Why believe in something, thats sprouted out of the minds of [maybe mad] people ? Why should there be a god, i mean the normal way to go is that if u state something that cant be seen by ordinairy people u have to prove it..not for me cause my opinion is mine and i dont care bout yours but to attack gays with the bible is the most stupid thing u can doo. cause it doesnt make sense, first prove that theres a god, then that he has something to do with the bible and then maybe u can use it to attack other people..being gay and if its right with god, frok it..frok what gods thinks about it..man in the name of god only bad thing happen, look in the states, look in islamic countrys, everything in the name of goddd
Noooo, god is only a tool, jus give it a name..maybe iam going to far but in ww2 hitler was god to a lott of people..good ? no he... Islam, christians, god...if theres a god then why does he lett em kill eachother out of his name..cause the people are bad ? Why then kids being killed also ? I think theres no way u can justify this and i think this answers the question..the bible aint nothing more then a book writtin by some people, funny but to act and life like it..your choice but dont bother ohers with it..and def dont attack people using it...

Ok Ok.......

So lets say there is no God. Then why does being gay go against the laws of nature? Come on now the Big Bang happened and everything was set into motion and everything was designed by evolution to succeed so why in the world would humans evolve to destroy their own race by no longer procreating?

I really would like an answer since you are so reasonable.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:15 PM
link   
However you tell me what makes it ok to be gay and why only humans choose to be gay?

what the?? ive seen my male dog hump other male dogs many of times...and are you a devote chritian actually comparing people to humans...not thats an abomination if i have ever seen one.

my point is im not saying its "ok" to be gay..its just none of my damn buisness what the hell other people do in there own home! [with maybe the exception of child abuse or things like that]

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by sirCyco]

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
SirCyco, again good point. It's none of our fraggin' bussiness whether or not someone's gay. And as for evolution.... I think there are enough human being around as is.

DE

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BeingWatchedByThem

No, you shouldn't be persecuted for what you believe in. But, that's not the topic. It was somebody using their views to try and persecute another group of people.

Let's turn it around. Let's say someone started a thread like," If Being Christian is wrong in the eyes of Odin", and then started quoting from some ancient saga about how Christians are the weakest of humans, following blindly like sheep, instead of using their good judgement. Not that any saga or edda says this. For the most part, Christians are the ones doing the persecuting in the Western world.

posted on Nov, 19 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

The Hebrew word for burnt is "S'dom"."Gomorrah" is derived from the Hebrew word "'Amorah," which means "a ruined heap." These names were assigned after the disaster.

According to Deuteronomy 29:22-29, God's anger caused a number of cities to be destroyed.
It involved: "...the overthrow of Sodom, and Gomorrah, Admah, and Zeboim, which the LORD overthrew in his anger, and in his wrath."

Genesis 19 describes how two angels visited the Canaanite city of Sodom. The city had just experienced warfare (Genesis 14:1-2) and was probably on high alert to forestall more conflict. Lot welcomed the angels into his house. They had been sent to warn him that God was displeased with the wickedness of the city's residents. God had decided to destroy a large geographical area, including the city of Sodom. All of the people from the city gathered around the house and demanded that Lot send the strangers to the mob so that they might "know" the angels. Sensing evil intent by the citizens of Sodom, Lot refused. As an alternative, he offered his two virgin daughters to be raped by the mob, if that would appease them. The offer was declined. The angels blinded some of the mob. Later, the angels urged Lot and his family to flee and to not look back. Unfortunately, Lot's wife seems to have had an inquisitive mind. She looked the wrong way, so God killed her on the spot and turned her into a pillar of salt.

[Edited on 11-19-2003 by darklanser]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join