It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I invented a drug, Im'a be rich!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Waaaay off topic but Boris, you look incredibly similar to a friend of mine from my childhood!!
Here is his most current album cover.

He has more tattoos but the similarity is freaky.

[Edited on 15-12-2003 by Fry2]

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:01 PM
link   
i invited a all organic ant killer made from stuff in the kitchen but the only one who bought and my only reapeat costumer was my mom.Really

posted on Jan, 4 2004 @ 03:18 PM
link   
I think their is an electrical component in all of this at the synaptic level. It seems that you would have to get the right receptors and nuerons identified first.

Once you have that you'd have to look at the chemical/hormonal make up for the catalyst.

Thinking outloud here, that's all...

PEACE...
m...

posted on Jan, 5 2004 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
But everyone experiences deja vu from time to time. There must be some chemical that initiates it. A brain doesn't do something unless it has "instruction," meaning something needs to tell the brain to change its wave function. This could be a chemical, certain sequence of impulses or something else.

That's the problem. We don't know what makes the brain do what it does. Take for instance, Tourette's Syndrome. This disease causes random electrical spikes in the brain, resulting in random uncontrollable "tics", varying from things that appear to be mild physical habits, to extreme behavioral explosions. Doctors still have no idea what it is, or what causes it. All they can do is try to treat the symptoms.

www.tsa-usa.org...

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by IKnowNothing
I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but a few months ago, didn't they talk about a drug that was able to tap into long term memory, instead of short term? has nothing to do with the deja vu theory, but i believe that a drug is already in the works. i'll try to find a link for it and post it up when i find it.

Yes I read about the government working with ideas like this one but never directing impulses to the long term memory instead of the short term. Only ways of making you remember more of what you neurologically encounter. Man IKN, you seriously did rain on my parade if what you say is true.

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
So much for being rich. Sorry for your missed Idea. Maybe the next.

posted on Apr, 22 2004 @ 12:33 AM
link   
Well anyways, if you ever get to actualy making it, there is one cheap and effective way to test the drug... Hobos!!

posted on Apr, 26 2004 @ 03:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by insite
If someone could isolate the hormone that initiates deja vu, it would be valuable for many different things.

In certain types of epilepsy, one of the main "effects" is a perpetual feeling of deja vu. My guess is the brain biochemistry of such a feeling has been explored, at least minimally, at this point.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join